1.9K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 773     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Crack smoking mayor hosts illegal event in park; opponent crashes party riding a horse."

Amazing what happens in the span of 15 months.

Informer?

If only someone would.

as yes... how did i forget to include that?!?

What's up man, hey, yo, what's up?
Yeah, what's goin' on here?
Sick an' tired of five, oh, runnin' up on the block here
You know what I'm sayin'
Yo, Snow, they came around here lookin' for you the other day
Word, word, bust it
Informer you no say daddy me Snow me I'll go blame
A licky boom, boom down
Detective mon said daddy me Snow me stab someone down the lane
A licky boom, boom down

[...]

Police knock my door, lick up my pal
Rough me up and I can't do a thing
Pick up my line when my telephone ring
Take me to the station black up my hands
Trail me down cause I'm hanging with the Snowman
What I'm gonna do? I'm backed and I'm trapped
Slap me in the face and took all of my gap
They have no clues and they wanna get warmer
But Shan won't turn informer

The song is based on a separate 1989 incident when Snow was charged with two counts of attempted murder.[3] At the time, he was detained for a year in Toronto before the charges were reduced to aggravated assault, and he was eventually acquitted and freed.[3]

In a 1999 interview, he referred to his criminal history as "a couple of bar fights."[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informer_(song)

Did Doug Ford gain the weight that Rob lost? It looks like it, from that pic.

i said the same thing when i saw this picture about 2 weeks ago...

10483323_1535188013376374_2121748326_n.jpg

http://www.vinevideoviewer.com/p/764059674313129113_8577206

Attachments

• 10483323_1535188013376374_2121748326_n.jpg
    10483323_1535188013376374_2121748326_n.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 676
No kidding he's not a vegetarian, but I find it funny that he clings to that obvious lie. Unless he's an ice cream-atarian or something.

You can get large not eating meat, by eating crap food. And there might just be a gene in there somewhere...

This kind of ground game can still matter.

In muni politics, it's all that matters. Mainstream, 'Brand' politics is pretty ineffective with the $ available to candidates, especially in absence of a party system here in T.O.. That said...

I STILL feel that other mayors and councillors should do more of this -- not on the Ford scale, where it's pretty much all he does & so that he doesn't have time to show up to Waterfront TO meetings or other things he's supposed to be doing -- but it's good to show your face in your ward for 'little things' now and then, not just speak on TV from City Hall or some expensive Board of Trade dinner or conference.

Ford actually has a 'brand'. Based in his effectiveness at retail politics. He got there first. Anybody else who showed up in a similar capacity would a) confirm that this is meaningful and what candidates ought to do, b) Be perceived as just paying lip service, c) Ford does it better. Other candidates would be seen and/or painted as 'opportunists', where Ford owns the Coca-Cola 'real thing' position

Like it or not, Ford has built a brand within the ridiculous confines of municipal politics. The three legs of the Ford stool are 1) anti-waste, 2) seeing to be where he's needed and 3) victimhood (with all the attendant paranoia and conspiracy-mongering associated with it).

Each leg of this stool has to be systematically torn off, refuted sharply and and launched with a siege engine back into the dark, fat heart of his 'brand'.

She's so weird. What is the point of the horse?!?

White horses (which are rarer than other colours of horse) have a special significance in the mythologies of cultures around the world. They are often associated with the sun chariot,[1] with warrior-heroes, with fertility (in both mare and stallion manifestations), or with an end-of-time saviour, but other interpretations exist as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_horse_(mythology)

white horse
Heroin. As contrasted with white pony, slang for cocaine, in the 1983 pop hit "White Horse" by music group "Laid Back".
"If you want to ride, don't ride the white horse."

"The TV Show 'Twin Peaks' used a white horse to symbolize heroin addiction."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=white horse

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back