2K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 792     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im hearing this in that hinterland who's who's voice. Animus dougieous indiginous to Etobicoke and some pockets of Chicago.... known to run in tight family packs which the silverbacks will protect with thier lies er life. Can often be recognized by thier unique cry: everything is biased

Lol.

Someone about 20 pages ago mentioned the ROT in city politics. It's always been there. We elect people we have little info on based on a few soundbites or a flyer stuffed in our mailbox. It was well known among Toronto Council that Rob was a drunk, but there was little political capital to be gained until it became widespread public knowledge. This is no different than most work environments, we all know people we've worked with who have been involved in affairs, the drunks, the druggies, the people that come in late/leave early but be honest, how often do you go to the top of the chain and rat out someone who should be fired...or arrested?

Take a look at Georgio Mammoliti, what's his background....well, he used to cut grass for the city, then he was a union steward/chief then jumped into politics. I wouldn't trust him to balance my checkbook but voters seemed less than capable of sussing out what actual skills he brings to the city, besides landscaping and being a union man ready to jump into politics.

I would guess about 20-30% of all council members are of a similar ilk. Not well educated, no great work record, just someone that saw public service as a great paycheck with lots of fringe benefits, and you can bet with that mindset if you have a colleague on council that beats his wife, gets hammered, maybe delivers some underhanded favours at the expense of the public they won't say anything, why rock the boat, put in your hours, cash your paycheck and STFU.

Don't get me wrong, I think there are some great people that do want to make their cities more liveable and are concerned with the bottom line, but we don't have a litmus test to see who they are, we can only go by what we hear and read, and frankly our newspapers and media have become so pathetic at actually reporting that that's all but impossible .

Subways, subways, subways, subways.

BenSpurr 5:04pm via TweetDeck
Rob Ford to announce "Toronto Subway Expansion Plan" tmrw at 8:30 am at campaign hq.

Andray A. Domise ‏@AndrayDomiseTO 14m
Guys. I'm on the phone with a fmr Michael Ford volunteer who quit after 5 days. Accdg to the caller, he's too "lazy" for her tastes

Screen Shot 2014-09-02 at 5.21.04 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-02 at 5.21.04 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-09-02 at 5.21.04 PM.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 636
Well played, Mr. Dale. Does Nanos use different polling methods?
I did that poll -- they called my landline. Only one open-ended question (i.e., what is the biggest problem facing Toronto today?); others were multiple choice with mostly only three choices, i.e., Ford, Tory or Chow.

I did that poll -- they called my landline. Only one open-ended question (i.e., what is the biggest problem facing Toronto today?); others were multiple choice with mostly only three choices, i.e., Ford, Tory or Chow.

Landline polls still favor Ford.

Daniel Dale @ddale8
Tonight: new Nanos poll out on CTV around 6. Mayoral debate at 7; @jpags there. Ford skipping debate and canvassing in front of media.

Why does the media fall for that every time?

I really think I saw a copy of the detailing bill posted somewhere. I think it was for about 100 dollars and I remember thinking so what? I posted a comment at the time speculating on the various residues that would be in that vehicle. I was joking about drugs and shall we say "effluent de rob". Are we now speculating on other body fluids, like blood of a dead guy? Maybe that bill is searchable. Be right back .

is this what you're looking for?

http://app.toronto.ca/tcer2/desktop/category.htm?year=2014&councillorId=45&budgetType=0&categoryId=3

Good grief! Do they think this is prestigious? What does RoFo know about running a business anyways? :rolleyes:
I'm going to send them an email asking why on earth they want that embarrassment at their event.

Mayor Ford will deliver the Show's Welcome Address and highlight how the City fosters opportunities to grow business in Toronto. Mr. Croxon will provide personal insight on business ownership and share tips on how to achieve success. "Hearing the life experiences and to receive advice from business leaders like Mayor Ford and Mr. Croxon is an invaluable first step for prospective business owners to take," said Fred Cox, President of National Event Management, producer of the National Franchise & Business Opportunities Show.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/140...largest-franchise-business-opportunities-show

Daniel Dale @ddale8
Tonight: new Nanos poll out on CTV around 6. Mayoral debate at 7; @jpags there. Ford skipping debate and canvassing in front of media.

Why does the media fall for that every time?

This is a battle I've fought many times over the years: You send a reporter to cover something, because something may happen. If nothing happens, the reporter usually files a story, anyway. That's fine. It's their job. But I can't count the number of times I've spiked a story because it was pointless only to be called out by a boss saying I was "wasting news." My reply was always, "what news?" Then I'd be ordered to find space for the story. So much for news judgment, eh? Nothing wrong with journos following Rob to the doorstep. But there's no need to report it if nothing happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back