News   Jul 16, 2024
 606     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 747     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 1.34.51 PM.png

In case (1) you were thinking of attending or (2) you were thinking that it costs $525 before a rebate of $225 from the City.

Oddly, the postal code is missing. I hope that folks can find Mom's place without it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 1.34.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 1.34.51 PM.png
    183.9 KB · Views: 790
In case (1) you were thinking of attending or (2) you were thinking that it costs $525 before a rebate of $225 from the City.

Oddly, the postal code is missing. I hope that folks can find Mom's place without it.

Who designed that massacre of fonts? An evening of fun Ford-style? No thanks, it's a little too depraved given what we know. Frankly he would really should have a McDonalds party instead - I've heard getting spanked by a McPatty really hurts.

Of course, the icing on the cake is stating right off the city's $225 rebate - it's simply respecting the taxpayer, I suppose.

AoD

Last edited:
Rob Ford: HHOF Appointment, Health Problems and other observations...

Everyone:

I found numerous reports about Rob Ford's appointment to the Hockey Hall of Fame Board and many negative
comments - Isn't this basically a honorary membership without any kind of decision making "clout"?

I noticed that this HHOF appointment has made more news outside Toronto then RF's significant health problems has
and from reviewing some recent posts there is a move to appoint Doug Ford to become either the new and/or interim
councillor for Ward 2 if RF cannot continue - could a special W2 election be called to fill this vacant seat and/or does
Toronto charter bylaws allow for DF's appointment to be legal and binding?

Judging by what has happened thus far in 2015 it seems to me that RF has continued to be a "thorn in the side" of
John Tory and Toronto's elected government and that unless both RF and DF are out of elected government service
Ford Nation will continue its "stranglehold" on Toronto to some extent making me think of the Ted Nugent classic 70s
rock song of the same name http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtXqU2NMnYc (Time-8:24)

I feel that RF's health problems should be top priority for the Ford Family to deal with and from what I have seen they
do not have these matters straight - Doesn't the members of Ford Nation understand how serious a problem that RF
has and that politics should be taking a distant back seat here?

Thoughts from LI MIKE

Last edited:
View attachment 43705

Well, darn, I'm already booked that day. (And that is one fugly invitation)

Who designed that massacre of fonts? An evening of fun Ford-style? No thanks, it's a little too depraved given what we know. Frankly he would really should have a McDonalds party instead - I've heard getting spanked by a McPatty really hurts.

Of course, the icing on the cake is stating right off the city's $225 rebate - it's simply respecting the taxpayer, I suppose.

AoD

See I don't get how the city has to pay him back. Why are they not getting rid of these rebates?! Ooooh so mad

See I don't get how the city has to pay him back. Why are they not getting rid of these rebates?! Ooooh so mad

Why does the rebate program make you mad? Those rebates allow people who can't afford to make a significant contribution to a campaign to participate in politics in a meaningful way. $300 towards a preferred candidate's efforts is hella better than $75, when that is all you can afford. It's a good thing for democracy, even if you don't like that the Fords benefit from it too. And people can choose to pursue the rebate or not, depending on their financial circumstances.

I do believe the rebate program should be restricted to Toronto residents, but that's a different story.

Being fed for feeding himself? Patient-controlled analgesia is pretty common post-op.

AoD

Yeah, that is what I meant, being on pain meds. The surgery is pretty extensive and I don't imagine that the recovery will be fun. I think my wife had a machine similar to that when our kids were born.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/04/07/tory-defends-fords-hhof-appointment

Tory on the HHOF appointment:

TORONTO - Mayor John Tory played defence for Councillor Rob Ford on Tuesday.

Tory defended council's move back in December to put the ex-mayor on the Hockey Hall of Fame board. The decision came under fire over the weekend and even led to the hockey shrine issuing a statement stressing that the three councillors on the 18-member board of directors are "elected exclusively by the City of Toronto."

Despite the outcry, Tory stood by the council decision when asked about it on Tuesday.

"I think Mr. Ford brings to it some history that has caused a lot of discussion that has been going on in the social media world," Tory said. "I think (Ford) has a passionate enough interest in hockey and in the Hockey Hall of Fame and I think he has put, it would seem, some of his personal problems behind him and I would like to believe and otherwise I wouldn't have given my own nod … to his appointment if I didn't think that he could be a contributing member of that board."

The mayor said he hopes Ford will contribute to the board and trusts "that he would not behave as he has behaved in the past.

"I think he takes that responsibility seriously," he said. "He put his name down as wanting to be on that board and we tried to the maximum extent possible with all the members of council to put them on boards that they expressed an interest in being on.

"He is no different than any other member of council - he got elected, he wanted to be on that board and we put him on that board."

Last edited:
View attachment 43705

It's a really nice invitation. I'm just disappointed there aren't more fonts. The use of script for "Evening of fun" (why is "Evening" capped?), for example, lets you know this will be really classy.
Why does "FORD" get its own font, you ask?
Why not?!
And I for one really appreciate that they did the $300-$225 math for me, because it tells you a lot about what they think/know about the people who vote for them, right down to redundant inclusion of .00 cents.

If I understand it well enough, he will be in pain and reliant on meds to keep it at bay. That is the best case scenario.

You can count on that. My wife had colon surgery a few years ago. The procedure was done with keyhole techniques (not the big flap they're opening up in Rob), and she was out it for several days. It took close to a month for her start feeling somewhat normal, but her docs were strict about keeping her on very light duty for three or four months. It takes a while to heal, and Rob is going to be dealing with some serious cutting.

It's a really nice invitation. I'm just disappointed there aren't more fonts. The use of script for "Evening of fun" (why is "Evening" capped?), for example, lets you know this will be really classy.
Why does "FORD" get its own font, you ask?
Why not?!

Evening gets caps for the same reason 'an Evening of fun' gets its own script typeface: it looks old-timey and classy. That and the flock wallpaper background suggests someone was inspired by Downton Abbey. Most importantly, REBATE FROM THE CITY gets all the caps.

giphy.gif

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    674.9 KB · Views: 818
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back