1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 390     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do we think the future has in store for Ford? Will he resign, be arrested, or continue his mayoralty as normal?

I say that the best possible outcome for Ford is that he stays in office and dosen't get reelected.

Worse case scenario, he gets into legal trouble or the police get involved.

Most likely scenario, he resigns and perhaps his brother does as well.

By the way, Doug's dreams of becoming an MPP have just been killed.

So what do we think the future has in store for Ford? Will he resign, be arrested, or continue his mayoralty as normal?

I say that the best possible outcome for Ford is that he stays in office and dosen't get reelected.

Based on Ford's prior behaviour, I think he'll just continue to deny the claim until the tape comes out, if it ever does.

Yeah, totally. Time and a place...

As much as I want him out of office, if he truly is addicted to crack, it's hard to take joy in that. That said, his supposed substance abuse problem being laid bare is probably the best thing to encourage him to seek treatment.

Ford would never resign. From what is publicly known and from what I've heard leading up to this, the police will get involved. What Ford is alleged to have done is punishable by prison. A jailed Mayor is no longer Mayor and the whole string of options for who will replace him comes back into the picture.

Ford would never resign. From what is publicly known and from what I've heard leading up to this, the police will get involved. What Ford is alleged to have done is punishable by prison. A jailed Mayor is no longer Mayor and the whole string of options for who will replace him comes back into the picture.

What make you think the police will get involved. They usually won't go after someone based on video evidence alone. Especially for a relatively minor offence such as this.

What make you think the police will get involved. They usually won't go after someone based on video evidence alone. Especially for a relatively minor offence such as this.

I suspect that there's a lot more to the story, considering that Ford is even hanging out with these guys in the first place.

As much as I want him out of office, if he truly is addicted to crack, it's hard to take joy in that. That said, his supposed substance abuse problem being laid bare is probably the best thing to encourage him to seek treatment.

I have to wonder how many heads will roll because of this. There are certainly several individuals in City Hall who know about his cocaine abuse and tried to cover it up. Deliberatly hiding something like that from the public about their political leaders cannot be good for someones political career.

I'm almost certain Doug Ford will be implicated. There's no way he didn't know. Perhaps the Deputy Mayor and Ford's staffers as well?

I think Ford will deny the story until he can create a new diversion. His few fanatic supporters would certainly stand behind the mayor getting into a dust-up at city hall, maybe bitch-slapping a reporter or kicking a councillor in the nuts. Something to take the heat off this latest scandal. Diminishing expectations for Toronto. It doesn't get any more diminished than this!

There would need to be proof of this video existing, beyond only two Toronto Star reporters, there would be no shortage of people who would quickly dismiss the allegations based solely on the fact that the star is involved.

The holder of the video could easily just delete it if the pressure builds up, especially if he also supplies for other prominent business or political persons. he wouldn't want to drive away his customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back