1.2K     0 
News   May 27, 2024
 977     1 
News   May 27, 2024
 5.3K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAL's position now is that she's disappointed in Ford and can no longer trust him, but in no way did she and the Sun enable him by going along with the 'no video' angle or by complaining that he was being hounded by the media, no sirree.

True, she has never been as rabid as some, like Warmington.

That sounds promising.

I think the "not hard to prove" refers only to whether the business relationships existed and whether the Fords voted at the times in question. Whether those votes constitute a conflict is a whole other kettle of fish. On another matter, I do like Soop's comment above about possibly calling Deco client to testify. Definitely not good for business. Methinks the Fords would be wise to agree to facts and avoid the scenario altogether.

What if he's eventually removed from office--it's doubtful the judge would ban him from running for any period of time, no? Think council should appoint someone or hold a byelection?

So says the Gravy Boat Express when he and his brother use Ford Festers illegally.
Maybe the "Auditor General" could take a look at where the proceeds of the Bobbleheads sold in the City Hall lobby went. Bet not on paperclips. Anyway, looks like Mammo schooled Robbie on how to raise $$$ for his good works.

What if he's eventually removed from office--it's doubtful the judge would ban him from running for any period of time, no? Think council should appoint someone or hold a byelection?

Do the opposite of whatever Rob wants. If he says by-election, appoint someone. Now, the Ford family would just prop up another family member to run, or someone allied with them.

Wouldn't a judge's determination on banning a Ford from running depend on whether the conflict/conflicts (assuming they are ruled to be conflicts) represent a serious breach? Also, while some may see individual allegations as small beer, a judge might decide that a string of conflict findings represents a pattern that deserves a tougher punishment. We'll just have to wait and see. I wonder if there are any other cases to compare with the Ford situation.

As for election v. appointment, we're still early in this council's term, I think council policy would call for an election. I'd certainly support one.

Why not, just removing someone like the Fords from office would be useless, the Nation is Ward 2 would just re-elect them so there would be no penalty for their actions. Besides, re-electing a criminal in a by-election after their dismissal from the same ward would be the biggest Gravy Train besides the Fords' business practices.

Maybe the "Auditor General" could take a look at where the proceeds of the Bobbleheads sold in the City Hall lobby went. Bet not on paperclips. Anyway, looks like Mammo schooled Robbie on how to raise $$$ for his good works.

I'm still waiting to see a charity licence for the sale of the Bubble Head dolls.

Do the opposite of whatever Rob wants. If he says by-election, appoint someone. Now, the Ford family would just prop up another family member to run, or someone allied with them.

I hear Kathy is not &@^%$#! anyone for drugs at the moment.

Wouldn't a judge's determination on banning a Ford from running depend on whether the conflict/conflicts (assuming they are ruled to be conflicts) represent a serious breach?.

If the COI is upheld then the greater picture is scary. The whole of Robbie's time as mayor and councillor and his "deals" could be under scrutiny except for the fanatical FF Nation.

SAL's position now is that she's disappointed in Ford and can no longer trust him, but in no way did she and the Sun enable him by going along with the 'no video' angle or by complaining that he was being hounded by the media, no sirree.

Though one thing about SAL: she's not one to go whole hog Flagg by bringing up Canada Free Press or anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back