News   Jun 21, 2024
 4.9K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
lauraarmstrong@lauraarmy
"John Tory, the same old story," Ford says. Calls Tory a good, slick talker. Audience cheers at the comment.

lauraarmstrong@lauraarmy
Chow and Ford both sit back and laugh at Tory's assertion "Smart Track will be the best thing to happen to the Kodak lands."

Tory hit Doug back well when he lied about the social housing Q (saying "I didn't see you there," when Tory asserted he'd spent plenty of time in social housing) but missed the opportunity to bring out the $20 bills. Doug starts every answer with "folks," and repeats Rob's talking points and lies and obfuscates...like Rob in that very first debate, he may appear to win this one but he will crash and burn quickly with these tactics.

EDIT: I just watched Doug assert "We've passed every single budget," as if the city operates without a budget, neglecting that at least 2/4 budgets were voted AGAINST by Rob and Doug. Or was it 3?

Olivia going on about these houses and the Smart Track turn is somewhere between pathetic and merely off-putting. Dear lord. What a terrible level of debate all around.

Doug's script sounds like it was written by Simpsons writers.

Patterson: Sorry I'm late, everyone. [accusingly to Homer]: Somebody tampered with my brakes.
Homer: Well then you should've been there early.
Chief Wiggum: Hey, he got you there, Ray.
Patterson: Oh, come on, people. This man has promised round-the-clock trash pickup, that's impossible.
Homer: Not if we hire more men, and my men'll do all your messy jobs. They'll wash your car, scrub your shower, air out your stinkables.
Patterson: I can't believe what I'm hearing.
Homer: Well you better turn up your hearing aid, Pops.
Patterson: Pops? I'm only two years older than you.
Homer: Do we want Old Man Patterson here with his finger on the button?
Patterson: What button? What the hell are you talking about?
Homer: [mocking] "What? What? What? What button? Where am I? Who took my false teeth?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back