News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.4K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go Folks...
The people of Toronto want to give back to a man who has given so much to them. Immortalize Rob Ford with a statue in the Great City of Toronto.

Former Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has touched the hearts of many in the great city he represented. This man was a fighter until the end. Fighting for every single person he represented and known for keeping an eagles eye on every tax dollar spent in the city of Toronto, ending what was known as the "gravy train".
https://www.change.org/p/mayor-john-tory-i-believe-rob-ford-should-have-a-statue-made-in-his-honor

I couldn't stand it anymore, so I creeped on Renata's FB page. Now, I'm not a FB user at all, more of a Twitter guy, so I may not be understanding something here. But it looks to me like, on Tuesday, the day Rob passed, Renata was, among other stuff, sharing funny cat vids & recipes, posting memes about Liberals, and debating climate change?

Do I have this right? This can't be right. Right? Because wow. Yeah.

I couldn't stand it anymore, so I creeped on Renata's FB page. Now, I'm not a FB user at all, more of a Twitter guy, so I may not be understanding something here. But it looks to me like, on Tuesday, the day Rob passed, Renata was, among other stuff, sharing funny cat vids & recipes, posting memes about Liberals, and debating climate change?

You've got it right.

You've got it right.

Far from it to be my place to tell people how they should mourn and I can totally understand having an unexpected or odd reaction to a traumatic moment like this but it doesn't look like she even broke her stride. Like it's just business as usual. Given the whole big-picture situation here, I ...

Well God damn. I just don't know.

Far from it to be my place to tell people how they should mourn and I can totally understand having an unexpected or odd reaction to a traumatic moment like this but it doesn't look like she even broke her stride. Like it's just business as usual. Given the whole big-picture situation here, I ...

Well God damn. I just don't know.
I'm sure the edge has been taken off by "mother's little helper", and I honestly don't think their relationship was a love match. I know I wasn't out of my bed for the first week after my husband died, but that's me.

Maybe one of the kids runs it for her.

Amazing, I think 80% are from outside Toronto. Hopefully this dies down after next week.
What's interesting is the amount after ~3 days. If there was such a swelling for Robbie then how come the lack of enthusiasm in Toronto.

Millionaire TV personality and ex-NHL hockey coach Don Cherry just said millionaire ex-mayor of largest city in Canada Rob Ford was "a common guy, just like me"
Common as muck.
Maybe one of the kids runs it for her.
No, it's your typical bored housewife FB page. Nothing special, her political interests, mostly junk shared, it doesn't even look like she plays any games.

That's why I questioned if it was hers, who spends that much time on Facebook after a spouse passes away? She has 2 kids to deal with and a funeral to plan...actually that would be the Fords' job. But it seems too strange to me.

I don't really care about her Facebook rantings. What I do think will happen is that there will be backlash to them using Rob's corpse to promote their brand.

The thing is, even better than not making a spectacle at all is allowing for a laughably failed attempt at spectacle. No better way to turn off the whole city than to allow full exposure of Doug's self-aggrandizing asshole personality.

There's something to be said for this, and I freely admit to a warm glow in my cold, cynical heart at the thought of the entire brouhaha falling flat due to lack of interest from the general public. That certainly appears to be the direction things are going in, the local media's attempts at drumming up interest notwithstanding. Such an utter failure would surely be occasion for a shitload of cruel and derisive laughter, and if events do indeed fall out this way, I bet there'd be plenty of it. (The whole sorry situation is beginning to remind of Slob's drunken forays amidst his supposed fans, where he was surrounded by people openly laughing and jeering at him.) And yet...wouldn't that also make the city look, well, bad? Do we really need to confront something that never should have been an issue to begin with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back