4.4K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Cut the Waist. Think ice bucket. All the Fordz need to do is start a cancer fundraiser, maybe in a Rotary stylee, and then sit back and let the media work..[/QUOTE]

Funny thing about this thread, I think you meant rub a dub stylee. Because thats what auto correct did to me when I spelled it. Where else would one haer that?

Ford's cancer is so rare media have to write about people with similar types of liposarcoma for survivor stories and patients have a lot of trouble finding support groups. Here's one woman diagnosed with Pleomorphic Liposarcomawho in 2004 who posted shortly after looking for a support group. Three years later she passed away.

Can we please stop posting photos of anus mouth? Enough already, we get the joke.

Instead, never forget the day, November 18 2013, when Doug and Rob told the "hard-working, ordinary, toothless, faithful, banjo-picking tax-paying folks" of the great city of Toronto what they really think about them.

http://globalnews.ca/news/973136/toronto-mayor-rob-fords-powers-on-the-chopping-block-at-city-hall/

I was there that day. Already thoroughly disgusted and appalled by the Ford shenanigans, I took a day's vacation to go down to city hall to watch Rob get stripped of his delegated meryl powers.

There while Rob shit-grinned his way round chambers in the middle of a formal council meeting, with big muscly Jerry taking photos of members of the public at Doofus's direction. There while Rob proudly showed the smartphone images to a completely impassive George Rust D'Eye, the municipal legal expert who got the hell out of Dodge the next day. There while hotmail lawyer lurked in the passageway into council chambers, giggling his silly tits off. There while Rob taunted some guy about 'his little arts grants'. There when Rob ran over my councillor Pam McConnell. There as Doug called ME a paid protestor and yelled at me - someone who's put in an entire working and tax-paying career in academic, not-for-profit, and private sectors - little old me - that I am 'not a real taxpayer'.

That was the day something snapped and I vowed to get off Twitter and volunteer to get these undereducated criminal imbecilic Grade 8 schoolyard thugs out of this city. It took me a while to find Andray Domise's campaign, after a brief dalliance with the Shirtless Ones, but I'm dedicating every hour I can spare until October 27 to do what I can to kick Saint Robertus OUT of Ward 2, I don't care if he has 57 kinds of cancer and a boil on his penis.

This rant inspired because someone upthread casually implied Doug would win the mayoral race. I can't imagine that and I can't stomach it. Imagine the damage if failed rookie councillor, failed Build Toronto executive, ferris wheel boosting psychopathic liar Doug got into the mayor's chair. No. Please. Stop it.

The Fords hate us. Andray has dissected their hatred of people of colour with surgical precision. Man the ramparts, UT friends. Do whatever you can, but do something to stop them.

..... never forget the day, November 18 2013, when Doug and Rob told the "hard-working, ordinary, toothless, faithful, banjo-picking tax-paying folks" of the great city of Toronto what they really think about them .... It took me a while to find Andray Domise's campaign, after a brief dalliance with the Shirtless Ones, but I'm dedicating every hour I can spare until October 27 to do what I can to kick Saint Robertus OUT of Ward 2 ..... Man the ramparts, UT friends. Do whatever you can, but do something to stop them.
Love it. Since I can't vote and can't send money, and don't know anyone in Toronto except you guys, I've been searching for a magic bullet for how to keep the Fords on the sidelines so that you can all return to some level of sanity. Our equivalent of of fear-mongering assholes like the Ford brothers are the tea party idiots who prey on our fears and ooze negativity, cloaked in a false frame of dedication to the common man (a group to which they don't belong and actually despise). I googled "how to beat a tea party candidate" and there are lots of interesting approaches. Maybe some folks on Andray's team could find some case studies, or maybe even reach out directly to American politicians who managed. Just thinking out loud, and wishing you all success.

Can we please stop posting photos of anus mouth? Enough already, we get the joke.

Instead, never forget the day, November 18 2013, when Doug and Rob told the "hard-working, ordinary, toothless, faithful, banjo-picking tax-paying folks" of the great city of Toronto what they really think about them.

http://globalnews.ca/news/973136/toronto-mayor-rob-fords-powers-on-the-chopping-block-at-city-hall/

I was there that day. Already thoroughly disgusted and appalled by the Ford shenanigans, I took a day's vacation to go down to city hall to watch Rob get stripped of his delegated meryl powers.

There while Rob shit-grinned his way round chambers in the middle of a formal council meeting, with big muscly Jerry taking photos of members of the public at Doofus's direction. There while Rob proudly showed the smartphone images to a completely impassive George Rust D'Eye, the municipal legal expert who got the hell out of Dodge the next day. There while hotmail lawyer lurked in the passageway into council chambers, giggling his silly tits off. There while Rob taunted some guy about 'his little arts grants'. There when Rob ran over my councillor Pam McConnell. There as Doug called ME a paid protestor and yelled at me - someone who's put in an entire working and tax-paying career in academic, not-for-profit, and private sectors - little old me - that I am 'not a real taxpayer'.

That was the day something snapped and I vowed to get off Twitter and volunteer to get these undereducated criminal imbecilic Grade 8 schoolyard thugs out of this city. It took me a while to find Andray Domise's campaign, after a brief dalliance with the Shirtless Ones, but I'm dedicating every hour I can spare until October 27 to do what I can to kick Saint Robertus OUT of Ward 2, I don't care if he has 57 kinds of cancer and a boil on his penis.

This rant inspired because someone upthread casually implied Doug would win the mayoral race. I can't imagine that and I can't stomach it. Imagine the damage if failed rookie councillor, failed Build Toronto executive, ferris wheel boosting psychopathic liar Doug got into the mayor's chair. No. Please. Stop it.

The Fords hate us. Andray has dissected their hatred of people of colour with surgical precision. Man the ramparts, UT friends. Do whatever you can, but do something to stop them.

This. Excellent rant. Nice segue from the annoying but inconsequential anus mouth to stuff that really matters.

I hope your Ward 2 efforts are rewarded, and if they're not in 2014, I hope they pay off down the road.

I also hope the inspiration you've provided lasts long enough that I help get the right MP or MLA get elected where I live. (The current mayor and city councillor around here are pretty good. Current MLA is good but is quitting to run for MP.)

(I can't resist a little gratuitous and gross snark, though. Finally we all know what Doug meant by a top-to-bottom enema.)

I was explaining this whole Ward 2/mayor situation to someone who lives in Sacramento. She was amazed that they could get away with it. I guess we are just too nice...

. . .

Next time you're in town for the politics, ring me. I'm a great wingman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back