356     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 492     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
CBC News just said that the Integrity Commissioner is recommending maximum penalty - 3-months salary withheld.

So, this is the "maximum" "penalty," is it? Shouldn't something like this involve, oh, say, being chucked out of City Hall permanently? Losing his position, and being barred from running again for any kind of public office? Maybe some jail time? A monetary fine that goes well beyond a mere 3 months salary?

Who the fuck came up with these so-called laws and the supposed penalties that come from violating them? Anne of Green Gables? The Lollypop Guild from Munchkin Town? Betty Crocker? Rebbeca of Sunnybrook Farm?

So, this is the "maximum" "penalty," is it? Shouldn't something like this involve, oh, say, being chucked out of City Hall permanently? Losing his position, and being barred from running again for any kind of public office? Maybe some jail time? A monetary fine that goes well beyond a mere 3 months salary?

Who the fuck came up with these so-called laws and the supposed penalties that come from violating them? Anne of Green Gables? The Lollypop Guild from Munchkin Town? Betty Crocker? Rebbeca of Sunnybrook Farm?

Beautifully said !!!

Time to start ratcheting up the pressure. Email/tweet the organizers of your local community events. Ask them to publicly declare that Rob Ford does not represent your community's values and is not welcome. A few examples:

Taste of Lawrence:
Website: www.wexfordbia.ca/item/62-taste-of-lawrence-2014-july-4-5-and-6th
Email: bruce@sphereentertainment.ca

South Asia Calling
Website: www.harbourfrontcentre.com/summer/southasiacalling/
Email: info@harbourfrontcentre.com
Phone: 416-973-4000

WE ARE PAN AM: One-Year Countdown to the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am Games
Email: michael.sangiuliano@toronto2015.org
Phone: 416-957-2142

BIG on Bloor Festival
Email: dougal@dougalco.com
Phone: 416-645-0295

Beaches International Jazz Festival
Email: infobeachesjazz@rogers.com
Phone: 416-698-2152

Scotiabank Caribbean Carnival
Email: info@torontocaribbeancarnival.com
Phone: 416-391-5608

Krinos Taste of the Danforth
Email: info@tasteofthedanforth.com
Phone: 416-469-5634

Re: Rob Ford's attendance at this year's XXXXXXXXXXX

Dear XXXXXXX,

I am writing to ask that you publicly declare that Mayor Rob Ford will not be invited to participate in the 2014 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX under any official capacity.

Mr. Ford is a serial liar, a drug and alcohol abuser, a racist and a homophobe. He misuses public tax dollars and leverages the Office of the Mayor to promote his private business interests. He makes disparaging comments about women and frequently appears drunk in public. He is a terrible role model for children. In the three years he has been mayor, Rob Ford has done absolutely nothing to help build our community.

As recent Canada Day events have shown, Rob Ford is a disruptive presence at any public activity. He is an unwelcome distraction who adds no value. He becomes the story, not the event. Our merchants and residents deserve better.

This action is not without precedent. The Santa Claus Parade and Toronto Argonauts are two organizations who have publicly distanced themselves from the mayor. Please show the same leadership. I recognize that this is a sensitive topic given Mr. Ford's elected office, but our community should demonstrate that we will not accept such behaviour from anyone.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
XXXXX XXXXX

It came across to me as more a random word salad than anything else, similar to that time when he referred to young black men with "their hats on and their little funny signs". It certainly sounds racist and is also oddly specific, but I at least am unaware of any stereotype about black people (young men or otherwise) carrying little funny signs.

I wonder if DoFo was referring to the habit some young black men have of leaving the price tags or brand labels bobbing up and down on those plastic cables that attach them to the hats? I.e., worn exactly as found on the store rack, as a "fashion statement."

I was going to post something similar this morning. The attitude towards him has definitely changed. The 8 weeks in spahab helped the city more than Ford. We once again saw what a city is supposed to be like. There shouldn`t be news reports every day on what the Mayor did or said the night before.

If this keeps up (and in combination with his inevitable `relapse`) I don`t think he`ll get more votes than Socknacki by the end of it, assuming he`s still in the race.

What really cracks me up, he and Thug had 8 weeks to come up with answers to the tough questions he`s dodging, and they still got nothing.

At first I was worried that outbursts like Killorans may backfire (Ford could try to use their persecution complex - similar to the media excuse) But, it`s what`s needed now. He has to hear from the people that he`s no longer tolerated to even show up to events. Also, the media`s doing a much better job this time, not really focusing on the drinking, but on the racism and misogyny.

I think one thing that's happened is that people have become aware that Ford Nation is a dying beast and aren't afraid of them anymore. Previously, I think many people probably felt that if they booed Ford or were openly disrespectful, one of his brain-damaged supporters would violently attack them. Now that the sane people know they have the numbers on their side, they're much more willing to aggressively shout Ford down.

This thing with Mammo... does it rise to the level of being criminal? It sounds like fraud or something.

would love to see him frogmarched out of CH in handcuffs! :D

It totally sounds criminal, but I suppose that's an issue for the police. I do love the idea of cheapskate Mammo getting pinched for three months' pay. Since he's in debt anyway, that's really going to hurt him.

Although i should also say that the guy seems to be really mentally unstable, and someone should be watching out for him to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid. I'd actually be more concerned about Mammo being a suicide risk than Ford.

[video=youtube;-sbFhOeqTzY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sbFhOeqTzY[/video]

john lancaster ‏@jlancasterCBC 14m
Lawyer who filed complaint against Cllr Mammoliti over improper fundraiser tells CBC, he will also file complaint with police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back