News   Jun 25, 2024
 906     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.5K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's something we haven't talked about:

Two Council meetings ago, they voted to excuse Rob from being absent, as is their custom with members who are having issues with their health.

But the last Council meeting ended with them all debating the poisonous member's motion that Rob had concocted to embarrass them all about their per diem claims . . . and then somehow they never did get around to voting to excuse him.

If I recall correctly, a Councillor can miss three meetings before Council can declare the seat vacant.

So, that's one.

The next one should be a doozie since they'll be talking about transit. If he misses that it will be because he's either in really bad shape or he's in hospital.

I thought he was excused, but I could be wrong.

At the second last Council meeting, the vote happened right at the end . . . as a way of wrapping things up.

At the last Council meeting, if they voted to excuse him, then it did not happen at the end, because I was watching it then . . . and everyone was just so happy to be getting out of there.

Fillion's book goes into a fair amount of detail about the relationship between Doug and Rob. There were many times when Doug was defending his brother publicly but not speaking to him privately.

The times where he was defending Rob, he is really defending the Ford name, and defending himself from the idea that he is a lousy/negligent brother.

Also remember the traditional 60s70s80s FoFam modus operandi (as reported by Filion): if anyone threatens you, beat them up; and if there's further problems or consequences, Daddy'll take it up with the principal, the authorities, etc....

Last edited:
At the second last Council meeting, the vote happened right at the end . . . as a way of wrapping things up.

At the last Council meeting, if they voted to excuse him, then it did not happen at the end, because I was watching it then . . . and everyone was just so happy to be getting out of there.
It was there. In the minutes it's near the very bottom.

http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewPublishedReport.do?function=getCouncilMinutesReport&meetingId=9696

Motion to Excuse Absentees moved by Councillor Stephen Holyday (Carried)
That City Council excuse the absence of Councillor Rob Ford from the December 9 and 10, 2015 City Council meeting.
Vote
(Excuse Absentees)
Dec-10-2015 9:32 PM

It was there. In the minutes it's near the very bottom.

http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewPublishedReport.do?function=getCouncilMinutesReport&meetingId=9696

Motion to Excuse Absentees moved by Councillor Stephen Holyday (Carried)
That City Council excuse the absence of Councillor Rob Ford from the December 9 and 10, 2015 City Council meeting.
Vote (Excuse Absentees)
Dec-10-2015 9:32 PM

I stand corrected. My apologies.

I should have known it was too good to be true.

Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 12.58.34 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 12.58.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 12.58.34 PM.png
    21 KB · Views: 539
“Rob [Ford] could commit murder on the steps of city hall and they would still vote for him”: Doug Ford, campaign manager

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters." - Donald Trump

“Rob [Ford] could commit murder on the steps of city hall and they would still vote for him”: Doug Ford, campaign manager

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters." - Donald Trump
You may be onto something! Are they really one person? Do we have any photos of them together?

You may be onto something! Are they really one person? Do we have any photos of them together?

No, but I thought Doug looked particularly Trumpy here:

doug_ford_jpg_size_xxlarge_promo.jpg

Attachments

• doug_ford_jpg_size_xxlarge_promo.jpg
    doug_ford_jpg_size_xxlarge_promo.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 532
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back