1.7K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 617     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great photo:
... [/QUOTE]

Almost perfect. Almost making TO look good... This needs to be circulated with context, IMO.
---
Regardless of timing, the JimmiT interview looks like a gold mine of RoFo quotes to the sane(r) people around that table.

Corruption!
Lazy!

Etc
Etc
Etc
Etc
Etc
Etc
Etc
Etc
Etc

Why isn't it so simple to "High Road" the POS Mayor. (Mayor, Please answer the question, "before the courts? Why? Aren't you the Chief Magistrate?)

10 RoFQuotes/Claims.
Vs
10 Link/QR/Press Rebuttals.

If people are good with the crack/gangster/etc lyfe, then they are the Keyes constant. Hopeless.

Don't believe this has been posted. ( My apologies if it already has - I'll delete. )

"Ford accuses rivals of failing to answer questions"

Holy shit. I really am stunned every time I hear his psychotic rantings. Seriously.

Not casita, ford ;P

I think Lawrence Tierney would make a great patriarch figure of a fictional family that resembles someone in this saga, not the son. Purely co-incidental of course.

I agree, Scarberian. As you say, "any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental."

As for credentials for a tough-guy role, Tierney played "Dillinger". In real life, he was less like Joe and more like the psychopathic Mr. Blonde in "Reservoir Dogs". He punched out Quentin Tarantino in front of everyone on the set, and was so angry

when he got home that he fired a shotgun into a wall and hit his nephew.

He actually pulled a knife on Jerry Seinfeld and was stabbing at his heart. He said later it was a joke.

Tierney was very intimidating.

View attachment 30612

Holy shit. I really am stunned every time I hear his psychotic rantings. Seriously.

Not casita, ford ;P

What? You don't like MY psychotic rantings? I'm hurt. :D

Last edited:
Great movie. If this Fordlandian saga ever becomes a movie, I hope it's a trilogy. And has elements of the Godfather, Goodfellas, Tommy Boy, The 3 Stooges, and the Keystone Kopps...I'm thinking more along the lines of this actor for that character you're thinking of, the older brother of a fictional mayor, who is also a councilor. He wears a gold chain around his neck, and manages camping matters.

3548835508_acfb41131d.jpg

You've got a good pitch there, sir/madam. As for the actor pictured above, he would have been an excellent 'Doug'. But, sadly Chris Penn passed in 2006 of nonspecific cardiomyopathy.

[/QUOTE]
What? You don't like MY psychotic rantings? I'm hurt. :D[/QUOTE]

I cannot comment on a rant I have not seen or does not exist.

I really think you should step down.

Teehee.

As for the actor pictured above, he would have been an excellent 'Doug'.

With a different haircut, "Nice guy Eddie" would have been great.

Unfortunately, James Caan is now too old. "No selfie for you!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lduR25rDWQU

"Ford also took out all of his money and threw it onto the ground, the officer wrote."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/rob-ford-to-miami-cop-take-me-to-jail-1.876141

not to hijack your thought or anything, but imagine what it must have felt like in the eye of this storm --

Ford Fest: POV from LGBTQ people and supporters

View attachment 30613

Good for Singin' Jimmy.

Last edited:
What pisses me off is the organizers allowed them to get their way. They could have asked the cops to get involved but they didn't. There is absolutely no benefit to having 3 people, including a driver, in that room but as usual, the Fords are allowed to bully their way through.

I myself was halfway anticipating misguided Ford Nationals (Iola et al) demanding to get in the room (were there any lingering outside?)

casita said:
He punched out Quentin Tarantino in front of everyone on the set,

Great! This role will require a few punching scenes and acts of violence.

hper said:
As for the actor pictured above, he would have been an excellent 'Doug'. But, sadly Chris Penn passed in 2006 of nonspecific cardiomyopathy.

Yeah, like you mentioned unfortunately Lawrence Tierney and Chris Penn is no longer around physically to play these roles. I was looking at some older pics of Penn, and his resemblance is amazing. Not to mention his intensity would really make some riveting scenes I think. Ah well, I'm sure Hollywood's brightest will come running to Hollywood North aka Toronto for the production of such film(s?). After all, our merryl himself went to promote the heck out of our city last time he went there.

So on to slightly more serious matters. Is the TL, DR version of Rodofo's reaction to the RR.Donnely basically boils down to:
"We do business with everyone, it's our business, it's my business, so it's none of your business, therefore no conflict. Capiche?"

Did anyone see the campaign manager interview on CP24? Amanda Galbraith went after DoFo, it was pretty great. He just tries to talk over everyone but doesn't really answer or address anything either. He's still claiming they will sue the Globe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back