1.3K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep it simple: this guy isn't fit to be mayor -- the police are investigating him, and while he hasn't been arrested, they haven't closed the investigation either. Why? And why doesn't he talk to them and get it cleared up? This guy isn't fit to be mayor because he shows up for work whenever he wants, refuses to tell people what he's doing while we are paying him, etc. He's been banned from coaching high school kids in two different school boards. He uses his position as mayor to benefit his family business.
This is the exact string of simple facts that I've been waiting to hear detailed by the opposing candidates. And then broadcast by the media. And it just doesn't happen.

No police chief would shut down a murder investigation so soon!

What is the difference between a clear murder investigation and a murder-for-hire (Holla, anonymous random graffiti tagger!) investigation? One would imagine the evidence required in the latter goes beyond a 'smoking gun'.

Last edited:
Although Joe Worms writes fawning drivel and untruths about the Fordz, I'd like to remind peeps that somebody at The Toronto Stun *pays* him to write it, approves the copy for publication and pays the printing bill. To me, that's a problem as big as Joe Worms himself.

Can we expect the non-working Mams and RoFo to hang out and blow a few phatties, since school is out and they're both on the City Hall dole? Couldn't call *that* gravy, now could you? Mams' judicial review deserves Judge Judy.

Shurely Shome Misteak! Responses to my earlier queries about redeeming qualities of Mikey Fo are remarkably non-existent.

As you were.

Today, in bobblehead land...

NatalieCTV 3:02pm via Twitter for iPhone
Diane Ford says she's optimistic about son Rob's re-election bid. "We're all on a high and we feel good."

Ford family motto: WE'RE ALL IN A DRUNKEN STUPOR AND WE FEEL GOOD. (Would make for a good meme-generator pic)

Ford’s Director of Communications, Jeff Silverstein, confirmed to the Star that the mayor will not be attending a debate held by Greenwood Community Association on Tuesday or one organized by FilmOntario on Wednesday.

Something has come up in his schedule,” said Silverstein, who declined to provide any further details on why the mayor was pulling out of the planned appearances.

He’s not missing important debates. He’ll be taking part in all of the important debates and his positions are well known,” said Silverstein.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/09/01/mayor_rob_ford_drops_out_of_two_planned_debates.html

.I feel that voters that want to insure that RF does not win re-election unite behind one candidate...If John Tory turns out to be that candidate he should be supported knowing what could happen: RF winning re-election...LI MIKE

Let's not forget that a lot of people voted strategically in 2010 to prevent George Smitherman from being elected. How's that workin' out?

In Ontario provincial elections, you can decline your ballot and it will be counted separately from spoiled ballots. Not so federally, and AFAIK, not so municipally. If you tell the returning officer that you decline your ballot, it gets counted in amongst all the retards who can't write a simple X in a simple circle, or fill in a simple rectangle with a pencil.

Vote your true intentions. How else will your candidate get elected?

Although Joe Worms writes fawning drivel and untruths about the Fordz, I'd like to remind peeps that somebody at The Toronto Stun *pays* him to write it, approves the copy for publication and pays the printing bill. To me, that's a problem as big as Joe Worms himself.

It's true but, to their credit, the ACTUAL journalists at the Sun have long since come around, leaving Worms and Sue Ann Levy out in the cold. Just the other day, Lorrie Goldstein was taking shots at Joe on Twitter. He still has some dollar-and-cents value as he gets the exclusives with Ford which, if nothing else, get web hits.

My theory/hope is that once Ford is out, Worms will be to. His exclusive access will be gone and his opinions on Mayor Tory or Mayor Chow or whoever will be meaningless. His access to them, I suspect, will be nil. I doubt much of the press corp gives him the time of day at this point and when Ford goes, hopefully he will too.

An interesting note about the debates Ford is skipping - one is the FilmOntario debate. Of course this will deprive us of the opportunity to hear what great opportunities he brought to the city on that Los Angeles trip. We'll never know if he bailed because he knew he'd be grilled on this or whether it's just a bender or something.

Nice, Silverstein just said that certain events aren't "important" enough to be worthy of his presence.

shouldn't have agreed to attend them in the first place, I suppose, but... it is ridiculous.

September 2, 7 p.m.: Greenwood Community Association. Location: Kimbourne Park United Church, 200 Woverleigh Blvd.
September 3, 9:30 a.m.: FilmOntario
September 4, 12:15 p.m.: Toronto Region Board of Trade/Globe and Mail. Location: 1 First Canadian Place, 3rd Floor
September 5, 5 p.m. or 6 p.m.: CARP Etobicoke
September 8, 10:30 a.m.: Toronto Seniors’ Forum. Location: City hall, council chamber
September 9, 7 p.m.: National Congress of Italian-Canadians. Location: Villa Colombo, 40 Playfair Ave.
September 11, 7 a.m.: Toronto Area Interfaith Council
September 11, evening: Variety Village

September 12, 8 or 8:30 a.m.: Ontario Home Builders’ Association
September 14, afternoon: Evergreen Brick Works
September 15: Ryerson University
September 15, 7 p.m.: St. Andrew’s Church
September 16, 2 p.m.: Better Living Health and Community Services
September 16, 7 p.m.: York Quay Neighbourhood Association
September 17, early afternoon: Churchill Society for the Advancement of Parliamentary Democracy
September 17, evening: REALpac/NAIOP (real estate industry)

September 18, 12 p.m.: University of Toronto student union
September 19: Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies
September 22, 7 p.m.: Innis College, University of Toronto
September 23, 7:30 p.m.: York South-Weston community associations
September 24, 12 p.m.: C.D. Howe Institute
September 24, evening: Transport Action Ontario

September 25, 7 p.m.: Toronto Environmental Alliance
September 26, early afternoon: Empire Club of Canada
September 29, 12 p.m.: ArtsVote
September 29, evening: Markland Wood Homeowners Association
September 30, 3 p.m.: Toronto Sports Council
September 30, 6 p.m.: Yonge-Bloor-Bay Business Association

source: http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...imes_of_toronto_mayoral_election_debates.html

pretty much every weekday, and two on the same day many times? I question the value to voters. Most of the time, the questions have been given to the campaigns ahead of time, so they can prep the answers, which basically just means regurgitating platform info already posted on their website, no? Questions come from the orgs hosting it, many people here want to go to the debates and shout questions at Ford but I don't think it works that way.

An interesting note about the debates Ford is skipping - one is the FilmOntario debate. Of course this will deprive us of the opportunity to hear what great opportunities he brought to the city on that Los Angeles trip. We'll never know if he bailed because he knew he'd be grilled on this or whether it's just a bender or something.

Could be that it's just deemed irrelevant to "taxpayers". Fuzzy-wuzzy stuff that boring regular mayoral contenders preoccupy themselves with. In which case, Ford's absence is presence--presence in "taxpayers'" hearts.

However you slice them, these debates are about gravy. Except the *big* ones, i.e. the major TV-broadcast ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back