414     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 516     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 642     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a matter of permission; a matter of being invited by the organizer(s) in each case. Some of them may well be dim and/or craven enough to invite him.

He's a sitting councillor, so hard to have invited Stintz but not him...

Chow seems to be grabbing at anything to reboot her campaign. She and her key staff know they are slipping in many wards all over the city. I said this many months ago that she does not seem like she truly wants to be mayor and it's really starting to show. John Tory, on the other hand, came out and controlled the whole room like he was already mayor and he reminded everyone he wants Rob Ford to get better but he really wants to become Toronto's next mayor aka reminding everyone Toronto residents still have to pick the next mayor and a Ford is not what the city needs.
It's like Olivia's heart just isn't in it.

"The Babe Ruth Story". Sometimes referred to as the sports version of "Plan 9 from Outer Space."

I am thinking of the scene on the street outside the hospital as the kids sing "Take me out to the ball game" as The Babe valiantly battles The Big C.

That scene just may be played out entirely.

...Ward 2 residents really going to vote for someone who could be dead soon or at least unable to even show up at city hall?

Dougie may not be dead soon but he still has done nothing for the residence of Ward 2, in the ward or City Hall.

Why am I thinking the big "C" is going to turn out to be a "Cyst"?

Drained by laparoscopic surgery and back at work on Nov 1.

So are we all agreed that Doug's fake candidacy is just to provide air cover for Rob to win his council seat back?

So are we all agreed that Doug's fake candidacy is just to provide air cover for Rob to win his council seat back?

Yes. Backup plan from 2010 where Doug drops out and Rob runs as councilor.
They didn't need it in 2010 cause the polls were good and they won both seats.
This insures Rob a seat, and gosh, you never know, they might win both seats again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back