Not open for further replies.
councillor shirt.JPG

http://iconosquare.com/p/1083504911613347338_299011712

Attachments

• councillor shirt.JPG
    councillor shirt.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 393
No nightingale in this Muzik
They live within earshot — and gunshot — of Muzik. I know you know that name. It is a troubled club on the Exhibition grounds where young people party in their thousands, late into the night, hoping to fill a fierce and urgent need for booze, drugs, sex, or a fleeting glimpse of fame; whatever, as long as it is dressed in high heels or high-priced sneakers.

But Muzik, in spite of the flash and glare, is not Vegas. What happens there does not stay there; instead, it spills across this neighbourhood; and some of what spills is vomit, and some is urine.

And some of it is blood.
[...]
Lorna said, “We’ve been complaining for years . . . since 2012 there have been nine assaults, seven assaults causing bodily harm, two assaults with a weapon, two sexual assaults, one discharge of a firearm.”
[...]
Lorna amplified her feelings: “It’s not about noise. We expect that — we get the Indy, the carnival, the CHIN picnic, the religious celebrations.” Roger said, “Those things are predominantly family-oriented.” Lorna said, “This is about violence, the destruction of property, and the lack of security at night.”

Destruction of property?

Routinely, drunks traipse through their gardens long after midnight, trampling hedges and flowers, knocking over fences, and in a couple of cases kicking in garage doors.

Plus the bullets, plus the blood.

Here’s an irony, if you like that sort of thing: there is a halfway house in the neighbourhood. The purpose of a halfway house is to help people reintegrate into the community. Yeah, sure, let’s reintegrate people into booze, drugs and bullets at 3 a.m.

Don also said he was worried about prostitution. I asked him how he knew about that. He said, “One night I saw 12 girls get out of a limo, no purses, six-inch heels; you know exactly who they were.”

I take him at his word.

He has gone to meetings of the Exhibition Place board and made his feelings known. The neighbours have a sort of email list so that they might exchange information, and they are doing what they can to shut the club down.

How’s it been going?

Lorna said, “There was a meeting set up in June; the CEO of Exhibition Place said she wasn’t sure if we had complained.”

I thought she was kidding.

She was not.

Don said, “We’re supposed to call 3-1-1 when there are problems, or call our councillor.” Gordon Perks is the councillor in question, but as good as he is, he’s not likely to pick up if you’re calling at 3 a.m.

And oh, I cannot unravel all the various civic boards, agencies and committees involved in this dispute — perhaps that’s by design — but I do know that these neighbours have been gathering signatures on a petition.

What are they after?

The cancellation of the Muzik lease; a revocation of the Muzik liquor licence; and the return of safety to their neighbourhood.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015/09/27/no-nightingale-in-this-muzik-fiorito.html

Rob, champion of the little guy (mayoralty): Total received from contributors of $100 or less = $34,261.74. Total received from contributors of more than $100 = $174,509.51.

Amount contributed to Rob by Colonel Neil Flagg: $142
Amount contributed to Rob by HotMail Lawyer Dennis Morris: $216

Amount contributed to Doug Jr. by Flagg: nil
Amount contributed to Doug Jr. by Morris: $300

It's looking like the momentum is shifting in Harper's favour. I predict another majority. What does that mean for Rob Ford's Toronto? I guess the PM's SmartTrack pledge will hold. So Ford will campaign against his hero Harper in a way?

It's looking like the momentum is shifting in Harper's favour. I predict another majority. What does that mean for Rob Ford's Toronto? I guess the PM's SmartTrack pledge will hold. So Ford will campaign against his hero Harper in a way?
heres hoping those who are voting NDP because they want to make a point to the Liberals realize this is a anybody but Harper moment

Reactions: YPQ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back