625     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, this can't bode well.

LeeAnne ‏@leeeee34 5m
What's shakin??

LeeAnne ‏@leeeee34 32m
Got a little bummed out when it was only 45 days not 50 but yahoo 45 is still good
former banker? Wow
today's court appearance will not be brought to you by fofams wallet.

Last edited:
"McRobb's Matter put over until Sept. 23 at 9:30 a.m."

"McRobb was not keen to speaking with us. A lawyer (not hers) accompanied her to her truck and she drove off."
https://twitter.com/SunReporterYuen/status/504279623908487168

View attachment 31931

McRobb also said she visited Toronto recently, but has "never been to city hall."

"She did speak with me outside of court before her appearance. Said she has not spoken to both Doug and @TOMayorFord ."

Looks like a monster truck. Expensive to own and operate.

Last edited:
Another fine example of the Ford Cult using violence, great example for kids; I have a big stick so I'm right.

Scott Scowshter @kensingtoncat @robfordmustgo
Guy haranguing invites me outside, tells me I'm not a man when I don't respond, wound up to a spittle-flecked degree.

GFL still making a mess...

Man suffers critical head injuries after garbage truck rollover
image.jpg

Not the CBC, 680news.com or CP24 -- only the Hamilton Spec is bothering to name the company in it's article about the crash -- and mention the company's safety record:

what will it take to get these guys off the roads.

Saw one of their trucks up in Grey County the other day ... stopped at the top of a hill. Good job blocking traffic and visibility, guys!

There’s rarely much pay-off in losing, but for FoFam in 2014 there may not be much in winning either.

For the Fords, it's all about Ego with a Capital "E." Logic has little to do with it.

Except that at these, uh, hate to say it, "ethno-fests", I'm not sure how many of the swarmers fit that categorization, which requires a certain, uh, "Western cynicism". By comparison, there's a lot more pidgin earnestness here--something that comes with being pretty much off-grid re a lot of the pariah-earning issues we're possessed with. Remember: they're mostly ethnic-media or CP24 in their local news consumption habits. They don't grasp "subtleties"--or else, they're conditioned to view them with suspicion.

Whatever it is about Ford, it resonates with them as "beloved leader figure" in the same way that domes and spires and columns and minarets--no matter how cheap and crude and tacky--can resonate more with them than the subtleties of Maki and Correa at Aga Khan.

Much of my assumptions in regards to Ford and his "fans" are based on the crowds that were following him at last year's Taste of the Danforth. Those people were very openly mocking and laughing at the drunken clown as they pursued him and took pictures. It was a heart-warming sight. :D

But, yeah, the more earnest types supporting him have a more complicated - and toxic - relationship with...well, reality. In particular, it's maddening to witness visible minorities and dark skinned immigrants cutting their own throats by sucking up to such an open and unapologetic racist. I understand they have their own self-serving reasons, in which they're selective about which facets of his character they're willing to acknowledge, as long as he's willing to pander to their worst instincts and stroke their egos. I find I have little sympathy for them. It's the same old story: They're willing to support the bastard until he finally crosses a line that that's offensive to them. In which case, the first thing out of their mouths is some variation of "Why didn't anybody warn us about this guy?!?!"

Another day at council, another bundle of Ford lies.

jpags 11:30am via Twitter for iPad
Councillor Ford now says conflict of interest cases against brother Mayor Ford cost close to a million. Earlier Ford said half a million.

"McRobb's Matter put over until Sept. 23 at 9:30 a.m."

"McRobb was not keen to speaking with us. A lawyer (not hers) accompanied her to her truck and she drove off."
https://twitter.com/SunReporterYuen/status/504279623908487168

View attachment 31931

McRobb also said she visited Toronto recently, but has "never been to city hall."

"She did speak with me outside of court before her appearance. Said she has not spoken to both Doug and @TOMayorFord ."

Looks like a monster truck. Expensive to own and operate.

Wasn't she claiming to be broke just a couple of weeks ago? She hasn't worked in months, recently got out of rehab and she drives that behemoth from Bala to Toronto and back. Assuming this isn't her first DUI, her insurance must be outrageous plus it probably costs her $250. just to fill that thing with gas. She sure is living large for someone down on her luck. Maybe she's a trust fund baby, like Rob.

Another day at council, another bundle of Ford

jpags 11:30am via Twitter for iPad
Councillor Ford now says conflict of interest cases against brother Mayor Ford cost close to a million. Earlier Ford said half a million.

All dutifully reported by the City Hall Steno Pool, aka most of the media.

Wasn't she claiming to be broke just a couple of weeks ago? She hasn't worked in months, recently got out of rehab and she drives that behemoth from Bala to Toronto and back. Assuming this isn't her first DUI, her insurance must be outrageous plus it probably costs her $250. just to fill that thing with gas. She sure is living large for someone down on her luck. Maybe she's a trust fund baby, like Rob.

There was also this: "Crown Attorney Ted Carlton said a new charge is also being pursued by authorities. OPP Constable Jessica Drake tells the Moose it’s a charge of Dangerous Driving which was sworn in last week. That charge too stems from the May 20th incident."
http://moosefm.com/cfbks/news/mcrob...-over-until-august-26th/#sthash.0DbXg7yu.dpuf

WARMINGTON
'I want the Jesus in the City parade back on': Mayor Rob Ford
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/26/i-want-the-jesus-in-the-city-parade-back-on-mayor-rob-ford

View attachment 31933

"2-33 against the Fords...LOVE IT!!!"

"...cue angry Ford media scrum in 5...4...3...2...1..."
https://twitter.com/Darth_Pingu/status/504304207101693952

"What I want to talk about today is the abuse of taxpayers' money" Cllr Doug Ford

"You're biased!" Doug Ford to City TV reporter

"Any particular reason the Ford's (Rob & Doug) continue to refer to themselves in the third person? Next up the royal "We"?
https://twitter.com/agalbraith/status/504305928892477441

Last edited:
image.jpg

DoFo's blood pressure must be through the roof. Check out how red his eyes are. Not good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 828
Clr Perks got in a good dig at RoFo in today's meeting.

Integ. Comm. report on Augimeri/Cusimano dust-up:
The Integrity Commissioner recommends that:
1. Council adopt a finding that Councillor Augimeri breached Article XIV of the Code of Conduct.
2. Council adopt the recommendation that no sanction be imposed on Councillor Augimeri.
3. City Council authorize the use of the Council General Expense budget to reimburse the complainant for actual and reasonable costs up to a maximum of $5,000 as provided in s. 11(2) of the Complaint Protocol.

RoFo tries to amend:
2. City Council request that Councillor Augimeri pay the legal expenses incurred by the complainant, an amount not to exceed $5,000 as provided for by the Payment of Costs Provisions of the Complaint Protocol and as determined to be reasonable by the City Solicitor.

Perks quotes from judgement in RoFo's COI appeal, that Council had exceeded its authority by trying to implement punitive measures, and that overstepping is the only reason Rob Ford is allowed to be Mayor today. If RoFo truly believes Augimeri should receive this punishment, then he ought to admit that his own punishment was also correct and he should resign, now. Yay Gordo!

Dense-head Mindless Wrong also tried to amend, so that the reimbursement to Cusimano would come out of Augimeri's office budget. Lost.

(RoFo also lost; recommendations carried without amendment.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back