681     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 361     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 463     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Rob just votes 'No' because of his own personal issues. It's not even as concrete as he's against everything -- remember, he voted no on the Mandela vote just because he wasn't listening -- but rather that he's convinced himself all government is bad, so I vote 'no' on everything. My personal belief is that he thought becoming Mayor would allow him to effectively vote no -- i.e., actually just stop all government like an Ayn Rand character writ large -- and then he became Mayor and realized that it doesn't work that way. Ever since, his substance abuse has been worse as he tries to solve the cognitive dissonance in his head.

The psychologist who 'distance diagnosed' him as having no ability for abstract thought was bang on, IMHO.

And, in an ADMA-like dark twist, I think Ford getting re-elected will almost assuredly kill the man. It'll take about two weeks before he's once again stripped of his powers and this time he wouldn't even get the grace of his first year+ with rookies like Matlow, nor the 'comfort' of his pathetic relationship with his brother. I'd put him on suicide watch election night.

If he wins, I'd put him on tarred-and feathered watch on election night. I really don't think people would stand for it.

View attachment 30549

That must be his "I do what I have to do" face.

If you watch the video (0:55 to 1:25 or so) that still was taken from, you can see RoFo fighting the urge to just wolf it down -- he does move it toward his mouth at one point, then manages to quell the urge briefly.

[video=youtube;45hI7H-JHVg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45hI7H-JHVg[/video]

Poor, teased RoFo!

dog treat.jpg

Attachments

• dog treat.jpg
    dog treat.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 725
Chris Caple
‏@chriscaple
Those cops went into the office quick and with a purpose. Did not hang out in reception, as prior police have sometimes done.

Probably means nothing, but it is still interesting.

I admit to sometimes getting annoyed at the numerous memes, etc. in this thread, but this ^^^^ made me laugh out loud. Thanks :)

#1 -- the Wynne card.

And then there's, "he's great, from what I hear" ....

But WTF does "he doesn't try to put on shirts" mean???? Dude wears a suit with a shirt and tie most of the time ...

I like the guy who just came for the food.

I've always wondered why the Ford supporters bring up Wynne so much?

I've always wondered why the Ford supporters bring up Wynne so much?
It's a deflection. I say "Ford is useless", and since they can't effectively argue against that, they say "why aren't you upset about the Wynne/liberal government"?

Jut because I don't like Ford doesn't mean that I support the Wynne/liberal government, but that's how Ford nation thinks. Or doesn't think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back