753     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.6K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
And weren't the usual voices sympathetic to Ford all claiming initially that he was being oh-so cooperative and helpful to the other patients there? I figured that was obvious nonsense, but even so, as much as I despise the man, I didn't automatically assume the exact opposite was the case. It just wouldn't work in his favor to be disruptive, or a bullying asshole; it would likely come back to bite him in his gigantic ass, in point of fact. But he just couldn't help himself. Ye Gods.

Yes, remember he single-handedly cured a major sports figure and a captain of industry!

Too high to help? Interesting FOI from the July 2013 storm...

reporterdonpeat 11:23am via Hootsuite
“The mayor is not available" Rob Ford's staff to @stephaniesmyth at 10 p.m. the night of the July 2013 storm. http://ow.ly/yXwiv

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I feel less... rage-y... when Parker is in the speaker's chair.

Also, I was amused to see him ask the Integrity Commissioner whether she would be willing to vet Rob's apology for sincerity.

Last edited:
I can't quite put my finger on it, but I feel less... rage-y... when Parker is in the speaker's chair.
Yes, Parker - the Deputy Speaker - may be right wing but is clearly a civilised man (or manages to appear so) and does have a calming effect while Frances Nuntziana - the Speaker - is not cut from the same cloth (to be kind).

And now Leiper was asked to define an apology. My wife just quipped that we have already taught that to our 3 year old.

Shelley Carroll on whether or not she ever lies about other councillors: "I've never gone on twitter and said (Rofo) hasn't smoked crack"

I like Shelley Carroll. She's got that great mischievous imp side to her, like she's poking fun at Ford or trolling him ever so slightly.

Vote on apology won't happen now till after lunch. Possible fake apology after that...

JProskowGlobal 12:07pm via Web
Going on 90 minutes that council has spent debating whether Mayor Ford should apologize for robocalls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back