News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 770     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alert: this is a Sun link
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2014/07/20140712-073924.html

Rob Ford's sister's ex charged after cops called to mayor's home

7:39 am, July 12th, 2014
DON PEAT | QMI AGENCY

TORONTO — An early-morning incident at Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's house has led to threatening death and drug charges for the former common-law husband of Ford's sister.

The man was arrested in Mississauga after cops were called to Ford's Toronto home Wednesday at 8:30 a.m.

Scott MacIntyre, 45, of no fixed address, is charged with forcible entry, two counts of threatening death, possession of heroin and possession of cocaine.

MacIntyre was Ford's sister Kathy's live-in boyfriend in 2005 when he was charged with weapons and drugs offences after she was accidentally shot at the Ford family home.

Wednesday's incident started when police received a call about a suspicious vehicle near Ford’s house.

They arrived at Ford's house after receiving a threatening death call at 8:36 a.m.

Ford told reporters outside his home that he couldn't get into much detail about what happened.

"I had an unwanted visitor this morning. I'm all right and the kids are all right," he said.

Ford said the incident happened "pretty quick."

Asked if the incident will prompt him to get a security detail, Ford shrugged.

"I can take care of myself," he said.

Ford's brother, Coun. Doug Ford, said he couldn't comment much more on the security breach due to the ongoing police investigation.

"The mayor is fine, his family is fine," Ford said. "There was a security breach; it is not the first time and

I'm sure it is not going to be the last time."

Asked if the matter related to the brothers' sister, Ford said he couldn't provide any further information.

The mayor's office released a statement stressing the mayor and his family were not harmed.

— Files from Rob Lamberti and Kevin Connor

LeeAnne ‏@leeeee34 4h
@rofopho @Collyw0bbles Rhonda which sounds like an overweight name keep your mind and your thoughts to yourself !!! Thanks

Wow. First, she was weirdly tweeting herself, and then she was insulting random people who were trying to look out for her.
She sounds like RoFo's kind of person.

Alert: this is a Sun link
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2014/07/20140712-073924.html

Rob Ford's sister's ex charged after cops called to mayor's home

7:39 am, July 12th, 2014
DON PEAT | QMI AGENCY

TORONTO — An early-morning incident at Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's house has led to threatening death and drug charges for the former common-law husband of Ford's sister.

The man was arrested in Mississauga after cops were called to Ford's Toronto home Wednesday at 8:30 a.m.

Scott MacIntyre, 45, of no fixed address, is charged with forcible entry, two counts of threatening death, possession of heroin and possession of cocaine.

I'm confused. This seems like the original story when Scott broke in, but it's dated today. Is this a new "threat" or an old story?

EDA: People on Twitter are checking with Don Peat - looks like old story

Last edited by a moderator:
Don Peat just said it *is* the old story, I was having the same daja vu, too...

Wtf? Why is it being reposted by the Sun? Notice Renata wasn't mentioned? Rob can take care of himself but doesn't mention taking care of his kids?

I'm confused. This seems like the original story when Scott broke in, but it's dated today. Is this a new "threat" or an old story?

EDA: People on Twitter are checking with Don Peat - looks like old story

You're right. He confirmed it.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 12m
@normwilner That is an old story. Don't know why it was posted. @postshaggy @YYZMarc @SunNewsNetwork

This site is responsible for copyright infringement, not the user. Meaning a source would sue the owners of UT for allowing copyright laws to be broken. This site is too important to ignore rules and do whatever you want. Respect the copyright rules and post a paragraph with a link source.

So, is the translation: "Don't post the whole article, just post a paragraph"?

Considering people in Mississauga can't vote for him.....
They can if they own or rent property in Toronto.

You can vote in Toronto’s municipal election if you are:
a Canadian citizen; and
at least 18 years old; and
a resident in the City of Toronto; or
a non-resident of the City of Toronto, but you or your spouse own or rent property in the City; and
not prohibited from voting under any law
http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/c...nnel=6092c36902f5d310VgnVCM1000006cd60f89RCRD

good lord - Leanne's Twitter feed is full-on crazy town. She looks like a loose cannon, and another weak link in the Ford chain. Definitely curious to see how this story plays out in the coming weeks, but I don't predict good things.

good lord - Leanne's Twitter feed is full-on crazy town. She looks like a loose cannon, and another weak link in the Ford chain. Definitely curious to see how this story plays out in the coming weeks, but I don't predict good things.

I'm not liking the Leeanne baiting that's underway on Twitter, from one poster in particular. She's not understood the risks of being a Ford pal - and doubtless soon to be unceremoniously dumped. She's blabbed a lot to the media which some might say means she's fair game. But it's nasty to go after her like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back