Not open for further replies.
via Ari Goldkind's twitter:
https://twitter.com/AriGoldkind/status/495286331946184704
Bt-cSzJIAAArnUj.jpg

from http://www.robfordformayor.ca/accomplishments/

need to add "Toronrot" to thread tags
lroflrofl.gif

Anybody have a live feed?

It was on CP24. It was disgusting. Not surprisingly, he used it as an excuse to talk about councillor expenses. When reporters asked direct Qs about the subpoena, he outright ignored them and kept ranting. He said that the subpoena is not news and he keeps hearing from people he should just "ignore the media," and that's what he did.

I understand, on the one hand, why a media boycott plays into his hands but one of these days they just have to do it, if only for a single event. Or go, but don't go live. It's too insulting to watch.

It was on CP24. It was disgusting. Not surprisingly, he used it as an excuse to talk about councillor expenses. When reporters asked direct Qs about the subpoena, he outright ignored them and kept ranting. He said that the subpoena is not news and he keeps hearing from people he should just "ignore the media," and that's what he did.

I understand, on the one hand, why a media boycott plays into his hands but one of these days they just have to do it, if only for a single event. Or go, but don't go live. It's too insulting to watch.

CityNews Toronto ‏@CityNews 1m
Re. subpoena story: "What you guys are talking about is not news," Mayor Ford tells media, getting heated. "It's news for you guys." #TOpoli

Right, so the subpoena story is not news, except that it is news to reporters, who... generate... the news...?

Anybody have a live feed?

Angry. Flustered. Raised his voice at reporters. Kept pivoting to councillor expenses. Said DoFo's leak remarks were his opinion but refused to elaborate. Implied that the media was interested in the subpoena but the taxpayers of Toronto were not. Then yelled about expenses some more.

Definitely had the affect of a cornered, wounded animal.

angry. Flustered. Raised his voice at reporters. Kept pivoting to councillor expenses. Said dofo's leak remarks were his opinion but refused to elaborate. Implied that the media was interested in the subpoena but the taxpayers of toronto were not. Then yelled about expenses some more.

finish him

Basically, it was typical Ford

What was he talking about with secondary expense accounts for councillors? Is this another imaginary thing?

Someone should have asked him about his vehicle expenses claimed while he was on leave in rehab. Give him a little of the old pot/kettle routine.

Now the past is the past before it`s even passed...

ddale8 3:44pm via Twitter for iPhone
"This is not even news," Mayor Ford says of him being subpoenad in an extortion case related to an apparent crack cocaine video.

It's the same strategy he's been using since that stupid Dufferin road repair announcement last May and it STILL works!

I know the TO media are frustrated too but it's crazy; they are letting themselves be used. When a scandal breaks he calls a presser and they all gather and then he talks about whatever he wants to talk about, ignores them and leaves. And I know they have to be there in case he actually says something but then don't carry it live and when it's nothing, don't run anything after. When you live tweet it or broadcast it etc. etc. he has accomplished his goal. Again.

He could do it again tomorrow - call a press conference and talk about Sugar Beach in front of the whole press gallery - and it would work again. Someone has to make it stop.

(I DO agree it's not news in that I don't know how anyone could have not thought it's inevitable he would get subpoenaed and have to testify. There is no way that wasn't going to happen given that the video is of him, etc. etc.)

How do you use the same word (Infrastructure) twice in a paragraph yet misspell it once?

it's likely typos, not actual misspelling, but clearly no one read it over or even ran a spell-check. I also like "keept" :p

also, having that RoFo for mayor site open f*cked up my computer. Was slow as hell until I closed that tab.

So the Mayor of a major city being subpeonaed in an extortion case involving rampant criminality isn't "real news?" Riii-iiii-iiight.:rolleyes:

I hope he really does get sued rather than getting away with a spineless Fordian apology.

I perfectly understood Daniel Dale's reasons for not wanting to get involved in an ugly, dragged out court case with the malicious pack of brutes known collectively as the Ford family. I wouldn't either. That said, someone with a stronger stomach for such a fight might just turn out to the Fords' worst nightmare. Hypothetically speaking, of course...but isn't it a delightful thought?

So fucking typical of Rofo's schoolyard bully personality; scratch away the thin layer of bluster, and you'll instantly uncover pure chickenshit beneath. He's such a contemptible piece of filth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back