78     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 266     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.8K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on the internet, but who has surgery for a baby toe unless it's some terrible compound fracture/cut? I've broken my baby toe a few times, and while it hurts like hell, as I remember they just iced it and I hopped for a bit.

I'm not a doctor either, but I would think that in addition to the above-listed traumas, unless your toe has turned a funny colour and/or is sticking out in a bizarre direction, you just ice it, rest/elevate, take Tylenol/Advil and maybe tape it to its neighbour (buddy taping) and it should fix itself in a couple of weeks or so. What possible kind of surgery could a baby toe require that you could elect to have now or several months later when it has likely healed itself?

Don Peat's article on Ford's broken toe: http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/17/mayor-rob-ford-delays-toe-surgery-until-after-election

It's pretty decent.

This comment on the story is amazing.

Screen Shot 2014-07-17 at 3.41.29 PM.jpg

eta: I was pretty certain that doctors didn't do anything to fix broken toes these days? Surgery that can wait for MONTHS for a baby toe injury? Just not buying it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-17 at 3.41.29 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-07-17 at 3.41.29 PM.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 1,236
Last edited:
I'm not a doctor either, but I would think that in addition to the above-listed traumas, unless your toe has turned a funny colour and/or is sticking out in a bizarre direction, you just ice it, rest/elevate, take Tylenol/Advil and maybe tape it to its neighbour (buddy taping) and it should fix itself in a couple of weeks or so. What possible kind of surgery could a baby toe require that you could elect to have now or several months later when it has likely healed itself?

Also not a doctor, but I imagine that if one's head is stuffed far enough up one's ass that one's other body parts are affected it could get cramped in there. A baby toe in breach position could get painful.

Kevin Donovan has asked this person to contact him. The article was a Toronto Star piece on Rob Ford losing his sobriety coach and I screen capped this from the comments:
View attachment 30131

I tried to to get back to copy the URL, but got lost in the Internet :(

a few pages back, but didn't someone else tweet that they saw Ford driving around that neighbourhood late at night?

Well, he did tweet that Ford was in contact with Lisi during rehab - and LeeAnn told the Sun that she met Lisi in connection with picking up the Escalade from Ford's driveway.

I just went through his tweets and replies and there's nothing I can see about Lisi being in contact with Ford. So he either deleted it or mentioned it somewhere else.

Don Peat's article on Ford's broken toe: http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/17/mayor-rob-ford-delays-toe-surgery-until-after-election

It's pretty decent.

This comment on the story is amazing.

View attachment 30135

eta: I was pretty certain that doctors didn't do anything to fix broken toes these days? Surgery that can wait for MONTHS for a baby toe injury? Just not buying it.

at least one doc on twitter is calling bs. A broken toe would heal by the time an election came about

I just went through his tweets and replies and there's nothing I can see about Lisi being in contact with Ford. So he either deleted it or mentioned it somewhere else.

No I remember seeing it too - on the twitter. It was like "you think he hasn't been in contact with lisi? Think again" sort of thing

a few pages back, but didn't someone else tweet that they saw Ford driving around that neighbourhood late at night?

Yes. Someone tweeted that he saw Ford driving in the area last night. It seems that "uh huh" means 15 Dixon Road.

Screen Shot 2014-07-17 at 3.55.05 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-17 at 3.55.05 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-07-17 at 3.55.05 PM.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 812
No I remember seeing it too - on the twitter. It was like "you think he hasn't been in contact with lisi? Think again" sort of thing

Yes. I screen capped that tweet and posted it here. Just checked JimmiT's twitter timeline and that tweet hss been deleted.

Yep. A few years ago I stubbed my toe quite badly - half my foot was bruised, the toe itself was disturbingly swollen and even more bruised - but when I called Telehealth Ontario, they advised that while it was probably at least fractured, if it wasn't sticking out at a weird angle, there was probably no point in going to a doctor. I can't imagine what kind of damage Ford could have that would require surgery, whether next week or three months from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back