News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 468     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently it started with another BlogTO reader named Gwen, who commented:

Maybe the cops are just waiting for a complaint from an Internet busybody before they arrest Ford. And maybe we all should be just a little more wary of Internet busybodies.

Excuse me while I review my last two years of Twitter posts.

She has a point. In this internet age, ANY comment that incites something is just not a good idea. That stuff needs to stay in personal conversations where sarcasm and intonation can be read. It's Poe's law. Well and a little bit Minority Report but as long as people do stoopid things we will have to be regulated more and more. Sad really.

she was having all her meltdowns about Jesus, gays, schools, etc right in front of me

We used to call hysterical hyper-ventilating meltdowns "Sunday Syndrome". At home, after church, in front of the relatives gathered for Sunday dinner. It was always the matriarch of the family.

"Señora calma. Calma."

( Not to imply that is the situation in the example above, as I wasn't there. And, it doesn't mean they are wrong or bad people. It's just that people sometimes allow themselves to get emotional over certain things. Look at some of the soccer fans, for example. )

as Canada man handed out liquor chocolates to all ages in line. lol.

Nothing like chocolate or liquorice cigarettes and alcohol to get the kids started early.

BTW I know who you mean by "Canada man". I wonder what his story is?

Last edited:
The blog post that was referenced gave July 29 as the date .... so of course nothing happened! People are waiting until tomorrow to throw things :)

I noticed that, too! The Fords initially said FF was on the 29th but someone must have looked at a calendar and realized that was a Tuesday.

We used to call hysterical hyper-ventilating meltdowns "Sunday Syndrome". At home, after church, in front of the relatives gathered for Sunday dinner. It was always the matriarch of the family.

"Señora calma. Calma."

( Not to imply that is the situation in the example above, as I wasn't there. )

Nothing like chocolate or liquorice cigarettes and alcohol to get the kids started early.

BTW I know who you mean by "Canada man". I wonder what his story is?

BAHAHAHA I totally had the Consuela voice in my head as I read that. And yeah pretty much. I had posted a few pages back that she had gotten into it with another Ford supporter who was with her and chanting YEAH! until she said the gay slurs and that the Catholics are being oppressed. Then they started yelling at each other about the Pope.

It was so funny to see them agree then morph into splinter enemies. At a high volume. Which explains my IPOD thing. I can read lips so listening to Sunday, Bloody, Sunday and watching them yell was a real hoot and a half.

and yeah Canada man was at the Clinton thing. But he had the run of the place. It was weird. Toronto's finest. He is a pretty calm dude though it seemed. And the number of people claiming to be also former addicts may have been sideswiped by the "innocuous" chocolates lol.

Ah humans.

and yeah Canada man was at the Clinton thing. But he had the run of the place. It was weird. Toronto's finest. He is a pretty calm dude though it seemed. And the number of people claiming to be also former addicts may have been sideswiped by the "innocuous" chocolates lol.

Ah humans.

I had the good fortune to be on the honour guard for a few of the Afganistan repatriations to the former Coroner's Office on Grenville before I retired. From what I understand, he was always there. Regardless of the weather. And from what I saw, he was always, quiet, respectful and well-behaved.

Last edited:
And yet, he have absolutely no qualms about claiming how all the cranes in the sky are his doing. I don't see that many out in Ward 2.

AoD

The hypocrisy is staggering.

The one that really, really, really got to me was Ford showing up last week to open the Reading Sprouts Garden after SPECIFICALLY voting against it.

Here's Mayor Hypocrite lone voting against it (known then as 77 Whitbread):
http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2012.EX19.8

Here's Mayor Hypocrite cutting the ribbon:
BteivjkCMAI-_YU.jpg

https://twitter.com/TOMayorFord/status/493041622209142784

Attachments

• BteivjkCMAI-_YU.jpg
    BteivjkCMAI-_YU.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 910
Thanks. I don't mind Iola or Canada guy, but that friggin' snake. I am a terrified of them!

I am terrified of snakes too, I can't go camping since I woke up with one in my sleeping bag as a kid. I also had a kid throw one at me. I would probably push an old person or a kid to get away from one if I had too.

Last edited:
not charging the bigot who put his hands on the rainbow-flag-draped protester

video clearly shows it was a fleeting touch, not a choke, and all of those involved have decided no charges should be laid

it only looks bad on TPS to someone who has a real hard-on against TPS, if you`ll pardon the jargon

It is still assault if they wanted to press charges.

Thanks. I don't mind Iola or Canada guy, but that friggin' snake. I am a terrified of them!

I am terrified of snakes too, I can't go camping since I woke up with one in my sleeping bag as a kid. I also had a kid throw one at me. I would probably push an old person or a kid to get away from one if I had too.

Several years ago, I was in Orillia for Canada Day and had a huge snake on my shoulders. It probably weighed 30 pounds and was quite long. I want to do that again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back