5.6K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 776     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not liking the Leeanne baiting that's underway on Twitter, from one poster in particular. She's not understood the risks of being a Ford pal - and doubtless soon to be unceremoniously dumped. She's blabbed a lot to the media which some might say means she's fair game. But it's nasty to go after her like this.

Tks for saying that. It is nasty and mean to go after her and they shouldn't be baiting her - I have read her and really it's uncomfortable. IMO She made foolish choices and perhaps is a bit star struck ( gosh only knows why :rolleyes:) I believe in the old "you made your own bed and have to lie in it...." but clearly she's in way over her head, with a cast of unsavoury characters, and you're right - probably dropped like a hot potato.

Last edited:
Tks for saying that. It is nasty and mean to go after her and they shouldn't be baiting her - I have read her and really it's uncomfortable. IMO She made make foolish choices and perhaps is a bit star struck ( gosh only knows why :rolleyes:) I believe in the old "you made your own bed and have to lie in it...." but clearly she's in way over her head, with a cast of unsavoury characters, and you're right - probably dropped like a hot potato.
IMO she's not being baited at all. She knows exactly what she's doing, she's trying to extend her 15 minutes. She was a convenience for Rob, it wasn't ever going to be more than a summer camp fling.

A rant.

Went out for dinner last night on Danforth. My partner, myself, and a good friend. We chose a Greek establishment on the north side, with the windows opened to the sidewalk cafe. Bad choice.

My view was oriented toward the sidewalks, but I had a partial view of two tv sets inside the restaurant, both tuned to CP24. That is one of the stations that kisses Ford's ass, I don't need to tell you guys that part. It gets worse. Underneath Ford's fat face on the tv set was a caption to the effect of "Mayor Inks Gas Tax Deal For Transit" -- implying that Ford spearheaded the deal. False info or what?

Bad enough having what should have been a nice night out wrecked just by seeing Ford's fat, fucking ugly, unbecoming-in-the-extreme person showing on that bloody monitor -- why do restaurants feel that they have to have bloody tv sets on anyway? For the staff, I presume. Worse, having Ford on repeat, by a servile news channel - that proved over the top for me and I got quite upset. I started to recite Ford's really long rap sheet. I don't think my company appreciated the situation any more than I did.

Well, the waitress was as dumb as a sack of hammers, the food was either too cool (in my case) or too hot (for my partner) or tasteless (for our friend). They brought each dinner when it was damn good and ready, not all in unison as should be; I was served waaaay earlier than my company was. Stupid stuff. If I can remember the name of the joint I'll post a scathing review in another thread.

It's been my observation that certain restaurants on Danforth don't really care about creating a comfortable environment. I consoled myself by watching several gloriously hunky guys walking by, but that just wasn't enough.

Last edited:
IMO she's not being baited at all. She knows exactly what she's doing, she's trying to extend her 15 minutes. She was a convenience for Rob, it wasn't ever going to be more than a summer camp fling.

I agree. I think she can hold her own amongst the shady characters in RoFoland. The simple northern gal is just a smokescreen for someone well versed in shady dealings.

I'm not liking the Leeanne baiting that's underway on Twitter, from one poster in particular. She's not understood the risks of being a Ford pal - and doubtless soon to be unceremoniously dumped. She's blabbed a lot to the media which some might say means she's fair game. But it's nasty to go after her like this.

I don't know--when you say things like "Rhonda---sounds like a fat name" I think you're sort of asking for it.

^ that line was posted by Becky_BuckyBees.

Added to by tomedic99: "Hmm, I was wondering what that call for a car vs fence was earlier. If true, wow."
http://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/259pwl/rob_ford_flees_rehab_drives_over_grass_field/chf3au4

( tomedic99 and dufferinmedic are two different people. Both seem well informed on emergency operations. )

I don't know--when you say things like "Rhonda---sounds like a fat name" I think you're sort of asking for it.

Rhonda is a beautiful name.

"A nice,down to earth,good looking woman. She is one in billion. She is a crazy girl in all the right ways. The most beautiful wife a guy could ever have. No one tops her.

Rhonda is so awesome. I wish I could have a girl like her. If I could have her it would be like winning the lottery."
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Rhonda

Last edited:
I agree. I think she can hold her own amongst the shady characters in RoFoland. The simple northern gal is just a smokescreen for someone well versed in shady dealings.

I find it funny that she may be the most vacuous character in this shit show.

Dougie Jr. just might have premiered his telling of the truth to the Media that he had never met McRob... Or she had already prepared a fee schedule to FoFam.

Not talk: a billion dollars
Only say good things: $10,000
Try to say good things (mostly, but still really hard): $9500
Get ignored, talk to Media: free
Change story:$5000
Clarify comment:$3500
Not provide intimate "video/and or photographs": priceless

http://maytree.com/spotlight/votes-...ies-significant-variations-voter-turnout.html

“Who votes in Toronto municipal elections?” New research identifies significant variations in voter turnout

[extract:]

Key findings reveal that:

• Toronto’s wards and neighbourhoods vary considerably in demographic composition and voter turnout.
  • Areas with the lowest voter turnouts are found in the pre-amalgamation municipalities of Etobicoke, North York, Scarborough and York.
  • There was no correlation found between voter turnout and an area’s proportion of tenants or homeowners. Wards and neighbourhoods with high percentage of renters have similar voting rates as areas with high concentrations of homeowners.
  • Low areas of voter turnout typically have high concentrations of immigrant and visible minority population, indicating a systemic problem.
  • There are notable exceptions to these patterns that indicate how change is possible.
  • Strong ward and neighbourhood based campaigns can raise voter participation in areas typically associated with low turnout.

The web site page for this contains more summaries plus links to pdf copies of the full info and a video of the prof walking through the data and findings. (I have not looked through all of it myself, but it struck me as something that a number of UTers would find to be worth a full read.)

Last edited:
She IS trying to extend her 15 mins, she is a flake, she isn't too bright, she is attention seeking, she is really perpetuating the small town flooze, "toots" or "tits mcgee" image, she clearly does stupid things - really the interview and phone call with the Sun, what the hell was she thinking but.... what's wrong with a little tolerance, kindness, or clicking the ignore button. (not necessarily here but other places in the media)

When I theories of a relationship, future Mrs F, etc etc etc.. people have gone way over the top. Enough with them all slut shaming , trashing the woman, dumping all the labels on her ..no one is that bad if she did willingly seek out and befriend Ford.

edit: * ok this was in reply to a post. I am not going to go back to find it or try and redo it (typing is hell for m :p) Just adding my opinion but also wanted to say Thanks to ut as this is my cup of tea, just before bed reading...who needs the TV and those reality shows. Enjoy it. . Tks :cool:

Last edited:
Well, it does seem Joe wants to extend her 15 minutes . . .

leeeee34

leeeee34: You have something to say 4:51pm, Jul 11 from Twitter for iPhone
joe_wormington

joe_wormington: @leeeee34 Hi Could you elaborate on this? Twitter is a wonderful instant platform for having things said. Hope all is well out there. #sl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back