3.8K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another example of pissing off people. Sorry Dougie, the whole victim routine is old, your refusal to answer direct questions is just the inability to use rational thought. Some would say that does make you a victim, from being a closet elitist.

I'm still trying to figure out what this all means for the current state of Brazen 2.

If TPS had the real goods on Ford already, would they not arrest him rather than subpoena him?

Agreed. Those claiming its an investigative technique forget if lisi falls on his sword and pleads guilty, ford never has to face questions. If the police have something now, they'd arrest and charge him.

anyone else think he looked drugged in that video?

YES!!!

He couldn't focus his eyes, so there was definitely booze in the mix. Likely some downers too. And probably all balanced off with a 5-shot expresso to keep him looking perky.

I have to say though, as someone who has witnessed a many, many 'passing' alcoholics in the workplace and elsewhere, he's really, really good at keeping it together while wasted on the job.

Just watched the City News segment on today's circus at City Hall, and it was master class: a perfect example of how to cover a Rob Ford scrum without ending up as a microphone for his campaign messages.

The segment was heavily edited to focus entirely on the subpoena issue, showing Amanda Ferguson asking several times about the subpoena and him not answering. She noted that he went on to say his campaign points, but the segment didn't broadcast any of his talking points. Instead, it showed clips like the Steak Queen video! It then covered the Doug Ford stuff, showed Bill Blair's statement calling Doug a liar, and finished on Ford getting angry while saying that the subpoena isn't news.

It was awesome. I hope they post it to the site. I'll keep my eye out for it and update with a link if I can. If not, tune in at 11PM. It's so worth it.

Here's the segment: http://www.citynews.ca/2014/08/01/chief-blair-and-doug-ford-engage-in-war-of-words/

I hope all the other TV reporters see this and take notes. Master fucking class.

Agreed. Those claiming its an investigative technique forget if lisi falls on his sword and pleads guilty, ford never has to face questions. If the police have something now, they'd arrest and charge him.

Thank god RoFo is stupid and DoFo is a rager. Hopefully he says dumb shit or has a meltdown and doug has to really do something stupid to cover.

My theory, for what it's worth.

The police tried to quietly serve the subpoena, but the mayor was away on one of his junkets.

This gave the Fords time to leak the news of the pending subpoena to the media, and then blame Blair. Bottom line. Zing. Done. Okay?

The Fords are the leak, not Blair.

i would love for that to be proven!

i.e. i had no idea what the words coming out of my own mouth meant. crazy.

And that makes it clear as day that he's always just been the soldier. Buck up; read this; say this; do this; feel this. Oh no sorry forget that last one (what was I thinking ?)

there were some tweets about hope place in milton, but she tweeted...

View attachment 30757

https://twitter.com/leeeee34/status/494855245768695808

not sure what the 0 AAP part is about but...

http://www.waypointcentre.ca/about_us

eta: if the fords are helping leeanne with this, then maybe lisi would have access? i dunno... i think she meant she wasn't being herself or was drunk tweeting, not that anyone hacked her twitter.

Why is she tweeting this guy her number? She's playing some sort of game.

I think Lisi made the tweet about JT from her phone. Either he took it outright, or just used it for 5 minutes while she went to the bathroom or something. She met with him in Toronto in May and I think it's established that he's been up there to see her since then.

I wonder if AAP is her room extension (spelled out it would be 227). I have no idea why she'd tweet that, though.

Pedro Marques @MetroManTO · 4h
Ford's cross examination at Lisi's trial is going to be a testing bed for pending charges against him. #TOpoli

Pedro Marques @MetroManTO · 3h
Many pointing out s.13 of the Charter. I'm aware of it. Testimony can be used against him in case of perjury. 1/2

Pedro Marques @MetroManTO · 2h
If Ford says one thing in Lisi trial and another in his own trial, it can be used against him. He'll be guilty of perjury. 2/2

I'm surprised no one posted this. Interesting theory MM has and it sounds like a good strategy actually. Hmmmm....

hmmm...

@bertmount Jul 8
My friend told me about #robFord drug deliveries at rehab weeks ago #bala #smalltown

@bertmount 1h
Listening to #robford stories in bala - tons of fun

He is raging. I am shocked that he hasn't had a heart attack. Also, the weight loss is really making the wrinkles pop out and he looks much older now.

I noticed the haggard face too, but I don't think it's the weight loss. I'd bet money he was up late last night getting drunk and high. Besides, he looks like he's regained most of the weight he lost, so I don't think that could be it.

I'm still trying to figure out what this all means for the current state of Brazen 2.

If TPS had the real goods on Ford already, would they not arrest him rather than subpoena him?

One would have to assume that Robbie is the main target; Lisi is link between Traveller an Brazen II, however, I don't think Robbie is the whale in TPS' sights. Think about it, who supplies the Bloods with their narcotics and guns?

If it is the Fords then it is run out of Deco, and extensions in the states, with probable connections to other organizations.

The Sun's article on the subpoena "press conference" today is good for a laugh, if only for the continued entertainment provided by Hotmail Lawyer.

http://m.torontosun.com/2014/08/01/ford-says-subpoena-no-surprise

Ford has repeatedly declined to speak with police investigators and his lawyer Dennis Morris said that won’t change.
“Ford’s not going to be interviewed by the police,” Morris said. “I told the police that from Day 1.”
If he ends up taking the stand at Lisi’s trial next year, it would be the first time Ford will have had to answer questions under oath about Lisi, his alleged interactions with the Dixon City Bloods and his involvement, if any, in trying to recover the crack video.
Morris wasn’t surprised by the upcoming subpoena and suggested this is just another attempt by the police to humiliate Ford.
“There’s not news that they expect they will subpoena the mayor to testify at a friend’s trial,” Morris said. “You could subpoena me but that’s doesn’t mean I have any particular knowledge.

“I’m thinking the subpoena is obviously going to happen some time, they could give it to him or he could come and see them.”
Morris claimed the subpoena is “just another attempt to embarrass the mayor.”
“It’s part and parcel of their case. They are trying to link the mayor in some way, because they don’t have them linked by intercepted phone conversations,” he said. “They have the phone records, but they don’t have A speaking to B in content. That’s my understanding.
“Everything is just a shot in the dark and a hope and a prayer.”

So his position, as a lawyer, is that YES the police know Ford talked to Lisi before he tried to retrieve the video (the one shot by gangsters of Ford smoking crack, eh) etc. but they don't have the recordings and therefore it's just a shot in the dark by investigators to assume that Ford would have any particular knowledge of what went down.

I mean, surely Morris knows Ford is IN THE VIDEO, right? So, it doesn't seem like some wacky investigative hail mary for the police to ask, "Um, what did you talk about on the phone with Sandro?" That's not "a shot in the dark," it's circumstantial evidence that even Encyclopedia Brown would attempt to substantiate by speaking to the two people who had the phone conversation, whether they wanna talk about it or not. (And the fact that he says, "That's my understanding," as if he knows less about it than we do is also impressive. How many times has this guy been caught knowing less than the media? A half dozen times? More?)

I understand the guy has to defend this family of dimwit criminals and maybe this is is some kind of act but has he ever read/heard himself? He just sounds like a moron.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back