893     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 405     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 489     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that. I only became aware of the story at UT. After digging around to peice it all together I got a distinct feeling of a cover up. The cageiness of the police had me thinking she was escaping an abusive relationship or was a witness to something that put her in danger. I also wondered if she left the car as a dope payment or just owed money on it and was less embarrassed to have it repo'd from a street instead of her home. I still think there is a story there but it doesn't appear to have anything to do with les fords.

From what I hear, Sandro was using Boot's garage to stash part of his drug supply. But, ya, hard to link that to Ford--with what we know so far anyhow.

Re Mikey/Mutey, does anyone else think of grown-up Maggie Simpson (i.e. interrupted whenever she tries to speak)?

Maybe we've gotten lazy and would rather jump on wild theories than go try to dig up some new info, or maybe just too frustrated by the fact that it seems nothing will come out of PB2.. :(

I feel that the fun has gone out of razzing fordites. Two police forces couldn't or wouldn't find anything that could stick to the frods and democracy as we know it is painfully inadequate in the face of criminals like the fords who shamelessly game the honor system that it is all based on.

For example animatronic suggested a rally for today to celebrate four more weeks until the return of sanity at City Hall. I jumped on it and was planning on a circus like affair with music and visual representation of all the shenanigans since rob took office. The cancer diagnosis would have made the whole thing macabre. Imagine if he died before election day and we were celebrating? As for digging around I still see a few of the players in the rehab portion of the saga but who really cares anymore? Would we be surprised or enlightened to know Lisi hung out in Muskoka while rofo was in treatment or that bumpkin decided to go to treatment there after she found out rofo was there? Or that she was granted free treatment by sketchy owner? Now that he's dying it all seems petty. Even the ward 2 thing is pissing me off less than it did. I realized that Domise could lose and he would get better press than of he won in any other ward.This will be a positive for him in the long run. As for the police, the firing of Chief Blair would definitely have a chilling effect on any further investigations into rofo et al. So yeah...ford more weeks. Ho hum

Never say over till it is over - and I would not be a tad surprised if the Frauds have other nasty tricks up their sleeves, since it has been demonstrated that there is no low they won't go.

AoD

If Dawes was in witness protection, wouldn't she be using a completely different name on Facebook? Unless that's a symptom of amateur hour at the TPS. "ok Susan Winters, your new name will be 'Susan Winter', have a nice life."

If Dawes was in witness protection, wouldn't she be using a completely different name on Facebook? Unless that's a symptom of amateur hour at the TPS. "ok Susan Winters, your new name will be 'Susan Winter', have a nice life."

Or "Jaclyn, you're now Jason. Here's your fake mustache."

Never say over till it is over - and I would not be a tad surprised if the Frauds have other nasty tricks up their sleeves, since it has been demonstrated that there is no low they won't go.

AoD

Indeed, Towhey wondered out loud of this new polling firm showing Doug surging today was paid by the Fords to give the impression that Dougie has momentum.

I doubt they'd issue a press release and comment on her in the press if she was in witness protection. They'd likely just make her disappear without a peep.

Yep. Rob has shown what he could do in a 3 AM situation during the ice storm. And here is where the "what a merryl does on their own personal time is personal and off limits" is pure crap to me. IMO while merryls deserve some privacy and boundaries. When it starts to affect their ability to do a job, or Thor forbid in an emergency, I don't want a drunken crack head with the mental faculty or discipline of a spoiled child to be the face of leadership. Jesus, do we let commercial pilots or ship captains take a tequila shot and do a line before they operate those machines? Being a merryl is not just about wearing the bling of office and cutting ribbons at Chuck E Cheese.

Before this campaign I was more concerned with Tory's potential 3 AM response, and I had less concerns with Chow's. But now, that is doing a 180 for me. Doug is so ill suited to handle a 3 AM city wide crisis, even cartoon memes would go, "wow...that's above my pay grade dude".

Not only are either Fords not up to the job of managing an emergency (even Doug's 'I'm concerned' message about the City Hall fire had a ring of 'Oh, a fire? That's too bad' to it), the BS personal time excuse is something they always apply retroactively, along with assigning things to the conveniently off-limits 'past'.

'Don't judge me on THAT. That's in the past. Moving on. Look at me, doing THIS! But not this other thing, because I've decided that's personal time because you don't approve'.

I think it was Hilary Swank. She and husband Chad Lowe are now divorced.

Sort of like the celebrated author/activist for social justice (and environmental causes) who together with her film-maker husband threw a birthday party for their nanny ... and then left her to clean up the whole mess.

Joe W.
"Burgers at Fordfest incredible. Like a steakburger. No wonder they line up. I admit I didn't.I grabbed one sent over for the band. Delicious"
https://twitter.com/joe_warmington/status/516228596760076288

Good god, it's like he's actually proud of the fact that he's a slavering, unquestioning halfwit. The burgers were incredible. Well, I guess that makes up for everything! Quality meats, folks! Anything else?

I doubt they'd issue a press release and comment on her in the press if she was in witness protection. They'd likely just make her disappear without a peep.

The top 3 hits when Googling Jaclyn Dawe relate to her status as 'missing'. Would she not be aware of this and do something to clear this up? I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back