439     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 550     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely not cell or handheld - almost certainly security cameras, but also almost certainly being controlled by security (the vertical movement sure looked mechanical). Likely FOI, but perhaps someone was directing the media where to look?

It was a permanently mounted security camera. The guard would have been doing their job - of course they are going to zoom in when they see people acting strangely. Probably "hey, is that guy getting mugged?" Followed by "what the hell" followed by "fuck you Rob for saying you'd get me fired."

The Star had to have been tipped off about the date. $5 says it was a security guard.

It was Easter Monday so if anyone was there they would have left at 6. This video was taken just before 10 pm.

I am also impressed with the person who was zooming in on the ground, whether or not it was to show the shoe or wallet or whatever, it caught the collapse of the ankle. What a mess Ford is.

Is there a story along with the video? It seems a bit weird that the video is just showing up on twitter but there is no written word. It says at the end that Daniel Dale is the reporter but where is the text?

What talk was this? (and welcome aboard!)

What do you mean when you say the first Lisi story?

Is there a link to the talk?

Thx! Was a journalism conference in Toronto called MagsNet. He also said a cbc exec once warned him after an appearance that Hells Angels was looking to find out where he lived and he got numerous warnings to his home to stop his investigation.

It was a permanently mounted security camera. The guard would have been doing their job - of course they are going to zoom in when they see people acting strangely. Probably "hey, is that guy getting mugged?" Followed by "what the hell" followed by "fuck you Rob for saying you'd get me fired."

The Star had to have been tipped off about the date. $5 says it was a security guard.

I agree. The Sit In was a Sit Out as City Hall was closed for maintenance that day. The building was locked. I wonder when he got there because he might have arrived after all maintenance was done.

I agree. The Sit In was a Sit Out as City Hall was closed for maintenance that day. The building was locked. I wonder when he got there because he might have arrived after all maintenance was done.

And was that the Escalade or the Navigator? If the latter, then could it be that Doug was called to City Hall to pick up a hammered Rob?

[QUOTE=TOBorn;876495]It in today's 'printed' copy. Written by Richard Warnica, headline is "Fords' business dealings generate q

Doug's response to the allegations are quoted thusly:

"Doug Ford meanwhile called the allegations 'a witch hunt,' adding 'Rob and I are the most honest people in the world when it comes to taxpayer money."

Does that imply they have not been honest all these years with Deco's money? Their customers? Their clients? Their suppliers? In fact did Deco shine all these years BECAUSE they were not building an honest business? In fact, I have always wondered how Tweedee and Tweedle Dummer et al could have run a successful business all these years. Did they used to have exceptional hired hands to do all the practical work all those years? Now that Leonard Rudner is talking, maybe we will find out.

A buddy of mine got a great deal on canned tomatoes. A whole shipping container of ‘em. Bought ‘em real cheap from some characters who ordered in some chemicals from Chinee, and they came in the same container as the canned tomatoes. The things they use for packing material these days…

I asked if he was gonna sell them tomatoes. Heinz Leamington shutting off production and all that. As a graduate of Scarlett Heights Entrepreneurial Academy, he oughta see an opportunity here, and not make a hash of it.

Not so fast, he says. Government red tape around factory cleanliness, e-ecoli bacteria, use-by date, Agriculture Canada, food standards, yadda yadda yadda.

I sez to him people eat sh!t all the time. A little bit more ain’t gonna hurt ‘em. Besides, hasn’t he heard of a sh!t-eating grin?

I told him what he needs is a printer. Some company who could print him up some nice labels. Slap ‘Product of Canada’ on there, a new use-by date and Rob’s your uncle. He could be selling his canned tomatoes by the pallet load.

Buddy mumbled something “Food Frod.†Never heard of anything so ridiculous. Anybody know a label printer who could help Buddy out?

And was that the Escalade or the Navigator? If the latter, then could it be that Doug was called to City Hall to pick up a hammered Rob?

cropped screen cap from the clip:
escalade.jpg

Attachments

• escalade.jpg
    escalade.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 862
Long time lurker, first time poster! Thought I'd update everyone on a talk the Star's Kevin Donovan gave today since no one else seems to have checked it out here.

Most interesting points:

• There are too many coincidences for there not to be a link between the crack video and Anthony Smith's murder, despite what police say. Donovan is taking the long-term approach to this, waiting patiently for the details to start tricking out. Does he know more than he lets on?

He couldn't go with the first Lisi story until someone credible confirmed that police were indeed investigating him. After weeks of trying to get cops to confirm he tricked Lisi's lawyer into admitting that he was being investigated. This gave him the green light to run with the story.

The thing about the Smith murder, did Donovan state this clearly, or is this something that you inferred from his comments? He's been very guarded in the video that I've seen when the subject comes up.

Last edited:
I am also impressed with the person who was zooming in on the ground, whether or not it was to show the shoe or wallet or whatever, it caught the collapse of the ankle. What a mess Ford is.

Is there a story along with the video? It seems a bit weird that the video is just showing up on twitter but there is no written word. It says at the end that Daniel Dale is the reporter but where is the text?

Is it possible that the zoom is not something that security did at the time the video was taken but rather something that was applied by the Star before posting the video in order to highlight the interesting bits?

The thing about the Smith murder, did Donovan state this clearly, or is this something that you inferred from his comments? He's been very guarded in the video that I've seen when the subject comes up.

He said cops appear to dismiss the tie in the Ito but for him personally based on his years of experience there are too many coincidences for there not to be a link. He says he's patiently taking the long view of this and waiting for things to trickle out.

In my recollection, it has usually been Doolittle, or Pagliaro who have taken pains to explain the Smith murder as not linked to the Ford affair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back