5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 710     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Sometimes I think about dying. And then I wonder about going to hell. And then I think that if and when I go there, the place will be completely organized and run by lost souls, with a council and a works committee and an ethics panel, and I'll feel right at home.”
― Charles Sheffield

Well we have Warmingtons article describing Ford returning constit calls from his hospital bed this morning. I question everything the Ford's say but his health issues actually sound pretty grim. Pray for Rob, folks. No idea why we needed to hear Charles McVety weigh in on the situation.

I'm sorry. I just cannot get over how horrible Warmington is.

I think his "I'm not biased" argument comes down to:
1) Everyone calls the mayor; he just calls me back, sometimes &
2) It's only fair he gets his side out

The fact that a "journalist" sees absolutely zero problem with the very-controversial mayor of a huge city using a single outlet to get his message out, unopposed, in single-source articles that often directly contradict fact-based reports from multiple legit outlets is just beyond stunning. If Ford's in such dire straits and wants to make any effort to transcend how horrible he's been and "take advantage" of this illness to rewrite his history he could have surprised the world and given Daniel Dale an exclusive. Just to show he's the bigger man and he's learned something from all this already, and he's rising above all the petty arguments that now seem so silly. Instead it's clear that even if he gets better it will be more of the same, just like when the New Rob came out of rehab.

He also just continues to be a horrific writer, to the point I want him to go back to high school English classes. Can anyone on this planet explain why the word "vomiting" is in quotes in this paragraph?

He had a very bad night Sunday and was feeling nauseous Monday. Mayor Ford said he was “vomiting” a lot and was in considerable pain. He also had some invasive testing Monday. The mayor described it as doctors “going into my lungs” to take a biopsy.

Embarrassing for the city, the way Warmington writes like some kid plucked off the street to publish a dictator's missives in some third world backwater.

He lays out the article and its themes like high school student learning essay writing:
1) The mayor is sick, very sick, for real
2) Nonetheless, he is so awesome he is still working hard for taxpayers in bed, giving Doug advice and hoping to get back to Ward 2
3) Still, don't make anything in #2 make you think #1 is not true [rinse and repeat]

Look in the mirror, Warmington: Breaking one or two exclusive interviews might make you a crack journalist but when you're on 50th straight "exclusive" interview with the mayor it's not because you're an awesome journalist, it's because you're being used. And yes, something being used is a tool.

Last edited:
Well we have Warmingtons article describing Ford returning constit calls from his hospital bed this morning. I question everything the Ford's say but his health issues actually sound pretty grim. Pray for Rob, folks. No idea why we needed to hear Charles McVety weigh in on the situation.

“I am appalled that while Mayor Rob Ford lies waiting in hospital fearing for his life, John Tory holds a press conference with Jaye Robinson complaining ‘the pattern continues of circus acts.’ This appears cold and callous and eerily similar to the cruel attack on Jean Chretien’s facial impediment,†said McVety. “A lot of people fervently prayed for the healing of the mayor. Concern for life and death should trump political machinations.â€
I agree with Charles, but even Mayor Ford is thinking politics while in hospital.

Yeah, because mocking the health of a politician with health issues is exactly like mocking the political views of politician with health issues.

Fucking idiots, the lot of them.

Being a bigoted racist and Conservative, Charles McVety has a lot of common with Rob Ford - so who better to chime in.

When it comes down to it, can one really think of a worse human being in Canadian politics than the Fords? Yes ... and here he is. What a circus.

He could be vomiting from whatever drugs he's on (legal, I doubt he's using in hospital) and if you listen to a phlegmy asthmatic on the phone, it's always bad sounding.

Being a bigoted racist and Conservative, Charles McVety has a lot of common with Rob Ford - so who better to chime in.

When it comes down to it, can one really think of a worse human being in Canadian politics than the Fords? Yes ... and here he is. What a circus.

Hahaha... Nfitz, you have reduced yourself to self-parody! McVety is a religious wingnut. You need to expand your vocabulary. Roget's Thesaurus is now online, IIRC....

Think these will keep Robbie's feet warm?

View attachment 33484

http://boingboing.net/2014/09/12/intestine-socks.html

(I know these are dark, sick and twisted but I've had one hell of a night.)

Or these:

Screen Shot 2014-09-16 at 8.23.37 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-16 at 8.23.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-16 at 8.23.37 AM.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 842
I am not putting it past Ford to make the prognosis seems as grim as possible, only to make a "miraculous recovery" and make another run for it in 2018.

If it's true that they did a biopsy on his lung, it would seem to me that the CT, or an xray, found more than a mass in his lower left quadrant. If true, it sounds like he's in bigger trouble than we thought.

Good point, maybe he's going through withdrawal.
Or maybe Rob's lying as usual. It's really sad that I don't believe anything that Rob says. Not a single word. We should hear some test results soon, assuming the Fords don't drop the cone of silence over his results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back