892     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest Forum poll from this morning's Star:

Chow - 34%
Ford - 27%
Tory - 24%

As usual he dominates with the youngest, most uneducated voters. Good news is that 58% said Ford should resign, and the overall results confirm that without new support, it will be difficult for him to win.

So he's rebounded. And he'll probably get an additional bounce if his "redemption" story lasts.

In terms of the police investigation, my sources say the same thing as Metro Man's been saying. They believe cops are waiting on one last key piece of info, probably a digital file.

So he's rebounded. And he'll probably get an additional bounce if his "redemption" story lasts.

I'm not sure he's rebounded, but it's certainly an indicator that he isn't "dead" yet. What will it take? Probably a sex tape or charges. Sad.

The two Sun stories quote either Doug or Rob saying RoFo was there with his "wife and kids". Renata's name doesn't get mentioned. Her photo hasn't surfaced and no one claims a sighting. She's been keeping a low profile, yes. Certainly not a US-style political wife standing by her mayun; she's not part of the happily married man optics. Although Crabby Joe's *is* an eating place.

Likelihood of McRobb & Renata there together? Uhhhhh maybe, but ....

Question: if CAS has taken custody of children away from both parents, would one parent be able to act as guardian over the other parent? In other words, in that scenario, would Renata be in the position to bring the kids to Rob and take them away?

Wasn't there chatter awhile ago that the kids might have been placed with Renata's parents? That is a reasonable CAS course of action under these circumstances. Her parents would be familiar surrounding.

Wow so things are still happening on police front?

I'm no techie so not the best explanation, but I heard even though Apple granted cops access to the raw data on Lisi's phone they still had quite a bit of work to do to recover all of his files.

Last edited:
Wasn't there chatter awhile ago that the kids might have been placed with Renata's parents? That is a reasonable CAS course of action under these circumstances. Her parents would be familiar surrounding.

I heard they were placed with some family members for a month or so back around the time Ford punched Bruno while he was carrying McDonalds.

Tory must just feel great about those results.

Agreed, after 4 months of campaigning John's treading water behind a candidate in "rehab" so I don't imagine there is much joy in the Tory camp. If anyone pulls a Hail Mary, such as an unseen video just prior to Election Day, then look for it to come from there.

I'm no techie so not the best explanation, but I heard even though Apple granted cops access to the raw data on Lisi's phone they still had quite a bit of work to do to recover all of his files.

That sounds like a well-practiced police excuse to be used in front of a judge. IOW they have nothing. And refuse to admit they fucked up by not moving in when seeing Ford and Lisi exchange 'packages' like they would have with any other drug dealers.

Meanwhile "Toronto's Finest" are playing hardball with Kathy Ford because they claim she didn't complete her community service on a petty theft charge, as if anyone cares about that.

Last edited:

I think he got a little boost for just being absent. Being back will hurt him more than it will help. There's no way he does not screw up in the next 4 months. He's been unable to do this for years. And this spa-rehab did not fix many of his other issues.

That sounds like a well-practiced police excuse to be used in front of a judge. IOW they have nothing. And refuse to admit they fucked up by not moving in when seeing Ford and Lisi exchange 'packages' like they would have with any other drug dealers.

Meanwhile "Toronto's Finest" are playing hardball with Kathy Ford because they claim she didn't complete her community service on a petty theft charge, as if anyone cares about that.

That's a possibility. I know cops could've easily busted Ford for pot possession any time they wanted to but they were looking for something bigger.

Agreed, after 4 months of campaigning John's treading water behind a candidate in "rehab" so I don't imagine there is much joy in the Tory camp. If anyone pulls a Hail Mary, such as an unseen video just prior to Election Day, then look for it to come from there.

Within 3 weeks of returning there will be new videos of drunk Ford out in public. That will not turn many towards voting for Tory.

This is just ridiculous. The Police has nothing to do with Kathy at this stage. It's all judicial hearings. She's just a screwup like her brother.
And to think the police have absolutely nothing on Ford is just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back