84     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 383     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 672     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone hear Ari's closing comments, or have they not yet happened.

I saw the closing comments. His words were by far the best, by a long shot. Too bad he wasn't around to roast Doug during the debate. Even more too bad is that he has no chance to win the election.

Bloor West folks already have subways!

Doug wants to build them MORE subways!

Daniel Dale @ddale8
John Tory endorsement parade continues: Etob-Lakeshore Conserv MP Trottier and Lib MPP Milczyn, retiring Etob Centre councillor Lindsay Luby

Mammo's endorsment is better than all of them. /sarcasm

Last edited:
Do we know for sure if only Doug has been served? I would have thought they would both need to be served.

Bloor West folks already have subways!

The Bloor West "folks" remember that the Rob brothers pushed for and got to close the fire station on Runnymede Road, in that neighbourhood. This happening with new condos going up at Jane & Bloor, Annette, and next door to High Park, which means more residents needing fire protection, in just that neighbourhood.

Last edited:
Do we know for sure if only Doug has been served? I would have thought they would both need to be served.

Yes, he was served last night.

Watched the first 30 minutes of the debate while listening to tunes (closed captioning) and a hilarious mistake was made by the captioner, instead of "The moderator is" it said "The tumor is".

I thought the one question was fantastic on how Doug has managed to insult EVERYONE in council and how would he build consensus and his reply tried to slam Tory that politics isn't a "Sunday church picnic", epic fail in my opinion.

Overall I think Chow's transit policy is the one most grounded in reality, Tory and Ford are shooting for the moon.

I'd love to see ratings figures for these debates, my guess is none of them chalk up even 100,000 people.

DougFordTO
‏@DougFordTO
How do I grow my base when everyone who isn't already in Ford Nation is an ignorant disingenuous monkey?

BzEZH0vCQAAyNVB.jpg

https://twitter.com/Darth_Pingu/status/518223055370616832/photo/1

Sigh, if Only Doug Sr pulled out...

Came home from work to find significant other watching Fahrenheit 911. Its been on our shelf for 10 years or so I had somewhat forgotten most of it. What struck me was how familiar it all seemed.the rich red neck daddy, the interchangable brothers, the friends in high and low places, the ease with which they decieve and the raw hunger for power. The Fords are not the Canadian Kennedy's, they are the Canadian Bushes.

Came home from work to find significant other watching Fahrenheit 911. Its been on our shelf for 10 years or so I had somewhat forgotten most of it. What struck me was how familiar it all seemed.the rich red neck daddy, the interchangable brothers, the friends in high and low places, the ease with which they decieve and the raw hunger for power. The Fords are not the Canadian Kennedy's, they are the Canadian Bushes.

The one big difference is G.W. and the other Bush's are evangelical idiots whereas Rub and Tug are basically atheist idiots, I'm an atheist and this really pisses me off. Maybe Iola can convert them....that's a great leap of faith though....for an atheist.

Turkeys, monkeys, communist row, the singing of Kumbaya, and church picnics were included in the spectacle.
https://twitter.com/HNItheUniverse/status/518232504524754944

Nothing to see here, just us little ol' "ignorant" audience, folks. Packed house at tonight's debate.
https://twitter.com/HNItheUniverse/status/518230059635585024

Nice chat with Councillor Sarah @DoucetteWard13. Grateful to have her support.
https://twitter.com/oliviachow/status/518231340446396416

I watched the Ward 13 deabate and will be happy to vote for Councillor Doucette again.

Apparently it was standing room only.

Doug must have been peed off by the "ignorant" audience. He left without speaking to the media. OC and JT and Ari did though.

Last edited:
The one big difference is G.W. and the other Bush's are evangelical idiots whereas Rub and Tug are basically atheist idiots, I'm an atheist and this really pisses me off. Maybe Iola can convert them....that's a great leap of faith though....for an atheist.
Ive heard a bunch of references to a deity lately.

@jpags · 4 hours ago
Both Olivia Chow & John Tory will be at Sunday's UJA-CIJA debate. Appears Doug Ford yet to confirm. Trying to confirm his non-confirmation.

Golkind is supposed to be there, too; sounds like one that Doug might want to bail on.
Though I do wonder if Iola will be there. I believe she lives in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back