526     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 548     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 680     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but I doubt any money will actually change hands, which is again, how they're gaming the system. Doug: You got that money from me, right Rob? Rob: Of course.

Not to mention, if they're the ones printing the stuff, they can pretty much set what the "value" was, no?

I think we definitely need some reform around the electoral laws - particularly when individuals of blood relationships are involved.

AoD

Rick Mercer ‏@rickmercer 2m
Just landed in St. John's. I'm confused, where is Sandro Lisi running? #TOpoli #cdnpoli

LOL

Domise in Ward 2

Domise has made huge strides in Ward 2 and I hope that momentum isn't dead now that Rob is running again.

No, actually I think it will galvanize supporters even more. I already donated (not much, but every little bit helps) and I am considering another donation. I would help him with boots on the ground but my boots aren't made for walking any longer ( a botched knee surgery has left me semi-disabled ).

Tweet, re tweet, donate, volunteer--do whatever you can to help him. He deserves it. WHEN he defeats whatever Ford is running against him, he will be our next mayor in 4 years time. Mark my words.

I think we definitely need some reform around the electoral laws - particularly when individuals of blood relationships are involved.

AoD

I think the Province needs to wipe the slate clean and start from the beginning. Byebye MCOI and COTA, and institute new governance laws for small and large municipalities. Two brothers running for council of Fergus, ON is nowhere near as dubious as in the city of Toronto, ON. We need proper laws for large cities, in general, that differentiate them properly from the tiny burgs.

Last edited:
Ann Hui ‏@annhui 10s
Doug Ford will be making statement at 7 pm outside his mom Diane Ford's home

She pulled the strings all along, so why not?

https://polldaddy.com/poll/8303598

This is not to be taken too seriously though.
"I just wish the media would stay away from our homes and leave us alone. Oh, by the way, I'm holding a press conference outside my Mom's house."

and ....cue the hash stories! Some idiots on IHTWOMF are saying DoFo has no baggage....

So he's wrapping hash in tinfoil now?

No, actually I think it will galvanize supporters even more. I already donated (not much, but every little bit helps) and I am considering another donation. I would help him with boots on the ground but my boots aren't made for walking any longer ( a botched knee surgery has left me semi-disabled ).

Tweet, re tweet, donate, volunteer--do whatever you can to help him. He deserves it. WHEN he defeats whatever Ford is running against him, he will be our next mayor in 4 years time. Mark my words.

I really hope you are right, but we can't rule out the stupidity of Ward 2 residents. They would vote for Rob if he was in hospice care.

But has it not been reported (Doolittle) that Kouvalis despises Doug Ford?

Yeah, a lot of the staffers felt Doug was cutting in, giving advice etc. which was their job.

It's also worth remembering that it was Doug's bully tactics and fumbling of the waterfront (OH, Tory will have a field day with that!) that started alienating Rob from council. Well, Doug and Towhey.

FACLC ‏@FACLC 1m
I can't be alone in saying that I'm moving my endorsement from Rob Ford to John Tory with today's news, can I? #voteto #onpoli #TOpoli

A trend? Only problem is this Robbie booster is an Alberta Secessionist and Wild Rose party member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back