35     0 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 454     1 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 1.1K     7 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mope: is there an 'unsubscribe' link in that email?

There was an unsubscribe link which was unfortunately cut off in the screen cap.

As best as I can tell, the only way they have my info is from emails I have sent to Ford at his official city email address.
I wish there was a way to demand information on how they added me...

It's being hosted by the Greenwood Community Association, September 2nd, at Kimbourne Park United, 200 Wolverleigh Blvd.

It would be great to see other East End UTers there. It will likely be vocally anti-Ford, crowd wise.

http://decadiaries.wordpress.com/2014/08/26/mayoral-forum-in-our-hood/

Eta looks like attendance is limited to DECA or GCA members

thanks. I guess that's why it wasn't advertised much, small affair.
And only the top 3. Wonder if DECA voters just want to home in on the best alternative to Ford; no spoilers, please... Eyes on the prize.

thanks. I guess that's why it wasn't advertised much, small affair.
And only the top 3. Wonder if DECA voters just want to home in on the best alternative to Ford; no spoilers, please... Eyes on the prize.

I think they said they hadn't heard from Soknacki yet so he might be there.

Jonathan Goldsbie @goldsbie
Ford: "I deal with these black youth day in and day out. Nobody supports the black youth more than I do in this city!" Crowd is offended.

I like this crowd.

Hi everyone *waves*

Been grumbling a long time about this Mayoral campaign so far...Finally found this space with like-minded people who want to be more informed; and a friend from York who joined me in checking out this debate. Glad to hear there was also a live feed for others to watch elsewhere. Also was glad to hear a lot of BOOOO's to Ford.
He didn't answer any questions
His responses to community concerns and social issues with football were patronizing and pathetic
His references to Toronto Community housing were repetitive and insulting = not all black people in Toronto live in TCHC

Bravo to Olivia Chow, David Soknaki, John Tory, Dewitt Lee, and the audience for not accepting so much bs.

ETA: Sorry, I'm a newbie that started this post from my phone. Been following commentary about the campaign through the news, comment sections, and #topoli on twitter. Now that I'm here, i'll try to read through what you all have so far as well....

Last edited:
Its a non secret to those in recovery. Teachers drink. An inordinate amount of women in A.A. are teachers. I asked friends in the program why so many teachers? As informal as these queries were the answers made sense to me. Long holidays, short workdays, poorer job satisfaction than expected. Early pigeon holing into non admin roles. Shortage of jobs in major centres and in the case of secondary teachers: fear of violence . Also early retirement. Bottom line Thank your kids'teachers. Its a tough, thankless job.

Indeed.

1383667401-bart_the_lover_48.jpg

Still say we need a Ford More Weeks rally at NPS on Sep 29th...

Should be a civic holiday and harvest party all rolled into one. And it ought to be just the first. Celebrate it annually. A kind of 'ding dong the witch is dead' crossed with Guy Fawkes Day. A celebration/remembrance of the impending end of four years of the most inept and ridiculous political leadership the city has ever seen. Has to be accessible by streetcar, though.

On a more responsive note, 'Ford More Weeks' is a great idea for a rally thing. People joyfully celebrating his inevitable turfing? He might get rattled. However the smirk from his office window might suggest otherwise.

Also, can't wait to hear Doug say "When you talk to the folks at Tim Horton's, a Burger King sudsiduary...".

I think I've mentioned this before, but it was a while ago, and other people here keep circling back to their cultural touchstones that probably have far less to do with the topic.

Rob Ford's attitude toward black people makes me think of the first couple lines of Don DeLillo's 1972 novel End Zone:

Taft Robinson was the first black student to be enrolled at Logos College in west Texas. They got him for his speed.

Re today's debate--was it an "open" one? Because what seems to surprise me is the lack of reported confrontations from either end--pro or anti--indeed, where was the RoFo rent-a-cheering-squad? Was Iola there? Bullet-head Parkin? Any of those nutters or looking-for-trouble types? Sounds surprisingly placid...

Class yearbook: Toronto councillors sum up the term in one sentence

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...ncillors_sum_up_the_term_in_one_sentence.html

examples...

“This was an extremely productive term for the taxpayers of Toronto, thanks to new subways, lower tax increases, more efficient and transparent government, fiscal accountability and restraint, privatized garbage collection and historic union contract negotiations.â€

Mayor Rob Ford (via his spokesman)

“Rewarding for the people, and a dysfunctional council.â€

Doug Ford, Ward 2 (Etobicoke North)

“I learned that there’s a lot of very smart people there, sometimes that gets lost in a lot of the noise, and I just wish more people would focus on what’s right and wrong as opposed to what’s right and left.â€

James Maloney, Ward 5 (Etobicoke-Lakeshore)

“Baptism by fire.â€

Ana Bailao, Ward 18 (Davenport)

“It was the worst of times, it was the worst of times.â€

John Filion, Ward 23 (Willowdale)

“Like no other term of council before, and I hope like no other term to come.â€

Paula Fletcher, Ward 30 (Toronto-Danforth)

Churning points in the Rob Ford years: The moments that changed everything

All agreed that this term, marked by Mayor Rob Ford (Open Rob Ford ’s policard) ’s bulldozer start, then loss of council control and finally descent into drug scandal, was like none before.

“I think of it as ‘Ford Chaos Items 1 through 50’,†says Colle, a rookie centrist. “I can’t even remember them all — my Stockholm syndrome has fully set in and I don’t even know what normal is any more.â€

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...ears_the_moments_that_changed_everything.html

Funny I was just writing another blog about fords appeal and the factor of Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin . Two muchloved bumbling overweight hard drinking men deeply flawed who regularly lie and deceive their families. We've been primed for decades for rofo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back