136     0 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 284     0 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 347     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a serious case is what I have been told. Let's call it a GI growth. Some oncologic surgeons or on his medical team though which makes me believe it is cancer-related, benign or not.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but even a benign mass would require extensive surgery and recovery, right?

GI growth/mass is legit - cancer is unconfirmed. No medical confirmation has been provided for the diagnosis that the mass in question is malignant.

AoD

Actually, IIRC, Zane Cohen said that there is an "abdominal" mass. The GI tract is hardly the only thing found in the abdomen (lower left quadrant or otherwise), so I don't think that we can say with certainty that it is a "GI" mass in particular (but of course it might be).

Last edited:
Gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs) is what they said my wife had, until she all of a sudden she didn't.

Many months later we hear an incompetent pathologist was let go.

https://twitter.com/ElectDougFord

Already starting to suck people in.

Once a Bully - always a bully:

Elect Doug Ford 2014 @ElectDougFord · 6h
"I'll work day in and day out to knock these councillors off." #electdougford #TOPoli http://electdougford.com

And they almost made a rhyme there (so I changed it for them - the one above is how it appeared)...:

Elect Doug Ford 2014 @ElectDougFord · 7h
We’ll be ramping up our camping starting today. Keep an eye out. #TOPoli #ElectDougFord

Last edited:
Please correct me if I am wrong, but even a benign mass would require extensive surgery and recovery, right?

I'd imagine so. They have to make an incision in your belly, regardless of what they're taking out. When my wife had her colon surgery, the docs were able to do it with "keyhole" techniques. Even then, she was in hospital for about 10 days afterward. When she was sent home, she was told to take it very easy for the next 10 weeks — don't lift anything more than 10 pounds, stay off your bike etc. But her energy levels came back to more or less normal after about three weeks. Given his size, I don't think Rob is a candidate for keyhole surgery, so his recovery might be longer. Still, I think he'd be feeling strong enough to return phone calls and pose for selfies at the mall after a few weeks. And that's what it's all about for Rob.

He's high profile. They tend to get experts on their case that you or I wouldn't.

Plus, "team" is a word used very loosely in these sorts of cases. Just because some test results might get passed around for possible comment to a few people need not mean that they were selected because someone thought that the odds of their specialties actually proving to be relevant were very high.

Also, hospital administrators are extremely sensitive about public perception. (All hospitals depend to some extent on donations and other fundraising to supplement what they get from the MOHLTC.) Robbie may have a large "team" for the same reason that he might be allowed to take up a bed when another patient would be sent home to await test results.

Once a Bully - always a bully:

Elect Doug Ford 2014 @ElectDougFord · 6h
"I'll work day in and day out to knock these councillors off." #electdougford #TOPoli http://electdougford.com

And they almost made a rhyme there...:

Elect Doug Ford 2014 @ElectDougFord · 7h
We’ll be ramping up our camping starting today. Keep an eye out. #TOPoli #ElectDougFord

it's a parody, judging from their logo ("the less likeable one")

Yes, especially if it is a large mass.

Thought so.

I'd imagine so. They have to make an incision in your belly, regardless of what they're taking out. When my wife had her colon surgery, the docs were able to do it with "keyhole" techniques. Even then, she was in hospital for about 10 days afterward. When she was sent home, she was told to take it very easy for the next 10 weeks — don't lift anything more than 10 pounds, stay off your bike etc. But her energy levels came back to more or less normal after about three weeks. Given his size, I don't think Rob is a candidate for keyhole surgery, so his recovery might be longer. Still, I think he'd be feeling strong enough to return phone calls and pose for selfies at the mall after a few weeks. And that's what it's all about for Rob.

What about any other health issues he might have? That could complicate the surgery.

it's a parody, judging from their logo ("the less likeable one")

The funny thing is that actual reporters are following it!

http://electdougford.com/

Yeah, that's a parody.

Last edited:
Still, I think he'd be feeling strong enough to return phone calls and pose for selfies at the mall after a few weeks. And that's what it's all about for Rob.

I'm surprised there are no pics of him returning calls to constituents from his hospital bed.

FN will likely give him a hero's welcome at the first rally.

View attachment 33457

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back