387     1 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 1.1K     7 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 631     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hard to know how much Doug might be willing to take advice from Silverstain, who (one suspects) would tell Doug to concoct an excuse to stay out of every debate he can - precisely for that reason. Fortunately, Doug probably is even less willing to take advice than Rob was.

I expect him to avoid "less important" ones like Rob started doing, but like you, I hope he shows up for some big ones and gets a rough treatment.

As far as I know, colonoscopies look for anomalies inside of or on the outer surface of the colon, not abdominal masses generally.

PS: Colonoscopies rule! (Anaesthetic!)

My parents are both over 60 and tell me about how "wonderful" they are...

Oh, let me tell you... The short period of fasting and purging is a small price to pay for getting to go to outer space without G-forces.

My spouse is an anaesthiologist, but she refuses all of my pleas to bring her work home. So until 'the guy upstairs wants me to be somewhere else' a colonoscopy every couple of years is all that I have to cling to.

Last edited:
As far as I know, colonoscopies look for anomalies inside of or on the outer surface of the colon, not abdominal masses generally.

PS: Colonoscopies rule! (Anaesthetic!)

Inside yes; however, unless the interior is atypical due to an exterior growth a CT, especially a virtual colonoscopy, is called for instead of just openings up the patient.

1) Doug wants to be mayor. He's hated every second of playing second fiddle to Rob.

2) Doug will do debates. Any other human being would have stopped going in front of the cameras if they were as stupid as Doug, but he does multiple scrums a day. He won't stop because he can't stop.

3) As much as I am completely willing to believe that the Ford's are milking Rob's illness, I don't know what gets accomplished by pursuing this angle. Think it through: Unless we can find a doctor or a member of Ford's inner circle to admit that, say, Rob had a colonoscopy done at GreeneStone in May and discovered a "mass" that he already knows is benign and put off surgery until he realized he couldn't win (a not implausible scenario), all we'll have is a bunch of circumstantial evidence. Any questions directed toward Doug on this (because we know that Rob and Mikey won't be doing any interviews) will be met with "Tumour. Tumour. Tumour. Tumour..." Which brings me to

4) To be honest, I don't know how one campaigns against Doug because it's quite obvious that being a serial liar with utter contempt for rules and basic human decency has been no barrier to him getting this far. If he's managed to stop people from coming forward about his hash dealing days (and whatever else) so far, is anyone likely to come forward now?

I'm not saying that he'll win because if it looked like that might happen there would be a huge amount of pressure on Tory or Chow (but, let's be honest, Chow) to step aside. But I am saying that I don't know what will happen to change the dynamic of the current situation where he can lie and be an asshole with impunity.

Inside yes; however, unless the interior is atypical due to an exterior growth a CT, especially a virtual colonoscopy, is called for instead of just openings up the patient.

Yes, but IIRC Greenstone does routine colonoscopies. I am skeptical that our Robbie would have recieved anything like a full GI work-up from a so-called rehab outfit.

Last edited:
Sounds like you might still have the singlet in your cedar closet. :cool:

Oh, you. Don't tell Ms. hper. She wears the hard hat in the fam-fam.

On another note, it's quite noble that Doug Ford Jr. has manfully stepped-up and agreed to tiller the sinking ship, is it not? He might have a narrative there.

Yes. Grey = serious.

But has he stopped getting the implants?

Hair transplants right? :D

Dougie knows that it is traditional to go grey after the election, just look at Harper and Obama as good examples. Of course he may think that being a cllr. bypasses things but he should have dropped the colour way before the current scam.

Oh, you. Don't tell Ms. hper. She wears the hard hat in the fam-fam.

On another note, it's quite noble that Doug Ford Jr. has manfully stepped-up and agreed to tiller the sinking ship, is it not? He might have a narrative there.

Please pardon me if (because) my written German is poor: "Alles ist in griffe auf dem sinkenen shiff." (All is in perfect order on the sinking ship.)

Yes, but IIRC Greenstone does routine colonoscopies. I am skeptical that our Robbie would have recieved anything like a full GI work-up form a so-called rehab outfit.

Agreed. CT and MRI machines for example are quite expensive, especially for a private clinic.

...4) To be honest, I don't know how one campaigns against Doug because it's quite obvious that being a serial liar with utter contempt for rules and basic human decency has been no barrier to him getting this far. If he's managed to stop people from coming forward about his hash dealing days (and whatever else) so far, is anyone likely to come forward now?

I wonder (genuinely, not rhetorically) whether the higher the office that DF seeks the more willing people might be to step out about him. Provincially, he would never pass the OPC background check due to the drug dealing allegations; the OPC would care that the allegations exist, because of the risk that someone might come forward; they would not give him the benefit of a doubt. For mayor....?

Daniel Dale @ddale8
"I'm not afraid of bullies," one of Rob Ford's Ward 2 opponents, Andray Domise, tells @thekeenanwire on Newstalk.

Daniel Dale @ddale8
Domise: The Fords have been good at local "customer service," but "in a lot of ways, they've been a barrier to progress in Ward 2."

He seems to be one of the few people speaking out about Ward 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back