1.9K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 781     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The suburbs basically rule the city now. I am one of those people in the burbs and don't like it...
The point isn't to like it, the point is to threaten war if your drive time into downtown is in any way delayed or inconvenienced! And to make downtown elitists pay for your improved access. I live 6 blocs from the stench at City Hall and have watched my friends and neighbours give up their cars and switch to public transit because of road congestion, then switch to bikes because of transit congestion, then switch to walking because it seemed safer and faster. Now pedestrians are getting hit by cars, transit vehicles and bikes at an alarming rate and the narrow sidewalks are totally congested. I blame the developers and the unaccountable OMB. Real estate is TO's tar sands and we are already having to clean up the "collateral damage".

Look at Goldsbie's timeline on Twitter. He posted something about Ford's statement and weenie Graeme made his usual snarky comment. Then Kouvalis chimed in and said that the weenie was begging for a job with Tory. If true, wow!

So now he was fired.

yes that was an entertaining exchange. could be fun if the fur starts to fly and some secrets come out.
thpopcornsmile.gif

The point isn't to like it, the point is to threaten war if your drive time into downtown is in any way delayed or inconvenienced! And to make downtown elitists pay for your improved access. I live 6 blocs from the stench at City Hall and have watched my friends and neighbours give up their cars and switch to public transit because of road congestion, then switch to bikes because of transit congestion, then switch to walking because it seemed safer and faster. Now pedestrians are getting hit by cars, transit vehicles and bikes at an alarming rate and the narrow sidewalks are totally congested. I blame the developers and the unaccountable OMB. Real estate is TO's tar sands and we are already having to clean up the "collateral damage".
I re-read your rant in Grandpa Simpson voice and it was awesome. :p
(no disrespect intended to the actual substance of the message)

I wouldn't doubt this. They apparently had a team working full time on Brazen 2 as recently as this winter. Were they pursuing something important or just desperate to catch Ford with something?

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat
Rob Ford says "credible people" told him police spent $5 million investigating him. Story via @joe_warmington http://ow.ly/M3GCY #TOpoli

The point isn't to like it, the point is to threaten war if your drive time into downtown is in any way delayed or inconvenienced! And to make downtown elitists pay for your improved access. I live 6 blocs from the stench at City Hall and have watched my friends and neighbours give up their cars and switch to public transit because of road congestion, then switch to bikes because of transit congestion, then switch to walking because it seemed safer and faster. Now pedestrians are getting hit by cars, transit vehicles and bikes at an alarming rate and the narrow sidewalks are totally congested.

Pretty soon people will start having themselves carried by drone to and from work.

I wouldn't doubt this. They apparently had a team working full time on Brazen 2 as recently as this winter. Were they pursuing something important or just desperate to catch Ford with something?

I am curious if said credible people with said knowledge is breaking the law to communicate this information, directly or indirectly, to an individual under investigation.

Tentacles...

AoD

I am curious if said credible people with said knowledge is breaking the law to communicate this information, directly or indirectly, to an individual under investigation.

Tentacles...

AoD

Like Taverner? I heard a while back that Blair had concerns about him feeding info back to the Fords and confronted him about it. Taverner insisted he wasn't telling them anything.

You mean LSD-25 kinda blotter paper? He'll be tripping balls by the time he reaches the 427.

Yeah, why not? He's already been drunk at the wheel and I bet he's driven while baked as well, so maybe he's going for the full set of ten:

[video=youtube;oriFWxeW6ic]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oriFWxeW6ic[/video]

Not surprisingly, Warmington's entire premise is wrong. If they're both heavyweight fighters hanging up their gloves, how come Rob is still saying he's gonna run for mayor again and sending out press releases re: the budget as if he still had the job?

A more accurate narrative is one guy knows when to quit and the other is still boxing, even as the first guy leaves the ring.

And, yeah, either the number is BS or someone broke rules by telling it to him. But it's telling that his main concern isn't that they were actually following him while, by his own admission, he was repeatedly breaking the law. It's how much taxpayers had to shell out for it. Even if the public is owed an accounting, don't we already have the explanation, Rob?

whatamaroon.jpg

Attachments

• whatamaroon.jpg
    whatamaroon.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 549
Last edited:

Tentacles...

AoD
I'm old and cynical and have lived in this city all my life. I've recently re-read Crazy Town, with special attention to the Project Traveler chapter and WHAT IF instead of Brazen 2 was not an investigation into possible criminal activity on the part of MayorRunAmok? What exactly does 'known to police" mean? Does it mean like Randy and Kathy Ford? Does it mean like all your friends, like the Bassos and Lisi, have extensive criminal records? Like repeated

And, yeah, either the number is BS or someone broke rules by telling it to him. But it's telling that his main concern isn't that they were actually following him while, by his own admission, he was repeatedly breaking the law. It's how much taxpayers had to shell out for it. Even if the public is owed an accounting, don't we already have the explanation, Rob?

I'm old and cynical and have lived in this city all my life. I've recently re-read Crazy Town, with special attention to the Project Traveler chapter and WHAT IF instead of Brazen 2 was not an investigation into possible criminal activity on the part of MayorRunAmok? What exactly does 'known to police" mean? Does it mean like Randy and Kathy Ford? Does it mean like all your friends, like the Bassos and Lisi, have extensive criminal records? Like repeated

Indeed. somehow he take a known, self-admitted fact (using crack - and where did he buy it? who did he buy it from? why is there so much violence - death included - around all those he is involved with?) and somehow try to portray himself as a victim of an expensive police investigation. Honestly.

AoD

Sorry, tech difficulties (sticky keys and arthritis). I meant to go on and propose this was not an "investigation" of RoFo, but TPS decided or were directed to PROTECT the Mayor from his OCD tendencies. Remember the Fords have their own tentacles, all the way up thru the fed & provincial Conservative party, and that's a lot of tentacles that would be singed if the Mayor flamed out.

Indeed. somehow he take a known, self-admitted fact (using crack - and where did he buy it? who did he buy it from? why is there so much violence - death included - around all those he is involved with?) and somehow try to portray himself as a victim of an expensive police investigation. Honestly.

This is why, like, some people seem to think the police (possibly up to and including Blair) never really wanted to nail him for anything and are perfectly happy that his mayoral loss and the cancer have given them the cover to back out quietly. I don't buy it. This was all too public and there is too much documented crime for them to be anything less than embarrassed by all the time (and, yes, money) they spent investigating it without so much as a DUI to show for it. Maybe they still think they can get Lisi to roll or they're saving a nice present for when Rob is fully-recovered from surgery but I find it hard to believe that (aside from the dirty people protecting the Fords) anyone at TPS, including the retiring chief, is happy the big fish got away.

This is why, like, some people seem to think the police (possibly up to and including Blair) never really wanted to nail him for anything and are perfectly happy that his mayoral loss and the cancer have given them the cover to back out quietly. I don't buy it. This was all too public and there is too much documented crime for them to be anything less than embarrassed by all the time (and, yes, money) they spent investigating it without so much as a DUI to show for it. Maybe they still think they can get Lisi to roll or they're saving a nice present for when Rob is fully-recovered from surgery but I find it hard to believe that (aside from the dirty people protecting the Fords) anyone at TPS, including the retiring chief, is happy the big fish got away.

A nice NATURAL death would seem to be the best possible outcome (efficiencies!) for all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back