23     0 
News   May 31, 2024
 1.2K     9 
News   May 31, 2024
 4K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Sigh* It would have taken most of my 11 years as mayor for all of you to come up with 90,000 posts about my tenure. I guess that's a good thing!

View attachment 34749

And that is the reason Tory will follow Ford same as Eggleton after Sewell....Toronto needs to decompress... maybe not for ten years as with the Egg, then again it would depend if name candidates challenged and Barb Hackett lets Tory run more than two terms

And that is the reason Tory will follow Ford same as Eggleton after Sewell....Toronto needs to decompress... maybe not for ten years as with the Egg, then again it would depend if name candidates challenged and Barb Hackett lets Tory run more than two terms

Sadly Art E is also the one who sat on his rear and coasted during the 80s - hopefully Tory won't turn out to be like that, but the risk is real.

AoD

Aha! He will be the perfect control comparison candidate in this little social experiment. ;) How well does the Ford Brand perform in this test market? ;)

Political "brands" by their nature function independently. They can therefore work inside or outside traditional parties.

The fascinating question here is "what does the Ford Brand signify? That's why poring over who went to Ford Fest was so interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hastings_(Ontario)

This is who Mutey is taking on. He has a lot of previous experience.

Remember when there was reports that a film crew was following around Robbie at City Hall and them filming him eating a hot dog? It's for a new show called Pressure Cooker hosted by British Food Critic Gilles Coren. They're doing a segment on Toronto's best street dogs. I believe it airs on W Network. I wonder if they're going to continue to use that segment?

Well played!

Last I saw, Mikey was not leading in his race and the incumbent has a ton more experience than him.

Despite my political differences with him, John Hastings is a legitimate and generally respectable political figure. Eight years under Harris and Eves gives him a fair amount of political credibility.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hastings_(Ontario)

This is who Mutey is taking on. He has a lot of previous experience.

Mikey might get in. <sigh >
"Why Michael Ford might actually have a shot at becoming a TDSB trustee"
http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...ually-have-a-shot-at-becoming-a-tdsb-trustee/

"We know very little about Michael Ford, especially since he has yet to give a single interview. He is the son of Kathy Ford and Ennio Stirpe, who is serving 18 years in prison for blinding an ex-girlfriend in a knife attack, after already serving two-thirds of a 13-year manslaughter sentence. Michael Ford works for the Ford family business, Deco Labels and Tags, and also goes to Humber College. He’s a camp counselor, likes planes and aviation, and changed his last name to “Ford” in February. That’s about it, but for many, that might be enough."

Last edited:
Despite my political differences with him, John Hastings is a legitimate and generally respectable political figure. Eight years under Harris and Eves gives him a fair amount of political credibility.

Yebbut how does he feel about gravy?

Prayer in schools? As in "do Toronto schools have a prayer?

Anyone care to speculate on the possibility of Doug dropping out of the election to head back to the states, rather the face the very real possibility of a humiliating defeat on home turf?

"If you can't accept me as your mayor, then you don't deserve me at all."

boy I thought that he didn't want to even be in Toronto at all, but after this video, I'm not so sure:

Doug ford getting blessing from Ayappan Temple..
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=497912473645166&permPage=1

he looks so uncomfortable -- if he was willing to do that just for votes, he must be serious :p

Charter Communications

According to Graeme-the-red-hunter, Ford and Silverstain think that this tale is a 'killer gotcha'. (I have not been able to find anything about who the author of the storify version is.)

https://storify.com/Chapter11/the-missing-years-in-john-tory-s-business-resume

Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 3.57.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 3.58.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 4.02.48 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 3.57.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 3.57.57 PM.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 556
  • Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 3.58.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 3.58.55 PM.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 582
  • Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 4.02.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 4.02.48 PM.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 570
Last edited:

I brought that point up elsewhere to mixed opinion, many just want it to be all magically better instantly, I don't think that's possible even if there were a mythical superstar candidate running. I think this 'decompression' mayor idea is worth exploring further.
As for duration, if Tory does all that he will have to to fix some of the really basic stuff neglected or gutted by Ford, there will be some really unpopular tax increases, service cuts, no progress overall on transit. Ugly stuff, but necessary before moving forward. One term. One busy, corrective, term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back