163     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 913     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am no doctor either and despite how much the family lies and uses drama, my gut instinct tells me that this is very serious. Plus, he must have a myriad of other serious health problems in addition to to possible addiction.

Perhaps I am wrong, but who knows?

If this is the scenario then wouldn't the furthest thing on your mind be making a run Ward 2??

If it's very serious, the Fords are assholes for letting him run for an office requiring duties he won't be able to fulfill. If it's not serious, then they most likely knew, orchestrated this whole thing, and are playing for undue sympathy.
Neither of those scenarios makes them look good.

Well, did his family not read him the bedtime story "The Boy Who Cried Wolf"? Oh wait, his family...

If this is the scenario then wouldn't the furthest thing on your mind be making a run Ward 2??

No s**t. And the proverbial brother commanded Doug to continue his good work because he is on his last leg and couldn't finish the battle? Sorry, you're pressing the Hollywood war drama button.

I hate emotional manipulation.

AoD

Last edited:

Mikey was planning to inherit Ward 2. All Rob has to do is put his name on the ballot to have a chance at winning.

◦$200 filing fee for mayoralty candidates
◦$100 filing fee for councillor or school board trustee candidates

Even if Rob does zero campaigning from now until the election, and loses the Ford fiefdom, he is only out 100 bucks. Like buying a few lottery tickets, and probably better odds at winning.

Last edited:
Absolutely, he wouldn't be the first person to be diagnosed terminal right off the bat. But remember, they did lots of tests last May when he was hospitalized prior to rehab. A guy in his shape would have been checked from top to bottom, especially since he's the mayor and wealthy. Very unlikely that a "not small" tumour has suddenly shown up in the past 4 months and is malignant. It would have shown up in May, they generally don't grow that fast, they take years to develop. However, I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

You are quite right, generally speaking. However, pregnancies have been missed in MOs, so a large tumour could conceivably be missed unless there was reason to suspect. In the end, no one knows for sure: it's all speculation. The next week will shed more light.

If it is serious, then it's even more despicable that they are worrying about the politics and not his health. What a warped family they are.

That is Ford logic.

If it's very serious, the Fords are assholes for letting him run for an office requiring duties he won't be able to fulfill. If it's not serious, then they most likely knew, orchestrated this whole thing, and are playing for undue sympathy.

Neither of those scenarios makes them look good.

Desperate times call for desperate measures!

Not if you are a Ford!

Well, did his family not read him the bedtime story "The Boy Who Cried Wolf"?

AoD

That came to mind for me too. People are skeptical because they have been lied to so many times that even of Rob is terminal, they won't believe it. No one can blame them!

Last edited:
Mikey was planning to inherit Ward 2. All Rob has to do is put his name on the ballot to have a chance at winning.

◦$200 filing fee for mayoralty candidates
◦$100 filing fee for councillor or school board trustee candidates

Even if Rob does zero campaigning from now until the election, and loses the Ford fiefdom, he is only out 100 bucks. Like buying a few lottery tickets, and probably better odds at winning.

Again, when you're "on your last leg", this would not be top of mind, so to speak.

He has had his appendix out, so maybe any scars would seem to be attributable to that.

I think the appendix is on the opposite side of the abdomen from where this mass is supposed to be. The lack of scarring could likely be the result of a biopsy performed during a colonoscopy or maybe he had a needle biopsy; I think even if he had a core needle biopsy which uses a hollow needle, that would not leave much, if any of a scar. But I'm no doctor! The core needle biopsy was described on 1010 the other day by Dr. Marla Shapiro as how they might perform this procedure, although I don't recall if she said anything about scarring. She was primarily on the show to explain why the biopsy results would take a week - it's due to all the prepping, staining and cutting etc. the sample has to undergo and that there is no "fast-track" to this procedure. There is no glut of samples waiting to be prepped and analyzed that one might think they could queue-jump, it just takes that long.

BTW, the additional scans of the chest area are a concern, although it's likely the docs are being thorough, but I heard Towhey say later that day (also on 1010), that Rob was always a bit of a "horker" (his technical term).

Tell that to the two hospitals that made me do exactly that.

I've seen hospital discharge planners and even vice-presidents yelling at "bed blockers".

My job was to deliver patients to - not out - of ER's. But, I guess Off-Load Delay into the ER was responsible for some of the stress to discharge "bed blockers" ( as I used to hear the Triage nurses call them ) from upstairs.

It didn't involve me, but we got to witnesses some real screaming matches!

Last edited:
Appendix: lower right
FoMass: lower left

Appendix removed from lower left? Most biased appendectomy ever.

(I called it "FoMass" 'cause it rhymes with "FauxMass.")
Yes, but I remember reading that the appendix was removed because there was a tumour on it. They also removed an infection from his colon, so he's already had work on the left side. He probably has a few scars on his stomach.

I think people with the Fords' money and influence get to stay in the hospital as long as they want.

I could see him saying he wants to stay in longer because the stress of the media outside his house isn't good for his health.

.@AndrayDomiseTO, challenging Rob Ford for council in Ward 2, raised $10k from 1pm to 9:30pm yesterday. #TOpoli

For perspective, prior to yesterday, Andray has raised a total of $22,000. Then RoFo decided to join the race and boom!! So it seems many people really want RoFo out of Toronto politics, period. Hope this is the start of the avalanche.

Yes, but I remember reading that the appendix was removed because there was a tumour on it. They also removed an infection from his colon, so he's already had work on the left side. He probably has a few scars on his stomach.

I wouldn't know, but if the biopsy was taken during a colonoscopy, wouldn't the, uh, "incision" already exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back