1.7K     3 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
wO7KlAPhIcwWQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
ddale8
Believe it or not, here is the ("NOT FINAL") cover used on the "sell sheet" for Mark Towhey's book: http://t.co/VlaF9taUFJ
14-10-10 2:24 PM

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/520641142380318720

Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 2.27.55 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 2.27.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 2.27.55 PM.png
    408.5 KB · Views: 789
I think he is more likely trying to pull Tory supporters to Chow. Equally inane since no one who is in either camp would listen to Doug Ford.

Yes, that's my take too. Attacking the frontrunner usually results in strange bedfellows in any given election campaign, but I have to say this tacit Chow-Ford alliance is particularly...odd. Attacks on Tory without calling each other out actually makes them look bad to their own potential voters. Hard to believe they can't see that.

My contact wouldn't say who the target was. I think this had to do with the Globes expose on his brothers...some guy he heard dished on them.

Just think about this for a minute... there are SO MANY shady characters involved in Rob Ford's orbit that we have multiple candidates for the person he's ranting about...

So D Ford will blind trust his Canadian Holdings on election however not a word about the US holdings...and yet here he is hounding J Tory regarding a Directorship of an American corporation....I guess what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander

So D Ford will blind trust his Canadian Holdings on election however not a word about the US holdings...and yet here he is hounding J Tory regarding a Directorship of an American corporation....I guess what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander

Maybe his sister can serve as Trustee....

Here's a thought that just occurred to me (and apologies if you're like "no guff"): maybe part of the Chow camp strategy for clawing back up from distant third place is to avoid making Doug Ford look like the worthless joke candidate he is because he could conceivably peel right-leaning votes away from Tory and whittle down that substantial lead enough for Chow to slip by if she boosts her numbers as well. Seems unlikely but I'm sure they are at the "try anything" stage.

ETA: I'm really just grappling with, and trying to account for, her absolute refusal to slam Doug when he and everyone else in TO are practically begging for it.

Last edited:
Here's a thought that just occurred to me (and apologies if you're like "no guff"): maybe part of the Chow camp strategy for clawing back up from distant third place is to avoid making Doug Ford look like the worthless joke candidate he is because he could conceivably peel right-leaning votes away from Tory and whittle down that substantial lead enough for Chow to slip by if she boosts her numbers as well. Seems unlikely but I'm sure they are at the "try anything" stage.

ETA: I'm really just grappling with, and trying to account for, her absolute refusal to slam Doug when he and everyone else in TO are practically begging for it.

This clearly is the strategy. It's obvious. And also to gang up on Tory with Ford. Ford has a certain ceiling, too many people hate him and his brother, and Olivia can sneak in for the win if Tory collapses. His votes are more likely to go to Chow.

Yah I don't believe this for one second. Ford supports besides Ford Nation are disgruntled probably politically disenfranchised groups in the suburbs. Many of them recent immigrants.

Chow is the person who should be able to connect most with this group if she got her message across. But she won't and will continue to go after Tory stupidly. Her campaign really reeks of Barbara Hall.

That is a very good point. Has Chow done any recent one on one town hall esq meets in Chinese neighbourhoods? Doing so, and holding them in Chinese, would likely do wonders to boost her among that portion of the population.

/rant

We all know the Fords are Republicans, well at least the ones that have joined the political arena, but I am really getting tired of Dougie spouting examples that concern the U.S. From a "strong mayoral system" to places he has visited, and made "deals", and his hard-on is really starting to piss me off. I don't live in the U.S., I don't want to live in the U.S... this is Canada, a different place than the U.S. If Dougie wants to live in the U.S. then he should move there. I know rules are more lax for business there and they have the illusion of the "free market", and politicians are virtual dictators, and this is quite preferable to a Republican but we don't have a Republican party in Canada nor do we have a party system in the municipality of Toronto.

/end rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back