110     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 720     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 616     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, after 4 months of campaigning John's treading water behind a candidate in "rehab" so I don't imagine there is much joy in the Tory camp. If anyone pulls a Hail Mary, such as an unseen video just prior to Election Day, then look for it to come from there.

I feel bad for Tory. This would be his, what, fourth loss? That's gonna hurt. After listening to his radio show for a few years I think he'd be an excellent mayor. Good combo of progressive values, business savvy and he truly loves the city!

Last edited:
This is just ridiculous.
I agree it's ridiculous that Ford could have been nailed on many occasions for drunk driving and drug possession but the police let him go because...reasons.

I feel bad for Tory. This would be his, what, fourth loss? That's gonna hurt. After listening to his radio show for a few years I think he'd be an excellent mayor. Good combo of progressive values, business savvy and he truly loves the city!
I feel bad for Soknaki, he's floated some really good ideas but can't get any traction. He's our closest analogue to Calgary's mayor Nenshi.

I agree it's ridiculous that Ford could have been nailed on many occasions for drunk driving and drug possession but the police let him go because...reasons.

I feel bad for Soknaki, he's floated some really good ideas but can't get any traction. He's our closest analogue to Calgary's mayor Nenshi.

Nice job quoting out of context.

In terms of the police investigation, my sources say the same thing as Metro Man's been saying. They believe cops are waiting on one last key piece of info, probably a digital file.

Can I interpret this as meaning the police don't 'currently' have enough to charge Ford with and they are hoping to discover something damning as they finish going through the digital files? Or do the police know what they are looking for & expect to find it?

Thanks for all your insight - as always!

Can I interpret this as meaning the police don't 'currently' have enough to charge Ford with and they are hoping to discover something damning as they finish going through the digital files? Or do the police know what they are looking for & expect to find it?

Thanks for all your insight - as always!

I'm told, like with the first extortion charge, that recovering these files is key to making an arrest (I'm not exactly sure what he could be charged with). It's possible they've already found what they're looking for and they're waiting for Ford to return from rehab. It's also possible that my info is wrong--it has been before, even though my sources are good. Sorry I don't have more specific info.

Just a quick footnote to the resurrected Timmie's conjecture:

I believe both Cayla AND the Timmie's spox. I don't believe Timmie's ever came out directly saying RoFo was NOT there that morning, only verified that DoFo WAS there. The presence of RoFo and DoFo are not mutually exclusive or inclusive. In other words, the possible variation are neither, both or either could have been there. We know neither being there is not correct but it could have been both, which means both stories are true rather than one true and one false.

I believe both Cayla AND the Timmie's spox. I don't believe Timmie's ever came out directly saying RoFo was NOT there that morning, only verified that DoFo WAS there. The presence of RoFo and DoFo are not mutually exclusive or inclusive. In other words, the possible variation are neither, both or either could have been there. We know neither being there is not correct but it could have been both, which means both stories are true rather than one true and one false.
Timmie's lied by omission.

I'm told, like with the first extortion charge, that recovering these files is key to making an arrest (I'm not exactly sure what he could be charged with). It's possible they've already found what they're looking for and they're waiting for Ford to return from rehab. It's also possible that my info is wrong--it has been before, even though my sources are good. Sorry I don't have more specific info.

I still refuse to believe that Giroux will retire without an arrest, too much time and money has been spent. Blair has also been keeping a very low profile lately, so maybe the shit's about to hit the fan.

I wondered whether Robbie was there, the news broke, so Dougie nipped on down there with a few t-shirts.

I still refuse to believe that Giroux will retire without an arrest, too much time and money has been spent. Blair has also been keeping a very low profile lately, so maybe the shit's about to hit the fan.

what do you make of the whole jurisdictional gongshow with the OPP? that - and the long timescales - have made me skeptical.

There was a week earlier this year when EVERYONE thought Ford was about to be arrested and every media was keeping an even closer eye on him as a result. Maybe he'll actually be charged when we least expect it.

what do you make of the whole jurisdictional gongshow with the OPP? that - and the long timescales - have made me skeptical.

Some of my sources wonder if that spat was staged so that Ford would let his guard down. Or Giroux is just possessive about his case and wasn't including OPP like they'd hoped he would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back