154     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 590     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 500     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly Dale didn't go to Rob Fords house. He was in the public park behind Fords for the purpose of a story he was reporting on. Secondly if you saw any of the media coverage of this story you will know what I mean about "nosy" neighbors. They are in every camera shot hovering in the background just waiting to give their two cents. I would hate to live beside such busybodies.

What about the reporters who surrounded Conrad Black's home when he returned home? In this case, they were actually taking pictures of Black's property through his fence and not pictures of his neighbours.

[video=youtube;nUhWDr74WyE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUhWDr74WyE[/video]

And they did not trespass onto Black's property, nor did they get a Rob Ford reaction.

What creeping/skulking aspect? He was out in daylight, in the park, trying to find the bit of property Ford wanted to purchase. I don't see how this is creeping/skulking. I often have to field work along people's backyards, and it's pretty routine to take pictures of what you've seen. Nothing odd here. I often see people in the neighbourhood, looking at things, taking notes. I assume it's related to some upcoming construction activity or something. I don't call 9-1-1; that's not what 9-1-1 is for (though haven't the police indicated, that they didn't get the call until about 15-20 minutes after Ford physically threatened the reporter, and stole his property?)

NB: I know that. I know he was on public property. I was referring more to the nature of Ford's property vs David Miller's property; and how unfortunately for Ford, the three-sides-exposed configuration of his property leaves it more open to, uh, what a Sue-Ann Levy (harrumph) might construe as "creeping/skulkingesque" behaviour--it wouldn't be so if he merely had street frontage, and I'm sure plenty of people have pointed/looked/taken pictures of his house from Edenbridge, and it'd be silly for him to go all steam-engine at those folks.

Oh, and incidentally, if you have to do backyard fieldwork, I'll presume there's some kind of authorization or quasi-authorization involved. Because even Millerland urbanites wouldn't be hot about unauthorized "meter readers" or whomever...

From "it appears" to "crime he has clearly committed" in one sentence. Well done.
Your correct, poorly phrased. I'll fix my post. There is no doubt that once again, Rob Ford has threatened to physically attack someone, and should be imprisoned in order to protect society.

Oh, and incidentally, if you have to do backyard fieldwork, I'll presume there's some kind of authorization or quasi-authorization involved. Because even Millerland urbanites wouldn't be hot about unauthorized "meter readers" or whomever...
Lots of permits if you actually start to dig, etc. But to get such permits, you have to go out and document what's actually there first ... walk the property edges, take photos, etc. You know, the kind of thing Dale was doing. As long as you remain on public property, or obtain permission from the property owner, there's no permits required to simply reconnoitre.

I've heard mention that legal property surveyors don't even have to obtain permission to enter a property, if they are doing work, such as surveying an adjacent property. Not sure if that's true or not.

So... the Star reporter goes to Rob Fords house, admits to walking around and trying to take pictures, and it's the neighbor who is nosy??

several points need clairification:
* the reporter was NOT on RFs property, but on PUBLIC land
* when did it become an illegal act to walk around on PUBLIC lands and take pictures?
i'm sure you're trying to allude that illicit photos were taken, but that hasn't been stated as fact or confirmed by police.
* the reporter was doing what a good reporter should do ... investigate ! so yes, he's nosy but it's part of their job to not just print press releases.

several points need clairification:
* the reporter was NOT on RFs property, but on PUBLIC land
* when did it become an illegal act to walk around on PUBLIC lands and take pictures?
i'm sure you're trying to allude that illicit photos were taken, but that hasn't been stated as fact or confirmed by police.
* the reporter was doing what a good reporter should do ... investigate ! so yes, he's nosy but it's part of their job to not just print press releases.
You can be on public land and still be the nosy one, among the parties involved. I'm just pointing out that it's a little odd to call the neighbors nosy and not the reporter, regardless of where he was standing at the time.

If a reporter's not being nosy then he's not doing his job. Woodward and Bernstien were also nosy - I think they wrote a book about it.

Today on the show Rob Ford is hosting, of course they talked about what happened and Ford says when the neighbour came over to tell him about someone being back there, Rob said he told him he was going to go out there and get the guy. Does that sound like someone who is afraid for his family?

Today on the show Rob Ford is hosting, of course they talked about what happened and Ford says when the neighbour came over to tell him about someone being back there, Rob said he told him he was going to go out there and get the guy. Does that sound like someone who is afraid for his family?
No, that sounds like the maniacal rantings of someone whose already been arrested for assault. It's no wonder he keeps getting accused of assault, if that's his attitude.

With the marathon this weekend and the Ride for Heart happening in just under a month, I'm surprised we're not hearing about these events closing down roads. Wasn't that a big issue for Ford a year or two ago? I wonder if he has drop the subject in lieu of his current approval ratings and/or his current losing streak with major council votes. I'm really surprised Doug Ford hasn't piped up about it either as the media seems pick up on every stupid thing he says.

Much like the plastic bag fee, these "hassles" can be avoided with the slightest bit of foresight.

I sure hope it stays a non-issue... I'm looking forward to taking part in the Ride for Heart for the first time next month.

Sounds like someone who thinks he already owns the park property as a buffer state for his own property.

Last edited:
ok so here are my two questions...

Why didn't the star reporter have some sort of pass code on his cell phone??? this is a business phone, hell everyone I know including my brothers 15 yr old brother have pass codes on their cell phones to protect information, least I would expect from a major newspaper

Second, Why did the reporter give it up so easily.... He had a gold mind of footage, and he is just gonna hand it over like that because some fat guy said so? He had journalistic gold and just gave it up.... come on grow a pair!

Lots of permits if you actually start to dig, etc. But to get such permits, you have to go out and document what's actually there first ... walk the property edges, take photos, etc. You know, the kind of thing Dale was doing. As long as you remain on public property, or obtain permission from the property owner, there's no permits required to simply reconnoitre.

I've heard mention that legal property surveyors don't even have to obtain permission to enter a property, if they are doing work, such as surveying an adjacent property. Not sure if that's true or not.

Well, exactly with all of that. And my point being that David Miller has very little "public property" other than street frontage.

Which is more by way of addressing Sue-Ann Levy's blather about how she never did anything like this to Miller; therefore, why did a Star reporter bla bla bla.

Incidentally, I passed the property today; and I'll have to say--aside from issues relating to Ford's political status, persona, the incidents this week, given the configurations here I'd say that there's a plausible argument for a severance. Approable, I'm not judging; but plausible, yes. Ah, if he were just any old private citizen...

Which is more by way of addressing Sue-Ann Levy's blather about how she never did anything like this to Miller; therefore, why did a Star reporter bla bla bla.
Who cares about Levy's blather ... whatever that is. The woman is a pyschotic nut-job, who tossed journalistic integrity out the window years ago. She's just bitter because she know she's backed such a moronic bigot, and she can't see how to save face.

Incidentally, I passed the property today; and I'll have to say--aside from issues relating to Ford's political status, persona, the incidents this week, given the configurations here I'd say that there's a plausible argument for a severance. Approable, I'm not judging; but plausible, yes. Ah, if he were just any old private citizen...
Looking from the air photos and from Google streetview, he's essentially asking for the piece of land directly between the community centre and the road. That seems to be bizarre ... if he was asking for a piece of unused land behind his house, I could see it ... but his ask seems very odd. Why doesn't he just build a fence down the side of his lot? Nothing is stopping him doing that. He just wants a bigger yard, that's all. Rob Ford is simply taking advantage of his position, and couching his desire for more property in terms of a safety issue. I can't imagine any previous mayor of this city in recent years doing anything so self-serving.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't imagine any previous mayor of this city in recent years doing anything so self-serving.
lol.

Lastman and the Sheppard subway line? Miller banning already illegal handguns? Hall electioneering against the airport after supporting its expansion?

ALL politicians do things that someone would describe as self serving. It's just your bias that states that this is worse than anything else, when even adma can be reasonable and say that there is a case for the property to be looked at. It's not like the application said "I'm Rob f****g Ford and I want the land for $1" or something. It's not like he lives in subsidized housing while making a comfortable councilor's salary, or landing a sweetheart deal for a businessman in his ward whose dishwasher and hot dog flipper donated $500 to his campaign, or taking French lessons on the city's dime...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back