695     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 606     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 748     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like he pulled out of one by FilmOntario, too.

Re: East York, maybe he was scared that Shirtless Jogger would show up.

It sounds like he pulled out of one by FilmOntario, too.

Re: East York, maybe he was scared that Shirtless Jogger would show up.

I'm hoping this is a trend as the camping season gets into higher gear, and even more citizens starts to question why MINO is running away like a coward and bully who unexpectedly got his nose bopped.

Today, in bobblehead land...

NatalieCTV 3:02pm via Twitter for iPhone
Diane Ford says she's optimistic about son Rob's re-election bid. "We're all on a high and we feel good."

Did no one think to tell Diane that maybe she shouldn't go around saying that the Ford family is high. :)

Please stop telling me to vote Tory.
Not going to happen.

Sublime you are right and I respect that. I even have a little diatribe for people who are thinking of strategic voting, something along the lines of "Dont be surprised if you never get your hearts desire if you dont vote with your heart. Or" this ain't your parents politics". But drastic times... would you consider spoiling your ballot?

What if my "heart's desire" is Rob Ford must go?

Because it's the type of case where cops will never give up until they've got their man/men, even if it's five, 10, 20 years later!

I certainly felt that way when the police were giving regular reminders that the case was ongoing. With the subpoena story and Blair on the way out, I started to wonder if the case were losing steam. I'm hoping it's more a calm before the storm type situation, but I'm worried that if it's stalled come the appointment of a new chief, we might see it quietly shut down..

DUI with his children in the car.
Do you really think Ford's the only person who drinks and drives in all of Toronto? I'll bet a lot of people have done it... with their own kids in the car. Otherwise, the police would close the RIDE program. (remember the original question was 'what's it gong to take for some people to stop supporting Ford'? so we're talking about FN dead-enders here. it goes back to the "he's just like me" thinking. )

Only if it was as a result of an accident that killed one or both of the kids.
then they'd just feel sorry for him. maybe you're perfect, etc...

stop worrying about what it will take for these dead-enders to give up -- who cares. As we speak, new recruits are joining nazi groups and the kkk, too. There are (and always have been) all sorts of people in the world, and some of them are your neighbours.

In which case...remember that death might happen. If not in one direction, then in the other; or coming from a different place in that one direction. That is, we might see a future Ford Fest or Scarborough-debate melee escalate into something Christie-Pits-riot-esque, or worse--and *that'd* jolt a lot of people; either that, or trigger outright municipal civil war.

Come to think of it, I wonder if that's a reason why the Fords *might* be backing away from general-purpose "Fests" on behalf of tighter mom's-house "fundraiser" affairs, or why they're backing away from debates or from sending their cheering-squad troops to debates. Because they know, from experience like the Scarborough FF, that there's a hair trigger out there. Even if their support is firm, the optics of literal, overt death and destruction are "not good".

I can't vote based on "might" happen....I KNOW what will happen with another 4 years given the last 4. Elections are about momentum. Strategic voting happens regardless of whether we agree with it or not. I know that today is the annual Labor Day parade; and yet, I've not seen or read of any Chow presence aside from an endorsement from Cupe. This should be in Chow's wheelhouse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back