257     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 963     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 558     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I missed your other post. Can you explain your math? Thx.

My point back then, and remains so today, is forum research's polls are garbage.

These are automated phone polls to landlines and they are to people that already have answered previous polls. Forum have been accused of "Trolling not polling" in the past.

"The methodology favoured by Forum has also favoured what it considers to be the more typical actual voter — older, male, suburban plus more likely to be reached via landline — even though the results are then weighted against the overall population."

http://o.canada.com/news/forum-research-rob-ford-brandon-souris

Also, several people have pointed out Ford will be a lock in TCH, how many of those people actually vote or can vote? As well, Ford's racist remarks will only hurt him in this demographic.

The press needs to sell, and what better way than to focus on the circus rather than the substance. So every time they do the "man on the street" poll we get the usual "love Ford" rather than the person that refuses to talk (the majority).

It'll be Chow or Tory and my money is leaning on Tory because Chow has been so ineffective, her ridiculous story about kids and parents waiting in the rain for transit just seems desperate. She's repeated this same idea so many times I want to punch her in the face and say "Talk big policy you idiot"!

What I find surprising is that so many people were expecting Tory to be this great leader who saves Toronto from Ford. Did everyone just forget about Tory's time as the Conservative leader and how badly he bungled things? So now all of a sudden you expect a guy who has a history of bad judgement and failure, to be a great leader? It's no surprise to me at all, that Tory is under-performing and not saying much of anything. NEWSFLASH, John Tory is not a leader, he is a guy who takes opinion polis before he forms an opinion on anything. His fear of failure prevents him from taking even the smallest risk or coming out with new ideas. Don't expect any great ideas from Tory because it just ain''t gonna happen. I also see way too many similarities between Ford and Tory, two rich boys who were given everything on a platter and achieved very little by their own doing.

I agree, this election is turning out to be a little too close to the last one. Nobody is standing out from the crowd and my fear is, Ford might just come up the middle. YEP, I'm getting worried.

Last edited:
Or maybe Doug was using the ol' George Costanza trick. Give off the appearance that you're hard at work by pretending that you're annoyed by something.

lol, I've done that. Walk faced paced around the office with a handful of papers and a furrowed brow. Works every time.

Any news the Fords can't control is good news. If it's damning I'm sure there will be something of an emergency, and/or involving TPS.

Well hopefully the release will concurrent with R Ford and Silverstein getting a copy of it...
As seemed from R Ford's reaction when TCDSB made the decision he did not know or recognize the background for it...

I guess that's why RMFG tweeted that Doug was looking pissed today. This should be interesting.

Very, very, very interesting.

In the past I've wondered whether there are multiple parties to this affair who are interested in keeping the details of Ford's canning a secret.

Refresher here: Toronto Catholic school board keeps Rob Ford football documents secret -- http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...keeps_rob_ford_football_documents_secret.html

Perhaps related and perhaps not, I believe one of the most famous members of this discussion board knows the subject of this report -- http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha..._teams_coached_by_man_with_criminal_past.html

Last edited:
Whoa, finally something big is about to drop! I wonder when we will see it.

I'm hoping it's not full of information we already know. Let's hope it's a new incident.

It could also be something that keeps him out of coaching for a long time, which would be devastating. Direct negative information about his coaching is hitting him directly in his tiny, fractious self esteem. This could be the nadir that puts the next crack video into motion.

Last edited:
This could be the nadir that puts the next crack video into motion.

Yeah, this was something he absolutely loved and to have some real trash come out and tarnish the whole thing could be a wagon jumper.

Always a good sign, folks.

reporterdonpeat 2:32pm via Twitter for iPhone
Doug Ford says he's "not too sure" where Mayor Rob Ford is...

This could be fun!

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 3m
Doug Ford says Rob doesn't pick up his calls, bc he has blocked ID so Rob thinks it's media

http://www.brettruffell.com/social-media-reacts-to-my-rob-ford-interview/

Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 2.38.31 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 2.38.31 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 2.38.31 PM.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 661
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back