97     0 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 271     0 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 338     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
(1) I hear that allegations are a rather painful cause from which to die (especially more than once).

(2) Those dead people are always making allegations, aren't they?

A bit of Eats Shoots And Leaves, really.

And, one must ask, YYZMarc, what are you doing posting on UT (as, I recall, I encouraged you to do more often some months back now)?

Is it just me, or am I misunderstanding the situation.

Three Fords are running for election. But, I hear Rob and Doug don't really - in their hearts of hearts - want to be mayor. Or that poor lil "Keep your mouth shut" Mikey was being forced to be a Councillor. Now a trustee. Am I reading things wrong?

That's what I'm seeing too, and I'm pretty sure I didn't drink the kool-aid.

All hail the latest addition to the Ford Circus: Trustee the Clown!

Vote Kybo Ford, 'cause homework is for losers ...

Chris Stockwell? He's running in Ward 4 and Lindsay Luby isn't. Then again, John Campbell is also running and he lost to GLL by 300 votes in 2010, at which point he was endorsed by Ford. Will be interesting.

And GLL's endorsing real estate agent/Humbertown activist Niels Christensen.

Re Stockwell and Nunziata: somehow, I'm thinking of Morley Kells' pathetic attempt at a Ward 5 comeback in 2010. Of the lot of them, the likeliest is Holyday Jr., mostly because he's more his father's boy with Doug's endorsement but an incidental matter...

You are too kind.*

*Blanche Dubois

I played Stanley Kowalski in Uni, so there'll always be a soft spot there. The trick is starting the "Stella" bit soft, listening, then increasing the volume from a whisper to a scream. That there's drama.

But as for the Ford Family...

I wonder how many debates Doug will back out of because his brother is sick. He needs to at least show up for a few so that he can lose his cool when confronted with a tough question.

I played Stanley Kowalski in Uni, so there'll always be a soft spot there. The trick is starting the "Stella" bit soft, listening, then increasing the volume from a whisper to a scream. That there's drama.

Sounds like you might still have the singlet in your cedar closet. :cool:

And, one must ask, YYZMarc, what are you doing posting on UT (as, I recall, I encouraged you to do more often some months back now)?

I hear this is where the cool kids hang out.

Anywhere I can come across intelligent people and don't have to read about how I need to rally around Saint Rob, Martyr of Etobicoke is fine by me. May and June were Hell on #TOpoli and I foresee the next 6 weeks being an order of magnitude worse.

So you guys might be stuck with me. Sorry.

I hear the Star's going to at least put it out there tomorrow that Greenstone was offering colonoscopy's etc until recently.

I wonder how many debates Doug will back out of because his brother is sick. He needs to at least show up for a few so that he can lose his cool when confronted with a tough question.

It is hard to know how much Doug might be willing to take advice from Silverstain, who (one suspects) would tell Doug to concoct an excuse to stay out of every debate he can - precisely for that reason. Fortunately, Doug probably is even less willing to take advice than Rob was.

I hear the Star's going to at least put it out there tomorrow that Greenstone was offering colonoscopy's etc until recently.

As far as I know, colonoscopies look for anomalies inside of or on the outer surface of the colon, not abdominal masses generally.

PS: Colonoscopies rule! (Anaesthetic!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back