174     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 437     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope you definitely are not alone in that thinking Lucinda. The worst is someone having a cursory look will misinterpret the slags as part of the protest and not his worship's record. It won't be an effective poster if you can't get your message across clearly and require someone with background knowledge of the situation to "get it".

AoD

Last edited:
The interview was in English. Only the commentary before and after was in Cantonese. And probably not worth translating as it was the typical fluff stuff, inoffensive and solicitous.........and therefore infuriating!:)

Oh the commentary during the interview is just as much BS - like saying (and I am paraphrasing from what I remember of the interview) - "Mayor Ford looking visibly thinner and healthier...we ask him about what his daily menu is". What a crock. I am glad they are getting all the negative exposure now.

AoD

I dunno why but I feel compelled to post whenever this happens:

Scott Scowshter @kensingtoncat · 22m
@robfordmustgo Two TPS officers into the office.

Scott Scowshter @kensingtoncat · 10m
@robfordmustgo TPS departs after @ 15 minutes, no comments to cameras. Jacobs and Massoudi, but still no coach.

Mayor with the most police visits EVER!

AoD

Mayor with the most police visits EVER!

AoD

I'm always sure it's not going to be "The Big One" but I still can't help monitoring. Sounds like it's over already.

ETA:
Natalie Johnson ‏@NatalieCTV 5m
Two police officers are in Rob Ford's office investigating a threat against the Mayor.

Last edited:
I'd say both.

Driving along the Gardiner all the time? Sure. Wall of condos, yes - that prevents you from seeing the waterfront! I don't imagine he makes more of an effort to see it than that. He can't comment on a waterfront revitalization that he cannot be bothered to look at and which therefore does not exist.
Apparently Rob has no problem commenting on a waterfront revitalization that he has never seen or does not exist.

I dunno why but I feel compelled to post whenever this happens:

Scott Scowshter @kensingtoncat · 22m
@robfordmustgo Two TPS officers into the office.

Scott Scowshter @kensingtoncat · 10m
@robfordmustgo TPS departs after @ 15 minutes, no comments to cameras. Jacobs and Massoudi, but still no coach.

Apparently he had death threats.

This likely means that a big story is brewing. These are the types of tricks Doug and Rob get up to after a media outlet contacts them before printing a bombshell.

I'm always sure it's not going to be "The Big One" but I still can't help monitoring. Sounds like it's over already.

ETA:
Two police officers are in Rob Ford's office investigating a threat against the Mayor.

Sounds like a new story is coming or Rob is looking for a reason to skip tonight's debate.

Nanga def ‏@artsyTrish 5m
@normwilner @robfordmustgo Mayor's Office just setting up a talking point for tonight's Debate. Oh my, poor Robbie gets threats! #TOpoli

Apparently Rob has no problem commenting on a waterfront revitalization that he has never seen or does not exist.

That's exactly what I was alluding to with 'cannot be bothered to look at and which therefore does not exist'.

The logical sequel to this is that when he does bother to look, he sees things that have been there for quite some time already and is convinced they were surreptitiously placed there in his absence, recently and at great expense to the taxpayer, any taxpayer. Intangible, unsubstantiated gravy.

I get it, there's a negative FoFam story coming outwithin 48 hours. For a stupouring crackhead Mayor, they sure are predictable.
"Folks, the Lefties, The Lefties are out, out to get my Familia. But, we will not, will not stand for this in-Tim-dation, gobless Ford Nation!!!"

Last edited:
Or maybe this is supposed to tie in with with Olivia Chow's anti-handgun announcement and Blob's widely mocked babbling about "supporting the police"? So many possibilities.

With all of his shady ties that he supposedly left behind, it is no wonder that there are threats against him!

You're nuts. There is no threat. Never has been.

If the boogeymen wanted to get the Best Mayor Ever, they already would have, 100 times over. Some easy ways: "bad" hard drugs that OD him, robbery gone wrong in an alley in one of his stupors, cause a drunk driving crash, etc etc.
The only people "calling in threats" is the FoFam, if actual calls were ever placed, which I highly doubt.

Screenshot 2014-07-15 10.19.49.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-07-15 10.19.49.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-07-15 10.19.49.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 767
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back