426     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 601     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sugar Beach? That's a weak deflection even by Drug's standards.

APB out tonight for a drunk driver. Approach with caution, he may be carrying McDonald's.

Made me choke on my glass of Russian Prin...um...water!

Rob Ford's Grasp Of The Past

Just Invented The Wheel.jSmallerFinger.jpg

Attachments

• Just Invented The Wheel.jSmallerFinger.jpg
    Just Invented The Wheel.jSmallerFinger.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 750
Just because he's called as a witness doesn't mean he cant be charged in his own right. It just means anything he says can't be used against him in a court of law, which doesn't mean that the police can't use what he said as a source of where to look or what to look at. Not that I'm an expert or anything.

As I understand you have to explicitly invoke the right when testifying.

That's true. But Rubbie isn't a rocket scientist. I can see him spilling when he doesn't even realize he's doing it. And sometimes it isn't even that complicated. Sometimes it's as easy as denying something that's already known to be true. Against a good prosecutor Rubbie doesn't stand a chance! I may be tempted to go with popcorn just to see the pig sweat.

Here's hoping he'll be a private citizen when he takes the stand. No more politics involved.

I hope so too but unless he is in jail or dead I highly doubt that Oct. 27th is the last time we hear from Rob Ford in the political arena.

From what I've read about cases involving Section 13 of the Charter is that it is automatically invoked when a witness is statutorily compelled to tesitify, and even when they are not compelled but could have been compelled. In this case, Ford is going to be subpoenaed and that counts as compelled so as I understand it he will automatically have the quid pro quo of Section 13 apply to his testimony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back