907     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 569     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don PeatVerified account
‏@reporterdonpeat
Doug Ford pledged during the debate to resign if taxes go above inflation but in scrum it became much less clear

Is this a rhetorical question?
You could never, ever, make a Ford resign.
Not even if you caught him smoking crack.

Community Development and Recreation Committee (Cluster A) the people side of things programme votes over 2010-14
Remember R Ford is always a negative vote
Community Recreation Investment Programme
CD5.14 43-1...CD14.13 34-1...CD21.8 39-2...CD27.7 29-1

Community Safety Investment Programme
CD5.15 43-1...CD14.2 34-1...CD21.9 39-2...CD29.13 30-0 (R Ford absent)

Community Service Partner Programme
CD5.16 42-2...CD14.16 35-1...CD21.10 39-2...

Services Development Programme
CD5.17 43-1...CD14.11 34-1...CD21.11 39-2...CD29.14 30-0 (R Ford absent)

Community Festivals and Special Events
CD5.13 43-1...CD14.15 35-1...CD21.7 39-2...CD27.6...29-1

Community Access Equity and Human Rights
CD5.12 43-1...CD14.14 34-1...CD21.6 38-3...CD29.12 27-3

D Ford spouted his 98% agenda completed again...see above D Ford may have voted with the concensus regarding the above programmes however R Ford didn't....D Ford can't have it both ways calling the agenda "ours" and then voting with rest of Council against R ford's wishes....

I've always found this claim to be so bizarre. How can you say you need a slate of candidates to get your mandate passed, but also get 98% of your mandate passed anyway?

And if 98% of their mandate was achieved, wouldn't your goal for being elected be considered complete? Why run again when you've made the change you want?

It's a totally hypocritical narrative within the Ford campaign that nobody seems to question.

Agreed. It changes depending on what suits them. And how did they get that mandate passed if they were routinely outvoted?

'We did everything we set out to do, so vote us back in because we're awesome' vs 'We need you to vote us back in so we can finish the job we started even though council tried to hold us back'.

'We rescued the city from the edge of disaster, help us keep making things better' vs 'Without us the city will go down the drain and the only way to prevent it is to vote us in'

Same deal with Ford supporters who have never seen a RoFo scorecard:

'He lowered my taxes' - Actually, he didn't. He just told you he did and you chose to believe him.

'Well, he kept my taxes low' - So they were low under Miller and Ford didn't change anything?

Towhey's book was supposed to come out this month but now it's been delayed until spring. That's quite a long delay. I wonder if he's been subpoenaed in the Lisi matter and that's the reason?

Is this a rhetorical question?
You could never, ever, make a Ford resign.
Not even if you caught him smoking crack.

D Ford clarified his position paraphasing here "I will always vote against any tax increase above inflation, I don't control what the rest of Council will do." "I will resign if I vote personally for a tax increase above inflation"

stickerford.jpg

This is across from the ignored camping office, which actually had some activity today.

Attachments

• stickerford.jpg
    stickerford.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 761
Towhey's book was supposed to come out this month but now it's been delayed until spring. That's quite a long delay. I wonder if he's been subpoenaed in the Lisi matter and that's the reason?

More likely that the ghost writer and/or editor are pulling their hair out because it isn't fit for publication :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back