1.6K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 536     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see where there was any "crying wolf" going on. It's less about what constitutes "the news" than it is about the level of discourse used in reporting it. I'm willing to bet those that discount the Star the way you seem to think are the same people who cling to every word Sue-Ann Levy says, where the level of discourse is, shall we say....lower?

Well, a simple example which obviously doesn't represent everyone. My parents, once upon a time got the sunday Sun delivered, but 20+ years ago switched over to the Star daily delivery because they were tired of the Sun (it was bad even back then, just not as bad as now). They cancelled the Star last year and switched to the G&M. They didn't like Ford either, but they were sick and tired of so much of it's focus being on Ford.

And yes, I do read SAL, but I treat her with the same contempt as the rest of the columnists at the Sun - and the Star as well. I call those sections the comics.........

Behind the scenes shot of Rob and Doug recording their radio show last week.
rob and doug 001.jpg

Attachments

• rob and doug 001.jpg
    rob and doug 001.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 410
The same guys ripping on Ford for acting classless respond with this junk? I mean I guess if you cant beat him at the polls and cant knock him with all the fake accusations just resort to the lowest common denominator huh? Too bad he has a great chance at re-election, cant wait to see to the freak-out on this board if that happens.

Public Inquiry into Rob Ford's Office

City Councillors are finally stepping away from the sidelines and directly into this matter as they should. It's being circulated around council the idea of a motion calling for a public and transparent inquiry into Rob Ford's office. His hiring practices, his hidden schedule, and why he fired his chief of staff. The pressure will be on. What exactly does David Price do at his office collecting six figures? How was his staff chosen (coincidentally most of them are football related)? There is likely a super majority of Councillors who will support this so I don't see it having any problem sailing through council.

City Councillors are finally stepping away from the sidelines and directly into this matter as they should. It's being circulated around council the idea of a motion calling for a public and transparent inquiry into Rob Ford's office. His hiring practices, his hidden schedule, and why he fired his chief of staff. The pressure will be on. What exactly does David Price do at his office collecting six figures? How was his staff chosen (coincidentally most of them are football related)? There is likely a super majority of Councillors who will support this so I don't see it having any problem sailing through council.

To really nip this in the bud, there needs to be a special session to get the wheels turning. This can't wait until next month... so glad to hear it, though.

This should absolutely happen. Never mind allegations of substance abuse, consorting with drug dealers, etc. etc. (those are very serious charges and need to be addressed too), but this is also needed. What are we paying Rob for? What are we paying his minions .... er, staff ... for? How does one get hired beyond a spur-of-the-moment, I-know-you-from-football decision? Rob, the taxpayers need to know.

The same guys ripping on Ford for acting classless respond with this junk? I mean I guess if you cant beat him at the polls and cant knock him with all the fake accusations just resort to the lowest common denominator huh? Too bad he has a great chance at re-election, cant wait to see to the freak-out on this board if that happens.

We missed out on you telling us all the accomplishments Ford has done which Toronto has never seen before.

"Since when are public figures fair game for satire?"

-Monty Burns

We missed out on you telling us all the accomplishments Ford has done which Toronto has never seen before.

Didn't you hear Ford's radio show over the weekend? They have brought accountability to City Hall - first time ever.
I honestly don't know how they get away with such blatant untruths... it's even more amazing that Ford Supporters, here and elsewhere, can't admit that, um, yeah Ford isn't exactly respecting taxpayers or holding himself accountable as of late. I don't know a single credible journalist that has said he has offered a significant response in light of all the recent happenings.

^Just a friendly reminder that they tend to stop talking if you don't reply. Otherwise, have at 'em and fill yer boots!

I thought it was hilarious that CN Tower said he would block/ignore anyone that called him a Ford supporter one day, and the next day said "until we see the tape, i will continue to support Ford and his agenda". He made good on his blocking threats and never once addressed the people that called him out when he played the victim card (calling people names, then saying he gets pushed into the corner because of his political views), so I'm pretty sure he's existing happily in his cone of silence where he's only exposed to people who handle him with kid gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back