444     1 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 1.1K     7 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 645     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Ford handled the conference better than usual and he's looking forward to running in the next campaign, Doug Ford was on fire egging Wynne on. They are confident. CN, I think you've won. Someone they trust has the recording, I don't think we are going to see it. I believe the game is over. Was anyone watching on CP24 and hear them thank CNN for the satellite feed that was carried world-wide? Good grief.

Entirely the fault of the Star and Gawker. They had the video on hand, and missed up on the opportunity to acquire it, placing the reader in a position where they had to trust their word. And now the Fords are firing at that trust- hopefully the video will still see the light of day, but everything's up in the air at the moment.

Entirely the fault of the Star and Gawker. They had the video on hand, and missed up on the opportunity to acquire it
There is no way that the Star would pay $200,000 for any piece of news, however juicy, and I very much doubt that Gawker was willing to part with that much of their own cash. There was no real "opportunity" if the owner was adamant about being paid so much.

We've been reading that since Monday. So where is it? Why haven't we seen it? Gawker has had enough time to cross their "T's" and dot the "I's" with their legal council.

Yeah, I'm sure you know exactly what they have to do in order to publish the video. You're a legal expert, right? Tell me about all the applicable laws and statutes they have to watch out for and step around, and how they can ensure legal action doesn't come against them for anything.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Until Kathleen Wynne gets elected to office (god help us) she should learn to keep her mouth shut! She has a lot of nerve threatening to toss Rob Ford out of office. The Mayor of London Ontario remains in office despite being charged with a criminal offense. How come Wynne hasn't stepped him to remove him from office? Is it because the Mayor of London is a Liberal? You see the hypocrisy?

True that Wynne should keep out of it (and learn from council's left wing, which hasn't said much of anything apart from talking about other things going on at City Hall and in their communities. The most I've heard from the left and centre about Ford(s) is lamenting the distraction this all is.) But she is elected to public office. She has a seat in the legislature, doesn't she? She was elected by her party as leader, wasn't she? Nonsense.

Until Kathleen Wynne gets elected to office (god help us) she should learn to keep her mouth shut! She has a lot of nerve threatening to toss Rob Ford out of office. The Mayor of London Ontario remains in office despite being charged with a criminal offense. How come Wynne hasn't stepped him to remove him from office? Is it because the Mayor of London is a Liberal? You see the hypocrisy?

Wynne talks about Ford's "personal problems" perhaps the media should dig into Wynnes personal life! How much business does the company part-owned by Wynne's wife get from the Ontario government? How many $Millions in Ontario contracts are going to enrich Wynne family household? Can you imagine the scandal if Rob Ford's wife owned a consulting company that did most of it's business with the city?
First of all, we don't elect a Premier. Wynne wasn't elected and neither were any of our former Premiers. We vote for a party. The party with the most seats chooses a Premier.

And all Wynne said is that she was monitoring the situation. Not that she was going to throw Ford out of office. Seems like a reasonable thing to me when these scandals have lead to a dysfunctional government in Canada's largest city and when there are potential criminal ramifications.

There is no way that the Star would pay $200,000 for any piece of news, however juicy, and I very much doubt that Gawker was willing to part with that much of their own cash. There was no real "opportunity" if the owner was adamant about being paid so much.

Which is why we've ended up at this point right now. I wish Gawker just bought up the video, and then asked for donations to recoup some of its losses rather than leading everyone on a wild goose hunt.

CN, I think you've won. Someone they trust has the recording, I don't think we are going to see it. I believe the game is over.

I wouldn't be so sure. Even if they did procure the video, it might (i would say likely) come out that they did. Which is just as bad as it going public. It would prove it exists (even if we don't get to enjoy seeing it), and that they tried to cover it up.

Until Kathleen Wynne gets elected to office (god help us) she should learn to keep her mouth shut! She has a lot of nerve threatening to toss Rob Ford out of office.

Until Doug Ford gets elected to be Mayor he should learn to keep his mouth shut! He has a lot of nerve threatening Kathleen Wynne.

You see the hypocrisy?

yes i do, as a matter of fact.

If there is no video, or if something very dramatic doesn't happen like Ford getting arrested, he's clearly not going anywhere on his own. At this point I doubt he'd resign even with a verified video.

I wouldn't be so sure. Even if they did procure the video, it might (i would say likely) come out that they did. Which is just as bad as it going public. It would prove it exists (even if we don't get to enjoy seeing it), and that they tried to cover it up.

Alternately- they found a way to destroy the video. Removes evidence, but without paying directly for the video. Ford could have just paid off a few thugs to head over to that address and eliminate the video. Then again, they've said there's three videos, so this may be a bit difficult if it's true.

He said he wants to reduce Council to 25. What happened to 23?
They've increased the number of federal ridings in Toronto from 22, to 22.5 to 25. If you want to cut the number of councillors in half, 25 is a sensible and pragmatic number. Which does make you wonder why he's suggesting it.

At the same time, to preserve the status quo, they might actually look at increasing from 44 to 50.

Alternately- they found a way to destroy the video. Removes evidence, but without paying directly for the video. Ford could have just paid off a few thugs to head over to that address and eliminate the video. Then again, they've said there's three videos, so this may be a bit difficult if it's true.

Well that would explain the attempted murder at the video owners apartment building...

Until Kathleen Wynne gets elected to office (god help us) she should learn to keep her mouth shut!
What on earth are you talking about? Wynne won her riding. She won the leadership. People vote for MPPs. If one doesn't understand our electoral system, should one learn to keep ones mouth shut?

She has a lot of nerve threatening to toss Rob Ford out of office.
She had done no such thing. Why would make such a bizarre claim. She said she'd take appropriate action at an appropriate time.

The Mayor of London Ontario remains in office despite being charged with a criminal offense. How come Wynne hasn't stepped him to remove him from office?
Perhaps because the Mayor of London's press conferences aren't being carried live on CNN.

Is it because the Mayor of London is a Liberal?
You think this is about Liberal/Conservative??? ROTFLMAO. As a Liberal, the BEST thing she can do is keep Conservative Rob Ford in power - so she can point at that ridiculous piece of crap as an example of Hudak's proposed policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back