News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.6K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 635     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
But first...

...coming soon to an 11 PM news report near you...

NIGHTMARE ON PHILADELPHIA AVENUE!

"Prime Minister" Rob Rob attends a State Dinner at the White House hosted by "President" Donald Trump!

Can you say Toronto Garrison Ball 2.0?

RoFo will lay in state in a Sears Outlet parking lot in Rexdale. His favourite Canadian band, Trooper, will be playing a heartfelt rendition of it's hit, thin white line.

Nope, didn't even cross my mind. AFAIK Graeme was into adults and really, who knows what his motives were for taking his own life?

Not the detail of *who* he was into; more, the strange cloud looming over him and the "how did *this* guy get vetted" subtext.

Come to think of it, maybe not to a "toilet cam" degree, but there *must* be some indiscretionary story related to Graeme's restaurateur/sommelier Vancouver past--which may explain why he moved to Toronto in the first place, as well as why that alternate career option was off the table...

Not the detail of *who* he was into; more, the strange cloud looming over him and the "how did *this* guy get vetted" subtext.

Come to think of it, maybe not to a "toilet cam" degree, but there *must* be some indiscretionary story related to Graeme's restaurateur/sommelier Vancouver past--which may explain why he moved to Toronto in the first place, as well as why that alternate career option was off the table...

Ah ... who knows, really? He seemed like a bit of an enigma. An angry, secretive, petty enigma. The whole thing about deleting his Twitter account when he wasn't using it seemed to me like someone who was periodically ashamed of himself.

Post-Chicago melee, Marco Rubio hints that the protests "seemed orchestrated" and invokes the Doug Ford line that "paid protestors" are involved.

Can't these Republicans make up their own shit?

Post-Chicago melee, Marco Rubio hints that the protests "seemed orchestrated" and invokes the Doug Ford line that "paid protestors" are involved.

Can't these Republicans make up their own shit?

You flatter Doug if you think he invented that shit. It's probably been around since there have been politicians, and before that, kings.

Doug also better be more careful now about his enthusiasm for Trump since Patrick Brown announced the party's return to Big Tent politics (".. no matter who you love, or you belong to a union ...") at their last confab's closing remarks, especially now that Trump has got "his" party imploding! Fords don't play nice with others.

If anything, Doug's probably seething with frustrated jealousy over Trump pulling off this shtick, and on a much larger stage than the Fords would ever be capable of managing. Give Trump this (hateful pig though he is), thanks to his years in 'reality' tv, the Donald knows how to work the media. He's also proven himself to be a first class demagogue. The Fords, by contrast, are strictly amateur hour: lazy, inept, not very bright. Once you get to know them, they're really quite dull...and dull witted. As we've seen from their own attempts at television, they simply don't have the chops for sustained exposure to the public in an entertainment format. Not even Rofo, who's supposed to be the popular one.

I suppose they did a little better on the radio, but, y'know, big fuckin' deal.

If anything, Doug's probably seething with frustrated jealousy over Trump pulling off this shtick, and on a much larger stage than the Fords would ever be capable of managing. Give Trump this (hateful pig though he is), thanks to his years in 'reality' tv, the Donald knows how to work the media. He's also proven himself to be a first class demagogue. The Fords, by contrast, are strictly amateur hour: lazy, inept, not very bright. Once you get to know them, they're really quite dull...and dull witted. As we've seen from their own attempts at television, they simply don't have the chops for sustained exposure to the public in an entertainment format. Not even Rofo, who's supposed to be the popular one.

I suppose they did a little better on the radio, but, y'know, big fuckin' deal.
There's something to this. Trump may be a dick but you'd probably accept an invitation to drinks at his pad. Go drinking with the Fords and you'd probably end up gouging out your eyes with a fork.

I just read Towhey's book from the library. Doug is such a horrible brother. He was planning things (the ferris wheel) behind Rob's back. I didn't think they were really close to begin with and I think it was even worse than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back