News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 762     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel Dale @ddale8
Forum Research did a snap poll tonight, the first of Doug Ford's mayoral candidacy. My story in 15 minutes.

So just tonight's reactions.

All Tory or anyone for that matter, has to do is goad Duggie a bit. His fuse is short. We have seen his true colours repeatedly. Can you imagine him in a debate! YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! comes to mind.

Basically a hour long scrum.

If this has been planned since May, what are the odds that Donovan can ferret it out somehow?

I also wonder how Doug is tied to Brazen. Is he a target, kept out of the released ITO? Jimmi?

Like VintagePunk, I don't get why Doug is running. There is no way he can win, he has to know that. Deco is sinking, does he even want to win? I can see why Mikey was in, because if Rob won the mayoralty , he's Doug's replacement in the dynasty. But what's Doug's end game? Maybe he is just off the charts narcissisticly delusional?

This is fucked, Daddy.

DoFo's doing it to garner sympathy for Rubbie. I agree 100% (a DoFo ism) that he doesn't want to be mayor. He wants to be premier.

Kathy won't talk. She needs her trust fund.

"A month before he died of cancer in September of 2006, Doug Ford Sr. updated his will. His wife, Diane, and his sons Randy, Doug Jr. and Rob were named as executors of his estate, according to documents filed in Ontario Superior Court. Included among their duties was to administer a $1-million trust fund for Kathy."
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-ordered-not-to-contact-fords/article1358303/

Reminder: Rob's father was 73 when he passed away.

OK -- here's my proposal for a UT Ice Bucket-ish challenge...

I'm a 905-er. Can't vote in this election and don't have a horse in the race. I'm not affiliated with any of the candidates anywhere.

But I can be outraged by the tactics used and the lack of common decency and civility displayed by the FoFam to the electoral process and throughout the past few years. The sense of entitlement completely galls me.

So tonight I donated $100 to Andray Domise to help rid a city I love of a terrible affliction. I'll get $75 back on my investment (a tactic the "affliction" is all too familiar with) so it's really just a small contribution and fronting some dollars for a few weeks. I'd lend a friend the same if they asked.

Doug is toast. Mikey can be dealt with when the time comes. Rob needs to be dealt with now.

My challenge: any progressive minded UT-er who can afford to make the same commitment -- please do so. We talk a lot here, but we now have the opportunity for direct action. Let's give Andray the tools he needs to slay this dragon once and for all.

No disclaimer needed: the Domise campaign has never heard of me before and won't after this. I just need to feel like I took a stand and put my money where my mouth is during one of the craziest, most critical times in TO politics.

Quick and easy link: https://andraydomise.nationbuilder.com/donate

Thanks for your time and consideration.

If Thug is in a merryl debate, any bet on the moment he'll lay his "trump" card of ," How dare you say that to me! While my brother is lying in a hospital right now?!" Doug, the question was about funding for the Jazz Festival.

Regarding Ward 2. It has been the FoFam fiefdom for 14 years. If they can be contained there, it will be a victory for the rest of the city.

I grew up in Ward 4:
http://www1.toronto.ca/City Of Toronto/City Planning/Wards/Files/pdf/W/W4map.pdf

If I never visit Ward 2 again I won't miss it.

FoFam is welcome to it, as far as I am concerned if it means setting the rest of Toronto free again.

We can worry about Ward 2 in 2018.

Last edited:
New Forum poll with Doug in second place at 34%. I guess if Doug just keeps orchestrating memorials for his brother over the next few weeks... Stupid runs deep in this city.

Last edited:
OK -- here's my proposal for a UT Ice Bucket-ish challenge...

I'm a 905-er. Can't vote in this election and don't have a horse in the race. I'm not affiliated with any of the candidates anywhere.

But I can be outraged by the tactics used and the lack of common decency and civility displayed by the FoFam to the electoral process and throughout the past few years. The sense of entitlement completely galls me.

So tonight I donated $100 to Andray Domise to help rid a city I love of a terrible affliction. I'll get $75 back on my investment (a tactic the "affliction" is all too familiar with) so it's really just a small contribution and fronting some dollars for a few weeks. I'd lend a friend the same if they asked.

Doug is toast. Mikey can be dealt with when the time comes. Rob needs to be dealt with now.

My challenge: any progressive minded UT-er who can afford to make the same commitment -- please do so. We talk a lot here, but we now have the opportunity for direct action. Let's give Andray the tools he needs to slay this dragon once and for all.

No disclaimer needed: the Domise campaign has never heard of me before and won't after this. I just need to feel like I took a stand and put my money where my mouth is during one of the craziest, most critical times in TO politics.

Quick and easy link: https://andraydomise.nationbuilder.com/donate

Thanks for your time and consideration.
What can those of us south of border do? My wife's Canadian if that helps.

Daniel Dale @ddale8
Likely that Doug got a sympathy bump today. At least, though, the poll suggests he's competitive, with the same low-ceiling issue as Rob.

Speechless. Both the D. Ford and Chow numbers are just unbelievable. I'm done for the night and just drinking now.

Good luck, Toronto, you're going to need it. I still miss the way you were in the early 00s.

I'm just watching the Campaign Launch speech. Very similar to Rub using his back from rehab apology speech to campaign. It's infuriating that people buy into this crap, and that the whole Ford family thinks this all OK.

Speechless. Both the D. Ford and Chow numbers are just unbelievable. I'm done for the night and just drinking now.

Good luck, Toronto, you're going to need it. I still miss the way you were in the early 00s.

I hope that a few bad debates and temper tantrums can change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back