656     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 586     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 728     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is also the "mute" function, something I only discovered this week!
Yes. When I witnessed TORONTOPOLI's appalling behaviour yesterday I saw red, and couldn't immediately mute, I had to tumble with the trolls for a bit, and it's an action that cannot be condoned. I note that today it seems to have no followers.

Of course - it had to have been Metro Man! Maybe that is what gave me the false memory re The Twitter (since he seems to no longer "live at UT")..

Yes. When I witnessed TORONTOPOLI's appalling behaviour yesterday I saw red, and couldn't immediately mute, I had to tumble with the trolls for a bit, and it's an action that cannot be condoned. I note that today it seems to have no followers.

It also seems to have deleted yesterday's tweets.

Rob Ford and Doug Ford: a boon for city hall integrity?

“I’m just going to give the integrity commissioner 10 sheets that say, ‘I, Doug Ford, apologize to — a blank name — for anything that I’ve said in the past and anything I’m going to say in the future.’ ”

The councillor’s dismissive attitude, along with international amazement that Toronto is powerless to fire his notorious mayor brother, suggest the system to promote and police ethics at city hall is crushed like a pop can.

[...]

Why, some demand, has Leiper not dropped the hammer on a mayor who smoked illegal drugs, repeatedly lied about it, appeared impaired in public, denigrated ethnic minorities, gays and women, and mixed city business with his own family firm?

But the integrity commissioner cannot directly discipline anyone. The code states she can recommend that council impose punishments limited to a public reprimand or suspension of pay for up to 90 days.

In conflict of interest cases, voters can turn to the courts, as happened when a judge ordered Ford out of office in 2012, and an appeal court rescued him by ruling that council exceed its authority in following Leiper’s advice to force Ford to repay lobbyists’ donations to his football foundation

[...]

“I was called a watchdog but I don’t see that as my role — I’m a guide, a teacher, a way to reflect back to council what their collective goal is,” Leiper says.

“I’ve watched city council become more comfortable and as a group more sophisticated in their application in their own Code of Conduct and also their appreciation of it as a protection for them,” against getting in trouble.

Duff Conacher, of Ottawa-based Democracy Watch, argues Leiper should have been more tenacious in probing Ford’s misbehaviour. The new Liberal government must create a provincial integrity watchdog with power to discipline civic officials using a “sliding scale” of punishments that corresponds to their misdeed, he says.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...doug_ford_a_boon_for_city_hall_integrity.html

Last edited:
After all this boredom, the one person I'd pay to sit down with at a lie detector with is Mofo.
If she really didn't understand how colossal a fuckup RoFo is, she is a void of humanity. But, as Kingmaker, she should know where ALL the bodies are buried, considering that she likely cuts the cheques to Hotmail and the other members of the best ever criminal family legal team. Her manner of dress AT COURT makes me wonder if she's despicable or empathy-haha-inducing.

Corporate, Institutional and Union contributions were banned after the 2006 election...I think that is why there was a large increase of contibutions from individual and extended family outside the "M" postal prefix starting in 2010...
...You know what is really interesting go to TMMIS...look up Toronto Election Services...go to 2010 or 2006 Muncipal Election...go to view Financial Statements pdf...and you view any candidate's financial statements from either election along with all contributors, contributions and their addresses....

ok... so... did you see corporate donations, and the names of people who own companies? as in, did they kinda get to donate twice in 2006, but only once in the years since?

people looking for a ford look-a-like, for videos and such, should track down this guy...

10499255_693613227375385_1369282189_n.jpg

http://www.vinevideoviewer.com/p/750105359955828796_401514647

Attachments

• 10499255_693613227375385_1369282189_n.jpg
    10499255_693613227375385_1369282189_n.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 804
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back