1.1K     5 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 570     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doolittle and Donovan are both great, hard-working journalists without political agendas. I don't doubt what they say. Kevin Donovan helped break the ORNGE scandal, after all.

See, that's what the Libtards want you to think. It's an elaborate ploy to make you believe that the Communist Star is a legitimate "news"paper. This is why the only paper I'll ever read is the TO Sun. They have hard hitting, fact based, truthful journalism.

Last edited:
See, that's what the Libtards want you to think. It's an elaborate ploy to make you believe that the Communist Star is a legitimate "news"paper. This is why the only paper I'll ever read is the TO Sun. They have hard hitting, fact based, truthful journalism.

lol. Does the Sun even do investigative journalism?

Oh, Peepers. The Toronto Star wasn't "sitting" on this story, they were still working on it, looking for more corroboration and information. You know, responsible journalism. Gawker's publication of this story had the Star scrambling to put out what they had.

Doolittle and Donovan are both great, hard-working journalists without political agendas. I don't doubt what they say. Kevin Donovan helped break the ORNGE scandal, after all.

Here's an insightful piece from Friday's The National - http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/TV+Shows/The+National/ID/2385912332/

Took 7 hours to go from $50,000 - $60,000. Painfully slow. Still that's an average of $23/min, so we're still well on track.

Seems unlikely that it will hit $100,000 by midnight, but if trends continue it should reach it by Sunday night.

I feel the need to restate - "Past trends do not indicate future growth" is a golden rule in finance. You can't take the performance in one hour (or 7 hours) and extrapolate it for an entire week! We just have to really hope that a few more big donations come in and that Gawker has a threshold at which they will top up the pot. I feel like it will continue to slow down over the weekend, slowly creep up to $100,000 over the course of the week, and then (oh i hope) there's another blitz by gawker to do a final push through next weekend. There could also be a bump when people get back into town on Tuesday and see that it hit $75K over the long weekend... a good portion of (wealthy) people left the city Friday afternoon to go open the cottage for the season, and there's a chance they haven't really been aware of the fundraising.

But oh how I would love it if some ultra-wealthy individual would parachute in and drop the cash so that we can see the video by the end of Monday! :)

Didn't your source tell us that Rob Ford would be arrested shortly?

No, they told me that the police is aware of the video, who's shopping it and that Ford is known to them for having these illegal activities -- potentially enough to get arrested. My hyperbolic "the police will soon be dragging Ford out in handcuffs" comment is just my own speculation based on what I've been told.

It's a parody. That said, the very fact that we are having trouble in separating fact from fiction is a pretty telling indictment of his worship's mayoralty.

AoD

I feel the need to restate - "Past trends do not indicate future growth" is a golden rule in finance. You can't take the performance in one hour (or 7 hours) and extrapolate it for an entire week! We just have to really hope that a few more big donations come in and that Gawker has a threshold at which they will top up the pot. I feel like it will continue to slow down over the weekend, slowly creep up to $100,000 over the course of the week, and then (oh i hope) there's another blitz by gawker to do a final push through next weekend. There could also be a bump when people get back into town on Tuesday and see that it hit $75K over the long weekend... a good portion of (wealthy) people left the city Friday afternoon to go open the cottage for the season, and there's a chance they haven't really been aware of the fundraising.

But oh how I would love it if some ultra-wealthy individual would parachute in and drop the cash so that we can see the video by the end of Monday! :)

If I were a multi-millionaire I would drop $40,000 into the pot so easily. :rolleyes:

Perks are now added to the Indiegogo: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rob-ford-crackstarter

They include a $75 public thank you tweet (unlimited) and a $100,000 iPhone that is used to record the video (there is only one such specific iPhone). There are three other perks, but would only be available if the funding is consummated: a $150 signed Canadian flag by Nick Denton, owner of Gawker (100 available); a $200 commemorative hand-drawn digital painting (read: done on a graphics tablet) of Rob Ford smoking crack (100 available), and a $1000 dinner with Gawker staff at a restaurant in New York City (1 available).

As of this post, it raised $66,411.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back